Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 218

Thread: You won, it's your country now.

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Whoa whoa! I thought I was done in here for a while but I can't pull away yet. You guys are just great. Anyway I completely disagree it's fiscal policies that are hurting the GOP. There is zero doubt in my mind it's all based on social issues. They are soooo out of touch here it cripples everything else thy stand for.
    Libertarians = Fiscally republican\socially democrat. We just need a presentable charismatic face to put on the label.

    Sadly the only names I have heard are Gary Johnson who I like but has no charisma, Ron Paul old and marginalized and the Jesse Ventura\Howard Stern ticket which is obviously not viable because it would be the truther-farts ticket.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    You know the Manequin in Chief won another 4 years right? The guy with no vision. The guy that divided the country more than any previous president.

    Why is Romney's vision of removing loopholes from the tax code only for old white guys?

    Are you saying that only old white guys can figure out how to make money in the traditional American economy at least as it has been in the past 50 years? That is pretty racist of you.

    What exactly is Obama's vision other than garbage one liners and sit on your ass while old white guys foot the bill? Obama couldn't even pass a friggin budget in 4 years but he has the vision?
    Name one loophole that the Romney campaign actually named to get rid of. They had no credibility on taxes because they refussd to name any of the popular tax deductions they would actually cut back. The public read it as more tax cuts for rich old white guys. The President won that debate because Romney and Ryan lacked any credibility on the tax argument.

  3. #23
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    What we need is for a high profile Libertarian to get noticed. Conservative fiscally and liberal socially could bridge the gap and create a 3 party system but it has to start today, not in 2 years.
    Conservative fiscally and Libertarianism is what just lost (non social issues).

    Its why me and many others leaned right.

    Fiscal lefties keep voting for there benefitsts even while there country is in ruin. Check out Europe

    Now that lefties here have the people seeing how to vote for benfiets with and without working its over for the right is what the OP is correctly saying.

    Economic libertarians is dead.Nails are in the coffin

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin, "When the people know they can vote themselves money, that is the end of the Republic".

    Obama smartly appealed to those who are getting a free ride through low/no taxes, welfare, free handouts in Medicaid, cheap education and other appeals to the "mob" mentality. He also made a major appeal to the corrupt unions. It was a good and successful strategy. Appealing to American values of hard work is no longer a smart strategy as Americans have changed their views.

    We will see what the results are, especially in the business community.
    I think the smart money will end up off shore and underground through barter.

  5. #25
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Libertarians = Fiscally republican\socially democrat. We just need a presentable charismatic face to put on the label.

    Sadly the only names I have heard are Gary Johnson who I like but has no charisma, Ron Paul old and marginalized and the Jesse Ventura\Howard Stern ticket which is obviously not viable because it would be the truther-farts ticket.
    +1

    A young Hispanic Ron Paul is what we need.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
    Agreed which is something the Dems can hang their hat on in hindsight to the Regan era. But again I'll say we were in the middle of a Cold War.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    Conservative fiscally and Libertarianism is what just lost (non social issues).

    Its why me and many others leaned right.

    Fiscal lefties keep voting for there benefitsts even while there country is in ruin. Check out Europe

    Now that lefties here have the people seeing how to vote for benfiets with and without working its over for the right is what the OP is correctly saying.

    Economic libertarians is dead.Nails are in the coffin
    So the only answer is to have a drink and wait for the country to collapse? I don't believe that.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Libertarianism.

    Have to accept that the coalition of evangelicals and Fox viewers will not win you the white house, even if that coalition succeeds in the former Confederate states and conservative districts around the nation.

    Ron Paul would have mounted a greater challenge to Obama, but the GOP laughed him off, while the "mainstream" candidates one-upped each other on Iran war rhetoric and religious zealotry.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Libertarians = Fiscally republican\socially democrat. We just need a presentable charismatic face to put on the label.

    Sadly the only names I have heard are Gary Johnson who I like but has no charisma, Ron Paul old and marginalized and the Jesse Ventura\Howard Stern ticket which is obviously not viable because it would be the truther-farts ticket.
    Absolutely. However I'll disagree that a 3 party ticket would ever work. You're just robbing Peter to pay Paul while the Dem ticket would go untouched.

    I'm with you, i think it's what youre implying...that the GOP and Libetarian parties need to somehow mesh into one. I think Paul understood this which is why he switched. That being said I know he's not the guy, but to your point, yeah the republicans are in trouble until they find that type of candidate....someone who is far less radical but who shares in the same fundamental beliefs.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rand is much more charismatic than his dad.

  11. #31
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    You know the Manequin in Chief won another 4 years right? The guy with no vision. The guy that divided the country more than any previous president.

    Why is Romney's vision of removing loopholes from the tax code only for old white guys?

    Are you saying that only old white guys can figure out how to make money in the traditional American economy at least as it has been in the past 50 years? That is pretty racist of you.

    What exactly is Obama's vision other than garbage one liners and sit on your ass while old white guys foot the bill? Obama couldn't even pass a friggin budget in 4 years but he has the vision?
    Do you really think "closing tax loopholes" resonates with most Americans?? This is exactly what I mean. Its BORING. Its wonkish. It doesnt work. You may WANT it to resonate but it simply doesnt.

    And gee, I wonder why he couldn't pass a buget.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Libertarianism.

    Have to accept that the coalition of evangelicals and Fox viewers will not win you the white house, even if that coalition succeeds in the former Confederate states and conservative districts around the nation.

    Ron Paul would have mounted a greater challenge to Obama, but the GOP laughed him off, while the "mainstream" candidates one-upped each other on Iran war rhetoric and religious zealotry.
    It drives me crazy. In hindsight knowing they lost anyway, knowing Paul would probably never win a general election either, it still would have been worth it to see him debate and debunk the **** out of Obama on national tv...instead of Romney who basically just rolled over.

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Couldn't have been two more differing visions for America than what was represented in the candidates last night. Obama's vision won, regardless of whether or not those voting for him (or anybody else) have any idea of what that vision really is. By 2016 and beyond, it really won't matter who's running on the R ticket -- he or she won't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the presidency. There will simply be far too many more "Americans" who vote for a living rather than work for a living by then. Elections are a lock for D presidential candidates from here on out, so as I said in the title, it's your country now. Enjoy!
    Agreed. It's all (in the end) a basic math problem.

    95%+ of African Americans
    65%+ of Hispanics and growing
    55%+ of Women and growing

    And the population of African Americans, Hispanics and Women is growing, and if immigration reform (amnesty) passes, will grow greatly between now and 2016, 2020 and 2024.

    All of this lopsided support based, it seems to me, on policies that (R) cannot simply abandon without going ahead and being (D V2.0).

    I'd be all ears to hear what the resident (D) geniuses think (R) can do to change the demograhic math problem.

    Should (R) be for illegal immigration? For Affirmative Action and Welfare and Massive Government? For Universal Healthcare, Abortion on Demand and Free Rubbers for 1st graders on up?

    If so, we already have that party. They're called (D).

    In all seriousness, I see no position (R) can take without the wholesale abandonment of conservativism, that will change the demographic defeat we just saw.

    Enjoy the victory (D), you won and for once I agree with the hyperbole, this election may have been (R) last shot, so you can be as smug as you want now (and many of you are from my reading thus far this morning).

    As for the joke of "Libertarianism", spare me. The idea of the individual is as dead as anything could be dead in this nation. The "greater good" argument just handed individual rights its ass, and I don;t see that changing because of a laughable fringe 0.05% fringe group with big fantasies.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-07-2012 at 10:02 AM.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Do you really think "closing tax loopholes" resonates with most Americans?? This is exactly what I mean. Its BORING. Its wonkish. It doesnt work. You may WANT it to resonate but it simply doesnt.

    And gee, I wonder why he couldn't pass a buget.
    I think you make a really good point with this. The Dems have been able to master the power of marketing to the American masses. Clear, concise, dumbed down, easy to understand policies even a sixth grader could understand. You want to talk about targeting demographics to a tee. The Boss and Jay Z! C'mon man, who can beat that!!? I will screw the 1% and take care of everyone else...here's a pamphlet, Policy for Dummy's.

    I'm being serious btw.
    Last edited by HessStation; 11-07-2012 at 10:02 AM.

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Oh stop being a drama queen. As for visions, do we really know Mitt Romney's vision is/was? You can put down Obama all you want, but the fact remains that the GOP put forth a sh!tty candidate.
    Drama queen? Yeah, whatever. It's not about the GOP or Romney as of last night, and my point is simply that it's over for Republicans as far as the presidency. 4 more years of growing the dependent class and locking in their votes will be irreversible. The good news is it looks like you have a few years to write your apology letter to those kids in your avatar -- because just like mine and every other kid in America, their future is screwed.

  16. #36
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    So the only answer is to have a drink and wait for the country to collapse? I don't believe that.
    They have to accept the left victories (big government) and see how we can do better than Europe. Less regulation.
    Agree to illegals the lefties way.

    A social issue they have and ignored gay adoption is just not much.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I think you make a really good point with this. The Dems have been able to master the power of marketing to the American masses. Clear, concise, dumbed down, easy to understand policies even a sixth grader could understand. You want to talk about targeting demographics to a tee. The Boss an Jay Z! C'mon man, who can beat that!!? I will screw the 1% and take care of everyone else...here's a pamphlet, Policy for Dummy's.

    I'm being serious btw.
    I know you are and I agree 100%. Policy wonks can drone on and on on C-Span all they want.

    "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like


    I'm going to Texas. Yall can go straight to Hell.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3PZV...ctr=1352303551


  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post

    I'm going to Texas. Yall can go straight to Hell.
    Which part? I love this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREkqCvLzSo

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Name one loophole that the Romney campaign actually named to get rid of. They had no credibility on taxes because they refussd to name any of the popular tax deductions they would actually cut back. The public read it as more tax cuts for rich old white guys. The President won that debate because Romney and Ryan lacked any credibility on the tax argument.
    The people simply don't like flip floppers who try to win their vote with used carsalesman tactics.

    The mans entire economic plan was "I'm a businessman, I can fix it, trust me". Everytime he was asked for specifics he gave none because he knew the crap he was throwing at the wall won't stick.

    To add to thar Romney had no plan for anything. The guy spent 2/3 of his campaign pandering to lunatic teabagger ideologies. Then when it came time for the debates he became a moderate. It was downright comical how he practically agreed with Obama on everything in that foreign policy debate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us