Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Jason Bay no longer a Met

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sure, still doesn't explain all of the drop off though.

    Bay was one of the worst starting OF's in all of baseball during his time in NY. Even if he was doing, and then stopped PED's, the drop off shouldn't have been that extreme.
    Bay was a rotten signing from start to finish. Fenway Park is the reason why he had great #'s in Boston. Yeah yeah, his numbers on the road as a Met sucked but hitting is all about momentum and if Bay was stinking it up in the Grand Canyon Citifield chances are the slump would carry over to other ballparks.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,906
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Bay was a rotten signing from start to finish. Fenway Park is the reason why he had great #'s in Boston. Yeah yeah, his numbers on the road as a Met sucked but hitting is all about momentum and if Bay was stinking it up in the Grand Canyon Citifield chances are the slump would carry over to other ballparks.
    Are you disregarding his 6 years of all star caliber play before Boston?

    Geez you guys are unreasonable sometimes.

    Stop making me defend this bum with this ridiculousness.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sure, still doesn't explain all of the drop off though.

    Bay was one of the worst starting OF's in all of baseball during his time in NY. Even if he was doing, and then stopped PED's, the drop off shouldn't have been that extreme.
    We don't know that. NY pressure? Injuries? Citi/Shea limtations? First sentence can't be disputed though.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    We don't know that. NY pressure? Injuries? Citi/Shea limtations? First sentence can't be disputed though.
    Bay was a power-hitter playing in Citifield - the worst stadium in entire MLB for home run hitters. The slump he went into at home carried over into away games. Minaya committed career suicide when he made the move which was an overreaction to the playoff dry spell and not getting Matt Holliday. Put Nick Swisher or Curtis Granderson in Citifield for an entire season and they probably fall of the face of the earth too.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Bay was a power-hitter playing in Citifield - the worst stadium in entire MLB for home run hitters. The slump he went into at home carried over into away games. Minaya committed career suicide when he made the move which was an overreaction to the playoff dry spell and not getting Matt Holliday. Put Nick Swisher or Curtis Granderson in Citifield for an entire season and they probably fall of the face of the earth too.
    or in Detroit or any other stadium where popups to the second baseman don't turn into "It is high it is far it iiiiiiiiiis gone!!!!!" homers..

    The grandynan proved it in Detroit batting 118 against lefties and striking out about 200 times --sort of Jason Bay like numbers


    At least Bay can play an outfield position

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Bay was a power-hitter playing in Citifield - the worst stadium in entire MLB for home run hitters. The slump he went into at home carried over into away games. Minaya committed career suicide when he made the move which was an overreaction to the playoff dry spell and not getting Matt Holliday. Put Nick Swisher or Curtis Granderson in Citifield for an entire season and they probably fall of the face of the earth too.
    Still, even with the walls pulled in to a reasonable distance, he still couldn't do a thing, and got benched.

    I hate saying it, but I've been forced to believe for sometime now that our team is snakebit, Bay is just another example.

    Not sure what others are thinking in saying that he wasn't that good of a player. Please look at the numbers, you can't chalk that career up to 2 years in Boston and their wall.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ja01-bat.shtml

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us