Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Post Election Reflections

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You seem to have this down pat.

    So, it should be EASYSAUCE for you to give us the specific name of the man who would have won so easily.
    I can name three. Ron Paul. Gary Johnson. John Huntsman.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I can name three. Ron Paul. Gary Johnson. John Huntsman.
    Huntsman is the only guy who had a chance out of those 3.

    This time yesterday I would of told you Huntsman and Christie probably would of beat Obama, but now I'm not sure anyone could of beaten the Obama ground game.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Huntsman is the only guy who had a chance out of those 3.

    This time yesterday I would of told you Huntsman and Christie probably would of beat Obama, but now I'm not sure anyone could of beaten the Obama ground game.
    Oh you smarmy bastard. The new TX of the politico forumba, ay?
    Last edited by HessStation; 11-07-2012 at 05:29 PM.

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    That seriously is one of the most ignorant, racist statements I've ever seen on here. Blacks rely on entitlements? So no such things as hard working black man, huh? I guess my friend who works 6 days a week, getting up at 4 AM is one in a million, huh? You do realize that a large portion of the people on welfare are WHITE Americans?

    THIS is why most non-whites will not vote Republican, because of this type of attitude on display. Willful ignorance. Yeah, I said it.
    Is there no such thing as a single woman that is pro life? Is there no such thing as a Latino that votes on something other then immigration rights? Of course there are. In political punditry we discuss voting blocks and constituencies. Blacks do disproportionately rely on welfare and entitlements. I am happy to show you the statistics which unquestionably prove it. Plenty of whites on wellfare too, in numbers there are probably more whites then blacks on wellfare but proportionately it is a much smaller percentage of the white population.

    I was discussing the election results and why the GOP's inability to appeal to particular constituencies due to some positions that the GOP took which were unpopular with those constituancies is problematic long term. How can a society try to solve the problem of black poverty when merely pointing it out brings out the chorus of racist cries?

    Furthermore liberals that try to limit school choice for inner city children stuck in awful schools are the real enemy of the inner city poor. Sacrificing those kids to protect their precious union benefits. Spare me the faux outrage.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Is there no such thing as a single woman that is pro life? Is there no such thing as a Latino that votes on something other then immigration rights? Of course there are. In political punditry we discuss voting blocks and constituencies. Blacks do disproportionately rely on welfare and entitlements. I am happy to show you the statistics which unquestionably prove it. Plenty of whites on wellfare too, in numbers there are probably more whites then blacks on wellfare but proportionately it is a much smaller percentage of the white population.

    I was discussing the election results and why the GOP's inability to appeal to particular constituencies due to some positions that the GOP took which were unpopular with those constituancies is problematic long term. How can a society try to solve the problem of black poverty when merely pointing it out brings out the chorus of racist cries?

    Furthermore liberals that try to limit school choice for inner city children stuck in awful schools are the real enemy of the inner city poor. Sacrificing those kids to protect their precious union benefits. Spare me the faux outrage.
    You really need some help buddy. The Oil industry gets more WELFARE than African Americans. Those stats must be produced by Raz

  6. #46
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Is there no such thing as a single woman that is pro life? Is there no such thing as a Latino that votes on something other then immigration rights? Of course there are. In political punditry we discuss voting blocks and constituencies. Blacks do disproportionately rely on welfare and entitlements. I am happy to show you the statistics which unquestionably prove it. Plenty of whites on wellfare too, in numbers there are probably more whites then blacks on wellfare but proportionately it is a much smaller percentage of the white population.

    I was discussing the election results and why the GOP's inability to appeal to particular constituencies due to some positions that the GOP took which were unpopular with those constituancies is problematic long term. How can a society try to solve the problem of black poverty when merely pointing it out brings out the chorus of racist cries?

    Furthermore liberals that try to limit school choice for inner city children stuck in awful schools are the real enemy of the inner city poor. Sacrificing those kids to protect their precious union benefits. Spare me the faux outrage.
    Ok, show me the statistics. And the best way to combat black poverty would be more and better paying jobs in the urban areas, and elimination of the War on Drugs, which has proportionately affected the Black community much worse than anyone else.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Ok, show me the statistics. And the best way to combat black poverty would be more and better paying jobs in the urban areas, and elimination of the War on Drugs, which has proportionately affected the Black community much worse than anyone else.
    Actually the best way to combat poverty is through choice in education. That and adjusting safety net programs to encourage people to get off of them in time. They should be designed as temporary. As it stands today people that get a job and try to get out of the cycle of poverty are get kicked off the programs. The marginal return for working is not enough to make it worth while. Choice in education is a great equalizer. These magical better paying jobs you speak of will not go to unskilled workers. You had your chance to vote for an energy economy and you chose not to. We could have had millions of high paying energy jobs. That wont happen not. Now we can all live with that decision. I agree with the war on drugs issue.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    You really need some help buddy. The Oil industry gets more WELFARE than African Americans. Those stats must be produced by Raz
    Why do you always choose to make statements that are unresearched and untrue.

    http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comp...p?ind=14&cat=1

    Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity, states (2010-2011), U.S. (2011)


    United States Percent 0% - 100%


    White 13%

    Black 35%

    Hispanic 33%

    Other 23%


    Here is the breakdown of all people on wellfare:
    http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TS6CBT754MKNC4E90With regard to AFDC the figures are:

    White 38.8%
    Black 39.8
    Hispanic 15.7
    Asian 2.4
    other 3.3

    To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.

  9. #49
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    The republican party needs to separate religion from politics, until that happens it will never win. Also as Warfish astutely pointed out in a thread somewhere today it needs to rework its demographics somehow. In '08 BO took 99% of the black vote, 86% of the nonwhite/Hispanic vote, and 57% of the female vote, if the right does not somehow tap into those numbers it is doomed. Does that mean it also needs to become the party of entitlements? I don't think so, the next four years have to include some give and take, and the repubs need to take advantage of that.

    All this being said, a "rich, white guy" cannot continue to be the face of the party, those days are over. The good news non whites will eventually become the cross bearers, and then things should even out...hope to be alive and viable when it happens.
    Last edited by jetswin; 11-07-2012 at 09:00 PM.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Why do you always choose to make statements that are unresearched and untrue.

    http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comp...p?ind=14&cat=1

    Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity, states (2010-2011), U.S. (2011)


    United States Percent 0% - 100%


    White 13%

    Black 35%

    Hispanic 33%

    Other 23%


    Here is the breakdown of all people on wellfare:
    http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TS6CBT754MKNC4E90With regard to AFDC the figures are:

    White 38.8%
    Black 39.8
    Hispanic 15.7
    Asian 2.4
    other 3.3

    To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
    I am not in denial at all. Furthermore it is posters like you that were in denial about Nate Silver. So you are wrong again. The basis of your argument is that AA's are lazy and such.

    That is far from the truth of the matter:

    Second, before we can talk about the disproportionate number of blacks on welfare, lets talk about the disproportional number of blacks living in poverty. According to a separate data, more that 46 million Americans live below the poverty line. Now, lets not get this confused, not every American who lives below the poverty line receives food stamps, nor does every person who receives food stamps lives below the poverty line. There are those among the working poor who are presently unable to ‘make the ends meet’ consistently.

    However, among the 46 million people who are living in poverty, 11 million or 27.4% are black. Of the 11 million blacks that live below the poverty line, 51% live twice below the poverty line or earn less than $10,000 in annual income. Therefore, poor blacks are disproportionately the poorest of the poor.
    http://www.blackeconomicdevelopment....roper-context/

    The other part of this argument is that AA men have disproportional incarceration rates. If the man is removed from the family and the woman is not paid at the same rate as a man for the same work I think that even you would see that something dire could happen here.

    Your arguments lack depth and are way out of context. If I were you I would educate myself on the issues. Maybe you would not have voted for the last two losers for POTUS.

    President Obama is an African American Man. Do you realize how hard he worked to kick Romney's ass?

  11. #51
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The other part of this argument is that AA men have disproportional incarceration rates.
    Probably because the commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

    President Obama is an African American Man.
    No, he isn't.

    He is a bi-racial man.

    So Dawgg, when will see your next thread on Reparations? I always love those.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Probably because the commit a disproportionate amount of crime.



    No, he isn't.

    He is a bi-racial man.

    So Dawgg, when will see your next thread on Reparations? I always love those.
    AA's get more stop and frisk, which is just another Affirmative Action program for white male privilege. It keeps the jails full for the PIC. Furthermore, the starting point for AA males is way below the poverty line and education is also at the low end of the spectrum.

    You can say what you like about Obama, but his father is African. Your bitterness is glaring. We won. get over it

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I am not in denial at all. Furthermore it is posters like you that were in denial about Nate Silver. So you are wrong again. The basis of your argument is that AA's are lazy and such.

    That is far from the truth of the matter:



    http://www.blackeconomicdevelopment....roper-context/

    The other part of this argument is that AA men have disproportional incarceration rates. If the man is removed from the family and the woman is not paid at the same rate as a man for the same work I think that even you would see that something dire could happen here.

    Your arguments lack depth and are way out of context. If I were you I would educate myself on the issues. Maybe you would not have voted for the last two losers for POTUS.

    President Obama is an African American Man. Do you realize how hard he worked to kick Romney's ass?
    I think you are having an argument with yourself here. I never said that AA men are lazy. I personally believe that poverty in the AA community is based on the terrible education system in the inner cities where the majority of impoverished AA's are located. The terrible education system is due to the liberal policies in place in virtually all inner cities that favor teachers unions over what is best for the children and communities. Secondly am personally for the decriminilization of drug use and legalization of pot. Again you are having an argument with a straw man rather then listening or comprehending the anything I've said here. You made an argument that my mention of the AA community disproportionately relying on entitlements was racist. I say it is simply fact. The statistics I provided proves this fact to be unquestionably true. Then you came on here talking about lazy this or that. That is an argument you are having within your own head. Finally to address the rest of your weak argument, a storm came and delivered the presidency to your guy. My reflection on the issue is based on the fact that with the current economic environment and the countless scandals that have plagued this presidency that it never should have been an election so tight that a storm could be enough to swing it to someone that has thusfar been completely ineffective as a leader.

  14. #54
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    AA's get more stop and frisk
    Probably because they commit more crime.

    which is just another Affirmative Action program for white male privilege.
    Rigth, black crime is whiteys fault.

    Keep abdicating responsabillity, that seems to have worked for yoru commuity thus far.

    Furthermore, the starting point for AA males is way below the poverty line and education is also at the low end of the spectrum.
    Sounds just liek my own starting point. Oddly, I'm not in jail yet. Must be my rich white privlidge, right?

    You can say what you like about Obama, but his father is African.
    And his Mother was white.

    making him bi-racial.

    Like I said.

    Facts Dawgg, facts. Try them sometimes.

    We won. get over it
    Nothing to get over, I'm good either way.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every time you guys write "AA"... I'm like, "what have the friggin' drunks done now!?!?"

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,929
    Post Thanks / Like

  17. #57
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    AA's get more stop and frisk, which is just another Affirmative Action program for white male privilege. It keeps the jails full for the PIC. Furthermore, the starting point for AA males is way below the poverty line and education is also at the low end of the spectrum.

    You can say what you like about Obama, but his father is African. Your bitterness is glaring. We won. get over it
    Who exactly is "we"? The DNC? African Americans? The USA? The New York Jet fan base?

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Probably because they commit more crime.
    So the law abiding black individual should be stopped and frisked more than his white counterpart. Good to know.

  19. #59
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Who exactly is "we"? The DNC? African Americans? The USA? The New York Jet fan base?
    Not sure. But its def. not Mets fans.

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    So the law abiding black individual should be stopped and frisked more than his white counterpart. Good to know.
    Stop and frisk is not a program that targets blacks specifically. As far as I understood it the program targets high crime areas. Whites and blacks and whoever else is in those areas get stopped.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us