Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: I like how most all the athletes are tweeting pro Obama

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That would be awesome!

    I'll bring beer
    We'll need alot of it if we're hanging out on a Sunday.

    Just say'in.

    I'll bring the Pizza.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    It's been that way for years. Higher income, higher tax rate. Rates now are at their lowest ever. The top tax rate in the 50's was 90%.

    As I said earlier, I don't agree with removing the Bush tax cut from those making 250K. I would set the bottom at 500K. Also, where and how you live determine how much you keep. 250K gets you a lot farther in Manhattan, Kansas, than in Manhattan, NY. But most people would prefer to live in the latter. You have to ask yourself what you feel is worth to you. I could live like a fat cat in the Florida panhandle but I detest the rest of his state north of Miami-Dade county, so I made a decision to stay here.

    If I were running for office, I would set the top tax rate at 30% and do across the board cuts in military spending, foreign aid and inefficient social programs.
    I agree on the 30% top tax tier. The increments should start at 5% for those under 25k, 10% for those under 75k, 15% for those under 250k and 30% for anything over 250K.
    This would eliminate the need for the IRS and accountants.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I agree on the 30% top tax tier. The increments should start at 5% for those under 25k, 10% for those under 75k, 15% for those under 250k and 30% for anything over 250K.
    This would eliminate the need for the IRS and accountants.
    Sounds reasonable, but there will always be some deductions for school, medical n so on... Also Probably need to add in a 25% rate for over 160k and 39% for over 500k.

    The big issue though is investment tax rates. The whole thing that explains why Warren Buffet pays a much lower tax rate than his secretary. Keep the rate low for first 250k to assist those planning for retirement n such, but jump it up to somewhere in the mid 30%s gradually as people begin profiting millions.

    What's it gonna take to stop the continuing class divide? If the top 10% controlling 74% of the wealth isn't enough while 50% of the country has 1%... when is it enough? When the top 10% controls 90% of the wealth?

    Tax rate on "normal" income can use some adjustment. The big thing though is investment income.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: whiny white loser bltches about Obama and black people. Stay tuned for more information as this situation develops
    Lol!!

    Trust me, this dumb post would not have been posted if Romney would have won!

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    We'll need alot of it if we're hanging out on a Sunday.

    Just say'in.

    I'll bring the Pizza.
    Maybe he can get you a sweet deal on a double-wide.

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Maybe he can get you a sweet deal on a double-wide.
    Probably not.

    No one has trailers around here.

    I'll sell you my place on 8 acres of wine vineyards for a cool 100k though. If interested.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  7. #67
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,336
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Probably not.

    No one has trailers around here.

    I'll sell you my place on 8 acres of wine vineyards for a cool 100k though. If interested.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    You nut; your wireless tag is : Sent from my double wide...

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    That is not true by any stretch. I pay almost 50% state and federal combined.

    take a look at savage's post.
    This is not something I know a whole lot about... and I think there are lots of people who don't really understand.

    What are the tax rates for investments and other things rich people do with their money? And why isn't that all just considered income, same as earnings from a job?

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You nut; your wireless tag is : Sent from my double wide...
    I meant to change that to single wide. Who am I kidding?

    Double?

    freaking Obama....


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    This is not something I know a whole lot about... and I think there are lots of people who don't really understand.

    What are the tax rates for investments and other things rich people do with their money? And why isn't that all just considered income, same as earnings from a job?
    This should help give a quick overview of how it works.

    http://m.npr.org/story/145451104?url...ate-for-romney
    Last edited by Mike135; 11-09-2012 at 06:20 AM.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    This should help give a quick overview of how it works.

    http://m.npr.org/story/145451104?url...ate-for-romney
    Damn it.

    Here I am showing up to work every day, like a dickhead.

    Gotta get me some capital gains and dividends!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us