Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: You won, it's your country now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I do.
    No you don't.

Absolute individual freedom precludes any government at all.

Freedom to kill each other, rape and steal.

Put let's see if i can grab some that are actually debatable that you disagree with.

Abortion (You're probabley good with this one, but it'll cut off most of the right)

Freedom to hire whoever you want for any reason you want. (this will probabley chop off most of the left. This means you can look at someone and tell them not to apply for the job because they are black, female, fat, ugly, or any other reason you choose)

No minimum wage.

No emissions regulations whatsoever.

No zoning laws... someone can buy the lot next to you and turn it into an autoshop.

You like all these, or do i need to come up with some more?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Drama queen? Yeah, whatever. It's not about the GOP or Romney as of last night, and my point is simply that it's over for Republicans as far as the presidency. 4 more years of growing the dependent class and locking in their votes will be irreversible. The good news is it looks like you have a few years to write your apology letter to those kids in your avatar -- because just like mine and every other kid in America, their future is screwed.
    OK, I'll get cracking on my first draft.

But, I think I'll be able to survive the possible modest increase in my taxes, should they ever take place. So far, after four years of Obama, they haven't. Personally, I'd rather my taxes go up slightly than all Americans lose their mortgage deduction which is what Romney may or may not have done (we don't know - he wouldn't say). Somehow, I think my children (and yours), through the values we instill in them, will be able to succeed, despite the attempts of this "dependant class" to somehow bring them down.

And you want the GOP to be relevant again on a national level? It needs to do some soul searchin....or at least its rank and file does. Doggin' put it quite well - you want a fiscal conservative to have a viable shot at the Presidency? Stop kowtowing to the Moral Majority. The first election that a Republican candidate doesn't speak at Liberty University, we'll know we made progress. And perhaps I might even join you in voting for that guy. Or girl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    No zoning laws... someone can buy the lot next to you and turn it into an autoshop.
    A body shop or a repair shop?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    A body shop or a repair shop?
    Either... point was somthing noisy. I was going to go with Strip-club or Brothel then realized how many posts i'd get supporting no zoning laws >.<

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    So you are saying we are at the point where voters need to be entertained and are too stupid to care about the future of the country? If you can't understand then you shouldn't vote..
    But heres the rub.

Smart people get ONE vote. Dumb people get ONE vote.

GOP is too smart for their own good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Its Rubber Stamp time

The Republican House should go along with whatever is dictated to them. The people have spoken, time to rubber stamp everything since they have no good ideas.

I'm not being sarcastic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol at the predictable over reaction from both sides (and even the nons , I'm looking at you Warfish)

Freedom of the individual is dead? The GOP will never again see the White House? Really?

Obama won 50-48. America was begging for the GOP to give them a reason to fix this mistake, and they just simply blew it.

Not able to match Dem marketing. Not able to articulately address the divisive nonsensical tactics of the left. Not communicating a real plan. And their biggest failure: not embracing the opportunity they have in immigrants. They've basically made adversaries out of a group they should instead be embracing in a warm hug. Find ways to make it easier for them to get here and stay here, not harder. These are motivated individuals who already get the concept of hard work and personal responsibility. That's why they left home - to come to the "land of the free", towork for a piece of theirs. Demographics are clearly changing. Not wise to alienate those pushing the change.

This is still a center right nation, and the polls show it on specific topics. Many just don't feel there is anyone available to represent that in a competent and dynamic manner. But those ideals certainly are not "dead"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    No you don't.

Absolute individual freedom precludes any government at all.

Freedom to kill each other, rape and steal.
    Dumb examples. Those are not freedoms. My freedom to swing my fist ends at the tip of your nose.

Put let's see if i can grab some that are actually debatable that you disagree with.

Abortion (You're probabley good with this one, but it'll cut off most of the right)

Freedom to hire whoever you want for any reason you want. (this will probabley chop off most of the left. This means you can look at someone and tell them not to apply for the job because they are black, female, fat, ugly, or any other reason you choose)

No minimum wage.

No emissions regulations whatsoever.

You like all these, or do i need to come up with some more?
    You're speaking to an anarchist. Of all the hypothetical terrors you can envision of a world in chaos, I can call each one with real stories of governments killing, maiming and stealing en masse. Whenever mankind has endowed certain people with the "legal right" to use force on others, it's precisely what they do. And the only justification anybody can dream up for this endowment of extraordinary privileges, is that it keeps us safe.

....you know.... except for the part about actually being safe.

The crux of the matter is this; In no way shape, or form, does the fact that some overbearing narcissist decided to write down their threats and call them "law", do I (or anyone else) have any moral obligation to obey. So you can keep dreaming that the 30 to 40 percent forfeiture of everything you produce is fair trade for being 'safe' (), I'll keep dreaming of a world where people's egos don't justify their pet tyrannies at the cost of the rest of our Liberties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    But heres the rub.

Smart people get ONE vote. Dumb people get ONE vote.

GOP is too smart for their own good.
    That is very sad commentary on America.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Lol at the predictable over reaction from both sides (and even the nons , I'm looking at you Warfish)

Freedom of the individual is dead? The GOP will never again see the White House? Really?

Obama won 50-48. America was begging for the GOP to give them a reason to fix this mistake, and they just simply blew it.

Not able to match Dem marketing. Not able to articulately address the divisive nonsensical tactics of the left. Not communicating a real plan. And their biggest failure: not embracing the opportunity they have in immigrants. They've basically made adversaries out of a group they should instead be embracing in a warm hug. Find ways to make it easier for them to get here and stay here, not harder. These are motivated individuals who already get the concept of hard work and personal responsibility. That's why they left home - to come to the "land of the free", towork for a piece of theirs. Demographics are clearly changing. Not wise to alienate those pushing the change.

This is still a center right nation, and the polls show it on specific topics. Many just don't feel there is anyone available to represent that in a competent and dynamic manner. But those ideals certainly are not "dead"
    100% spot on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fiscal conservative is not dead. Not even close.

Social conservatism. Hit the lights, goodnight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    OK, I'll get cracking on my first draft.

But, I think I'll be able to survive the possible modest increase in my taxes, should they ever take place. So far, after four years of Obama, they haven't. Personally, I'd rather my taxes go up slightly than all Americans lose their mortgage deduction which is what Romney may or may not have done (we don't know - he wouldn't say). Somehow, I think my children (and yours), through the values we instill in them, will be able to succeed, despite the attempts of this "dependant class" to somehow bring them down.

And you want the GOP to be relevant again on a national level? It needs to do some soul searchin....or at least its rank and file does. Doggin' put it quite well - you want a fiscal conservative to have a viable shot at the Presidency? Stop kowtowing to the Moral Majority. The first election that a Republican candidate doesn't speak at Liberty University, we'll know we made progress. And perhaps I might even join you in voting for that guy. Or girl.
    Just because your tax bill doesn't go up, doesn't mean your taxes haven't gone up.

Inflation is a tax. Has your salary increased yearly at a rate greater than inflation in the past 4 years? If not, you now make less than you did then. Do you think that as a result of the Fed increasing the supply, that money you have is worth what it was or could have been? What bout your cost of gas? Food? Health care? Tell us, what were your premiums 5 years ago and what are they today? What do you think they'll be in another 3? Both the cost to you and to your employer?

They're all up. As a result of policy, not economic adjustment. Your taxes are most certainly up in every way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty confident something will get done on immigration reform. Republicans have no choice, but to play ball and come to the table.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Fiscal conservative is not dead. Not even close.

Social conservatism. Hit the lights, goodnight.
    I think the Romney GOP nomination reflects that they, at least, somewhat understood this but it wasn't enough. He had to turncoat a bit to get through and was caught in the crosshairs. He just wasnt the right guy.

Is there a young, articulate, fiscally conservative, socially liberal or indifferent, ex-military man who can find a Latino or female VP running mate in 2016?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree here. Time and situations change. I remember the 1964 debacle - too young to vote yet. "The END of the Republican Party". Nah.
    1968. Was old enoiugh via absentee. Bobby was a lock. Bang bang and Nixon's the one.
    1972. One of the biggest routs ever -McGovern got one state.
    1976 - Dems back.
    And around and round we go. If we face an economic collapse (not impossible) they Dems could put up a JFK, FDR, Bill Clinton and Harry Truman composite and they'd lose. It's all about circumstance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't known for it, but like Paul Ryan, Chris Christie is a social conservative. A pro-life governor who vetoed gay marriage in NJ after it passed both houses in the legislator. I hope the legislator passes it again, maybe he smartens up.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Agree here. Time and situations change. I remember the 1964 debacle - too young to vote yet. "The END of the Republican Party". Nah.
    1968. Was old enoiugh via absentee. Bobby was a lock. Bang bang and Nixon's the one.
    1972. One of the biggest routs ever -McGovern got one state.
    1976 - Dems back.
    And around and round we go. If we face an economic collapse (not impossible) they Dems could put up a JFK, FDR, Bill Clinton and Harry Truman composite and they'd lose. It's all about circumstance.
    How about the Democratic party after 1980 and 84? People were convinced they were over forever.

Circumstances will most certainly shift again. I suspect when the economy gets much worse again, which it assuredly will, people will be reminded that we can't just keep spending (and that goes for both sides) our way to this fictional utopia.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

+1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    So you are saying we are at the point where voters need to be entertained and are too stupid to care about the future of the country?
    Idiocracy wasn't that far off, sadly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some winners and losers from last night.

Losers: Gallup and Rasmussen polls.
    Winners: All the other polls, Nate Silver.