Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Election Reflections

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Remind me of the post in question. I cannot seem to locate it, but I'd like to.
    I shoulda tagged the thread. I'm on my phone and JI is still blocked at work but I'll try later.

It was you betting an Obama victory at >5 points...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    It is stereotyping like this that makes some people think that republicans are dumb
    No, it's unintentionally ironic and hilarious statements like this one that makes people realize you're dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    i'd slip her a mickey anytime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    In general I think the GOP needs to move much closer to libertarian positions across the board. Become the party of smaller government and greater liberties and freedom. Lose some of the social values stuff and appeal to a larger audience. Why should social moderates and fiscal conservatives like me always have to compromise with the party. Let the social values folks compromise instead. They aren't going anywhere regardless.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    LOL. You have to give him credit though, he could have already been doing that his whole life.
    I do actually. A week or so ago I was arguing the same thing for the Kennedy's, to much disagreement.

Like President Obama said last night the Romney family, Mitt, his mom and dad deserve a lot of credit for serving and wanting to serve a nation that has giving them so much. I still find something very noble in public service.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
    YES YES YES some more to that!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Stop right here. Your party nominated a guy NOBODY liked. And I mean nobody.

That's it. No need to talk about hispanics or the auto industry. Polls showed nobody was excited about Wiilard for months or years - he was disliked. Ryan turned out to be a dud, but he was an unknown so you can't blame the Repubs for that. But Romney, even his own party didn't like him. He was unelectable. Period.

Very few, if any people in here (except Sackdance) liked him for reasons other than anti-obama sentiment.
    That's pretty much it.

And it's astounding that leveler heads didn't prevail in the GOP. They had 4 years to prepare for this and select a much better candidate. Really? Romney? It's almost like he got nominated just because he's already tried and it was his "turn".

And now the laments begin about how Obama only won because people are lazy and want free stuff.

"Stop right there", GOP.

That's the exact SAME attitude that got you in the boat you're in now. Don't blame the electorate. Blame yourselves for who you chose to nominate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    I still find something very noble in public service.
    Don't touch that curtain, kid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That's pretty much it.

And it's astounding that leveler heads didn't prevail in the GOP. They had 4 years to prepare for this and select a much better candidate. Really? Romney? It's almost like he got nominated just because he's already tried and it was his "turn".

And now the laments begin about how Obama only won because people are lazy and want free stuff.

"Stop right there", GOP.

That's the exact SAME attitude that got you in the boat you're in now. Don't blame the electorate. Blame yourselves for who you chose to nominate.
    Dude. From McCain to this @sshole?

lol.

...and people get on me for getting high.,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty much it.

"Stop right there", GOP.

Almost like? That is what happened, that's the Republican way. They always nominate the guy next in line. Democrats don't usually do that. See Kennedy, Clinton, Obama.

I will say this though, that will change in 2016 for Republicans. Rick Santorum isn't getting the nomination.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    YES YES YES some more to that!!!!!!!
    Somebody needs to wake up and realize that the great vast moderates out there are libertarians. They might not know they're libertarians. They might even hate the notion, but the fact remains; most people just want the government to get the hell out of their lives. The hard part is convincing them that you need to let everybody else do things you don't particularly like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Stop right here. Your party nominated a guy NOBODY liked. And I mean nobody.

That's it. No need to talk about hispanics or the auto industry. Polls showed nobody was excited about Wiilard for months or years - he was disliked. Ryan turned out to be a dud, but he was an unknown so you can't blame the Repubs for that. But Romney, even his own party didn't like him. He was unelectable. Period.

Very few, if any people in here (except Sackdance) liked him for reasons other than anti-obama sentiment.
    I liked him. Thought he was a moderate Republican.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked him. Thought he was a moderate Republican.
    Romney disagreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI8PlTtM7DU

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    It is stereotyping like this that makes some people think that republicans are dumb
    Stereotyping is what you do in politics. Like Latinos vote on immigration, and single women vote on abortion. Spare me your conspiracy theories.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty much it.

"Stop right there", GOP.

You seem to have this down pat.

So, it should be EASYSAUCE for you to give us the specific name of the man who would have won so easily.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Somebody needs to wake up and realize that the great vast moderates out there are libertarians. They might not know they're libertarians. They might even hate the notion, but the fact remains; most people just want the government to get the hell out of their lives. The hard part is convincing them that you need to let everybody else do things you don't particularly like.
    You nailed it. They don't know that they are libertarians. You tell someone that you are libertarian and they think it means you are a nut job.

People that read my stuff here know that libertarian John Stossel is the pundit whose opinion I agree with most often. The sad fact is that people associate libertarians with Ron Paul's out of touch views on military and foreign policy or as a party focused on legalizing drugs. Its a stigma.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty much it.

"Stop right there", GOP.

Did you see the nominees. SantorChram almost got the nod. Romney was the best of that bunch. Personally I liked the guy but the base didn't so he was forced to take some positions in the primaries that appealed to them. I think he is a hard worker with sound judgement that would have governed well. That said rising stars like Rubio, Christie and Ted Cruz are the future of the party. Hopefully we can add some women to that list as well as blacks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You seem to have this down pat.

So, it should be EASYSAUCE for you to give us the specific name of the man who would have won so easily.
    Chris Christie.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

It was a base turnout campaign and they effectively scared their base in to getting to the polls. Women via the war on women narrative, Blacks turned out in large numbers because Romney promised to cut spending on entitlements which they rely on, and Latinos due to the immigration stance.
    That seriously is one of the most ignorant, racist statements I've ever seen on here. Blacks rely on entitlements? So no such things as hard working black man, huh? I guess my friend who works 6 days a week, getting up at 4 AM is one in a million, huh? You do realize that a large portion of the people on welfare are WHITE Americans?

THIS is why most non-whites will not vote Republican, because of this type of attitude on display. Willful ignorance. Yeah, I said it.