Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Jets Tweets 11/7

  1. #1

    Jets Tweets 11/7

    Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 6:09 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    COLUMN: Jetsí schedule makes postseason a possibility #nyj: http://t.co/1lN6todH via @newyorkpost


    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 6:14 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    Quinton Coples says playbook is "not an issue anymore," knows he needs to pressure QB more in the second half #jets: http://t.co/uOtmi2Pu

  2. #2
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 7:37 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    Physical was passed, #jets make G Hayworth Hicks signing official.


    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 7:41 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    That makes 9 offensive linemen, including 5 guards, on the active roster if my count is right #jets #nyj

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 7:37 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    Physical was passed, #jets make G Hayworth Hicks signing official.


    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 7:41 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    That makes 9 offensive linemen, including 5 guards, on the active roster if my count is right #jets #nyj
    5 OGs? WTF!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    5 OGs? WTF!
    We're gonna trade them for a limited edition Charizard card.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    5 OGs? WTF!
    quantity over quality. genius

  6. #6
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 7:39 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    There are a million ways to describe Jets HC Rex Ryan, but "overrated" isn't one of them. My column here: http://t.co/dMFCyHfX #nyj

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    Jetsí schedule makes postseason a possibility
    Since the current playoff format has been in place, of 121 teams that started the season 3-5, only 7 have made the playoffs.

  8. #8
    Costello is on drugs...

    What has he seen to think this team has any consistency and can pull off a 6-2 second half just to get to 9-7 which may get a team in b/c the afc stinks.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 7:39 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    There are a million ways to describe Jets HC Rex Ryan, but "overrated" isn't one of them. My column here: http://t.co/dMFCyHfX #nyj
    Talk about a puff piece. Now I see why the majority of posters here think Mehta's a hack.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Since the current playoff format has been in place, of 121 teams that started the season 3-5, only 7 have made the playoffs.
    You play to win the game!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Talk about a puff piece. Now I see why the majority of posters here think Mehta's a hack.
    You say that because he's a Jet. If it were about Belichick (who came in second on that list), you'd think it was brilliant journalism.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Since the current playoff format has been in place, of 121 teams that started the season 3-5, only 7 have made the playoffs.
    Up til a few years ago, every team that went undefeated up to the superbowl won the superbowl

    Historic stats don't mean ****

  13. #13
    Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 9:58 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    Marv Albert and Rich Gannon will have the call on CBS this week of the Jets-Seahawks game #nyj

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,131
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 9:58 AM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
    Marv Albert and Rich Gannon will have the call on CBS this week of the Jets-Seahawks game #nyj
    YESS!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You say that because he's a Jet. If it were about Belichick (who came in second on that list), you'd think it was brilliant journalism.
    Not true. I say that because it's a puff piece. He calls the sample size of the survey small while at roughly 6% of players it is very significant and viable. He stresses the Jets top 5 D for the first 3 years, yet ignores it's 16th ranking this year. He stresses the success the team had in '09 and '10 while glossing over the struggles of the last year and a half. he calls the Jets the "talk of the NFL" since Rex arrived when the Jets have lost all relevancy for 1 1/2 seasons now. He wrote what Jets fans want to hear. Not exactly compelling stuff.


    And the fact that BB was #2 with less than half the votes of Rex is irrelevant and likely a result of either Spygate or valuing the QB play over coaching. Rex is at the top of the list largely due to his mouth and it's resulting body of work.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Not true. I say that because it's a puff piece. He calls the sample size of the survey small while at roughly 6% of players it is very significant and viable. He stresses the Jets top 5 D for the first 3 years, yet ignores it's 16th ranking this year. He stresses the success the team had in '09 and '10 while glossing over the struggles of the last year and a half. he calls the Jets the "talk of the NFL" since Rex arrived when the Jets have lost all relevancy for 1 1/2 seasons now. He wrote what Jets fans want to hear. Not exactly compelling stuff.


    And the fact that BB was #2 with less than half the votes of Rex is irrelevant and likely a result of either Spygate or valuing the QB play over coaching. Rex is at the top of the list largely due to his mouth and it's resulting body of work.
    You're a better troll when you throw in your one-liners.

    This elaborate attempt to justify yourself simply leads to you losing credibility.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Since the current playoff format has been in place, of 121 teams that started the season 3-5, only 7 have made the playoffs.
    Including the 2002 NY Jets

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Including the 2002 NY Jets
    Back then, the Jets had a decent QB.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Back then, the Jets had a decent QB.
    And receivers. And running backs. And o-line...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Back then, the Jets had a decent QB.



    ...and also, **** off.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us