Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Did the Tea Party doom the GOP?

  1. #1

    Did the Tea Party doom the GOP?

    Did the Tea Party doom the GOP?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Did the Tea Party doom the GOP?

    Thoughts?
    No.... The reality is, the republican party is out of step with the mainstream. the religious right crowd as an example.

    I am personally unaffected by this and couldn't care less or more but the fact that we have half the country requesting stuff.... they will always vote this way.

    Add to that the strength of public employee unions getting stuff and well...

    The ground work has changed, possibly permanently.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Did the Tea Party doom the GOP?

    Thoughts?
    I don't think so. I blame the media "being in the bag", lying and covering for Obama, Christie and Irene, Romney playing prevent D at the end of the game rather than going for the kill and the GOP not finding or putting up a better candidate than Romney in the first place.

    What exactly has the tea party done since 2010 that hurt Romney?

  4. #4
    Nevermind I misread OP.

    The Tea Party was GREAT in theory unfortunately blemished by socially retarded conservatives. The liberal media attacked the **** out this and turned an economic movement into something ugly.
    Last edited by HessStation; 11-07-2012 at 11:14 AM.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,180
    No.

    They just need to realize that being white, having a penis, being religious, being fiscally responsible, and wanting to be "on your own" or "self-made" is taboo.

    Lets print some money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Did the Tea Party doom the GOP?

    Thoughts?
    Not really as I think most people viewed them as a fringe not a majority. You hit the nail on the head in the other thread about the GOP's lack of self awareness when it comes to broadening their tent.

  7. #7
    The tea party didn't doom the Republican party, the social right wing of the Republican party doomed the tea party.

  8. #8
    Tea Party is the reason the Republicans don't control the U.S Senate. They cost the GOP at least 5 Senate seats the last two Elections. In Delaware, Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, and Indiana.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Tea Party is the reason the Republicans don't control the U.S Senate. they cost the GOP at least 5 Senate seats. In Delaware, Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, and Indiana.
    Yet somehow they are the reason they control the house.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No.

    They just need to realize that being white, having a penis, being religious, being fiscally responsible, and wanting to be "on your own" or "self-made" is taboo.

    Lets print some money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not even, I disagree. Michele Bachman, Sarah Palin don't have a penis'. They just cling to social issues of the 50's and the sharks attack. What takes a back seat in all this is the main point.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Yet somehow they are the reason they control the house.

    by having the state legislatures which they took over in 2010 (a census year) and gerrymandering districts even further. (yes i know Democrats have and would of done the same giving the opportunity)

    Without the favorable redistricting Michelle Bachmann got she would of been ousted last night. Still they got Allen West and Joe Walsh, plus another 6 seats gained in the house.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 11:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Yet somehow they are the reason they control the house.
    I think they help in Regional pockets but probably hurt the general, national presidential election for Romney. To what degree I dunno. I don't think enough to have changed the outcome.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    by having the state legislatures which they took over in 2010 (a census year) and gerrymandering districts even further. (yes i know Democrats have and would of done the same giving the opportunity)

    Without the favorable redistricting Michelle Bachmann got she would of been ousted last night. We still got Allen West and Joe Walsh, plus another 6 seats gained in the house.
    They'll probably be taken back in two years, no? Serious question. Hate to think of the masses as sheep, but how many people just wanted to vote for Obama, just cause, and oh yeah, check all the dem boxes.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    They'll probably be taken back in two years, no? Serious question. Hate to think of the masses as sheep, but how many people just wanted to vote for Obama, just cause, and oh yeah, check all the dem boxes.
    Some of them yeah. If there is a wave like 2010 than most of them.

    Presidential elections are a far different electorate than midterms. The midterm electorate is smaller, older, and whiter.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.

  15. #15
    No the republicans lack of a middle ground killed them.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,997
    Fiscal conservatism is a good thing, but when it comes to the Tea Party, the phrase "you're doing it all wrong" comes to mind.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,180
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Not even, I disagree. Michele Bachman, Sarah Palin don't have a penis'. They just cling to social issues of the 50's and the sharks attack. What takes a back seat in all this is the main point.
    I can't make any excuses for Michelle Bachman. She is an abomination.

    However Sarah Palin was a victim of a liberal media assassination. She is nowhere near as bad as people make her out to be. The perception about her is completely wrong. Reps gets blame for this too. She was going a good job in Alaska before they chose her as a Hail Mary for the McCain campaign. She wasn't ready.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Fiscal conservatism is a good thing, but when it comes to the Tea Party, the phrase "you're doing it all wrong" comes to mind.
    Are they or is the problem how they are presented in the media?

    Have you gone to a tea party rally? I have, and it is not what the media portrays. Unlike the Occupy morons the tea party actually has ideas and a plan.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Are they or is the problem how they are presented in the media?

    Have you gone to a tea party rally? I have, and it is not what the media portrays. Unlike the Occupy morons the tea party actually has ideas and a plan.
    Exactly. However the leaders who are carrying out that plan can't all be social retards living in 1956 because the media picks up on and targets that and the average american comes away with the notion that it's a big anti-abortion or clan rally because look who's there speaking.

    I dunno. How do you fix that. I dunno.

  20. #20
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,697
    The tea party had very little to do with the presidential election. However, they totally ****ing blew a very good chance the GOP had at taking the Senate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us