Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: I like how most all the athletes are tweeting pro Obama

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,009
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Umm, you are in the "Politics and World Events" forum. What did you expect, genius?
    It got moved here numb nuts!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Yet they still pay lower tax rates than lower middle class people. With numbers like that it's not tough to see how the divide keeps growing.

    Besides when 50% of the country works with 1% of the money, how much tax money can you expect to collect?
    That is not true by any stretch. I pay almost 50% state and federal combined.

    take a look at savage's post.

  3. #43

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    No, I just find it ironic... My job hasn't changed either way....

    I will try to apply for a free cell phone though to see if i can get through the system.
    The free phone program has been in effect since the Reagan administration. In recent years it has been expanded to include cell phones as an option instead of land lines.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,821
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    define middle class? Obama has defined high income as 250k, that is middle class in the northeast with two incomes.
    An income of 250k puts a person in the top 3% of all wage earners in the country.

    So yeah. That's "middle" class. Just like the 3 yard line is the "middle" of the field.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    That is not true by any stretch. I pay almost 50% state and federal combined.

    take a look at savage's post.
    I'm not referring to someone making $250k. The problem is the rich folk in the top 10 - 1 percentile that sit on millions, tens/hundreds of millions and so on... The ones hording 74% of the nation's wealth. They use some of the money to live the good life, but invest the rest for the majority of their income. Which is taxed at a much lower rate.

    That process turns into an endless loop where the lower 50% pay barely and taxes because they don't make any damn money. You and I pay high tax rates on the money we earn, but the rich pay small rates on investments because that's what helps our economy grow. Ha, that's just BS.

    The class gap just continues to grow that way. It's why Warren Buffet pays a lower tax rate than his secretary.

  6. #46

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    An income of 250k puts a person in the top 3% of all wage earners in the country.

    So yeah. That's "middle" class. Just like the 3 yard line is the "middle" of the field.
    Seriously. Look, I don't agree with removing the tax cut at this income level. I think it should start at $500,000. But if you can't live comfortably on $250,000 a year, you've got a problem.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,821
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Seriously. Look, I don't agree with removing the tax cut at this income level. I think it should start at $500,000. But if you can't live comfortably on $250,000 a year, you've got a problem.
    Wrong.

    250k a year people struggle hard.

    Now, those union construction workers that make upwards of 60k a year and have health insurance? Yeah. They're what's wrong with America.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: whiny white loser bltches about Obama and black people. Stay tuned for more information as this situation develops
    love it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Wrong.

    250k a year people struggle hard.

    Now, those union construction workers that make upwards of 60k a year and have health insurance? Yeah. They're what's wrong with America.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    You can see the fiscal class envy just oooze from every word of a PK post these days.

    If you make more than him, you're not a hard worker. You're a lucky lying lazy fat cat easy street **** who must have stepped over HIM to get there.

    I can tell you old pal, I and mine make more today that I ever thought I would. Not 250K type money, but not bad.

    And yet here I sit, in rental, still, looking at the DC area wondering if I'll ever own a house.

    I'll tell you my friend, it's not as "easy" as you seem to think. Not even close.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.

  10. #50

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You can see the fiscal class envy just oooze from every word of a PK post these days.

    If you make more than him, you're not a hard worker. You're a lucky lying lazy fat cat easy street **** who must have stepped over HIM to get there.

    I can tell you old pal, I and mine make more today that I ever thought I would. Not 250K type money, but not bad.

    And yet here I sit, in rental, still, looking at the DC area wondering if I'll ever own a house.

    I'll tell you my friend, it's not as "easy" as you seem to think. Not even close.
    Then move. Quite a simple answer. The marketplace is set by demand, and people prefer to live in areas like DC, NYC, Miami, SF, LA, etc. instead of places like Idaho, Montana, etc. The choice is yours. I could live like a king in upstate FL but I hate the area, so I prefer to stay in Miami and pay more.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,818
    $250K per year is not a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I will not turn it down but I do not consider that rich.

    I am for taxing "rich people" more (IMO $500k - $1MM per year and up). I am not for demonizing them. Success and wealth (obtained morally and ethically) is a good thing, and it should be admired. Not every rich person is an Enron executive.

    Equal opportunity, NOT equal outcome.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And yet here I sit, in rental, still, looking at the DC area wondering if I'll ever own a house.

    I'll tell you my friend, it's not as "easy" as you seem to think. Not even close.
    Move.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  13. #53
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,511
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    Whatever happened to left wingers being so inclusive of others????
    I've seen enough; catch you after the draft.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Move.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    So simple, eh?

    Maybe I should move to where you are, Nowheresville Upstate NY. Then I can be a bitter anrgy class envy guy too, hating everyone who makes more than me, and hoping they get ****ed.

    No worries, I'll certainly rememeber this great answer to all economic problems PK. "Move". Brilliant in it's simplicity. If only all the poor lazy stupid ****s sucking at the taxpayer teat followed your wisdom, eh, we'd all be in better shape.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So simple, eh?

    Maybe I should move to where you are, Nowheresville Upstate NY. Then I can be a bitter anrgy class envy guy too, hating everyone who makes more than me, and hoping they get ****ed.

    No worries, I'll certainly rememeber this great answer to all economic problems PK. "Move". Brilliant in it's simplicity. If only all the poor lazy stupid ****s sucking at the taxpayer teat followed your wisdom, eh, we'd all be in better shape.
    I honestly don't think he understands why moving would be counterproductive.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Seriously. Look, I don't agree with removing the tax cut at this income level. I think it should start at $500,000. But if you can't live comfortably on $250,000 a year, you've got a problem.
    Unfortunately, I do not get to keep most of that money.

    Also, my money is not the point, the tax structure is. Why should those who make more pay a higher %?

    As far as investing, we all have the same advantages with certain tax free investments or deferred taxes, not just the wealthy.

    I said Im not struggling, just struggling to figure out why I need to help those who are not willing to help themselves?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    $250K per year is not a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I will not turn it down but I do not consider that rich.

    I am for taxing "rich people" more (IMO $500k - $1MM per year and up). I am not for demonizing them. Success and wealth (obtained morally and ethically) is a good thing, and it should be admired. Not every rich person is an Enron executive.

    Equal opportunity, NOT equal outcome.
    This where America is confused. Those people ARE being taxed out of the butts!!

    The problem is jealousy. The people who dont make money want the people who do to carry the load and that is wrong.

  18. #58

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not get to keep most of that money.

    Also, my money is not the point, the tax structure is. Why should those who make more pay a higher %?

    As far as investing, we all have the same advantages with certain tax free investments or deferred taxes, not just the wealthy.

    I said Im not struggling, just struggling to figure out why I need to help those who are not willing to help themselves?
    It's been that way for years. Higher income, higher tax rate. Rates now are at their lowest ever. The top tax rate in the 50's was 90%.

    As I said earlier, I don't agree with removing the Bush tax cut from those making 250K. I would set the bottom at 500K. Also, where and how you live determine how much you keep. 250K gets you a lot farther in Manhattan, Kansas, than in Manhattan, NY. But most people would prefer to live in the latter. You have to ask yourself what you feel is worth to you. I could live like a fat cat in the Florida panhandle but I detest the rest of his state north of Miami-Dade county, so I made a decision to stay here.

    If I were running for office, I would set the top tax rate at 30% and do across the board cuts in military spending, foreign aid and inefficient social programs.

  19. #59

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    $250K per year is not a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I will not turn it down but I do not consider that rich.

    I am for taxing "rich people" more (IMO $500k - $1MM per year and up). I am not for demonizing them. Success and wealth (obtained morally and ethically) is a good thing, and it should be admired. Not every rich person is an Enron executive.
    Agree 100%. Not even a true tax raise, merely letting the Bush tax cuts expire and returning to the Clinton era rate of 39%. I have no problem with someone making as much money as they can. I'm not a hater. I DO have a problem with those who want to gut programs and public funding so they can get even MORE money. I'm not demonizing success or wealth, I'm demonizing GREED.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So simple, eh?

    Maybe I should move to where you are, Nowheresville Upstate NY.
    That would be awesome!

    I'll bring beer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us