Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: The Question That Has To Be Asked

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I love this.

    1. Keeping patting yourself on the back boasting how "smart" conservatives are.

    2 Then keep losing the White House.

    3. Go back to 1.
    You keep voting for an incompetent moron that has broken every campaign promise he made to you, added trillions in debt, has gas double in price on his watch and kept unemployment around 8% for 4 straight years.

    You think it is going to get better under this moron's watch?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    I wonder if she even has a house now......

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You keep voting for an incompetent moron that has broken every campaign promise he made to you, added trillions in debt, has gas double in price on his watch and kept unemployment around 8% for 4 straight years.

    You think it is going to get better under this moron's watch?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    I wonder if she even has a house now......
    I was so happy she was happy though. She was so happy.

  3. #23
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else think the GOP needs to change with the times since their target demographic is getting smaller rather quickly? Don't they need to target the Latino/minority vote more than they currently have been doing?

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Anyone else think the GOP needs to change with the times since their target demographic is getting smaller rather quickly? Don't they need to target the Latino/minority vote more than they currently have been doing?
    No. Concentrate on gay marriage and abortion. It's a winning strategy.

    Here in 1953.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You keep voting for an incompetent moron that has broken every campaign promise he made to you, added trillions in debt, has gas double in price on his watch and kept unemployment around 8% for 4 straight years.

    You think it is going to get better under this moron's watch?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    I wonder if she even has a house now......

    the moron be in your mirror, bro

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I was so happy she was happy though. She was so happy.
    I lol'ed.


  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You keep voting for an incompetent moron that has broken every campaign promise he made to you, added trillions in debt, has gas double in price on his watch and kept unemployment around 8% for 4 straight years.

    You think it is going to get better under this moron's watch?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    I wonder if she even has a house now......
    You mad as hell lol

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You keep voting for an incompetent moron that has broken every campaign promise he made to you, added trillions in debt, has gas double in price on his watch and kept unemployment around 8% for 4 straight years.

    You think it is going to get better under this moron's watch?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    I wonder if she even has a house now......
    Gas was $4.11 a gallon in the summer of 2008, six months before Obama was sworn into office. I don't see gas at $8 a gallon anywhere, in fact it's around $3.40 nationally. So, that's one lie refuted.

    Unemployment was at it's highest 10% in Sept. 2009, 8 months after Obama is sworn in. 3 years later it is 7.9%, and expected to drop further. Second lie refuted.

    Damn right I expect things to get better. They already have.

  9. #29
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    I blame the stupidity of the liberal. You guys like 8% unemployment? Great.

    You guys like 4.00 a gallon gasoline? Great.

    You guys like a 16 trillion dollar debt with 4 billion dollars in new debt added every day? Great.

    I hope gas goes to 10.00 a gallon and unemployment hits 20%. Then you can have your socialist European Utopia.

    Doesn't matter to me, I'm set for life, but you the middle class and proletariat voters that voted for Obumbles, be happy with what you get...
    See, you're missing half of the equation. No, nobody likes unemployment or the high price of gas, but in order to vote Romney, you had to think that he would do something about it, and in a way that we could live with, long term. And if you don't think either guy can fix those problems quickly and definitively, then you move on to other issues until you decide.

    I feel for you though, a lot of us knew clearly where we were headed with Bush in 2004, and unfortunately the Dems didn't put up a viable alternative in an election that should have been tough to lose. Even more unfortunately, we were right about where we would be as a country under Bush by 2008. Hopefully for your and my sake, you're wrong about where Obama will lead us over the next 4 years.

  10. #30
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Anyone else think the GOP needs to change with the times since their target demographic is getting smaller rather quickly? Don't they need to target the Latino/minority vote more than they currently have been doing?
    Change how, specificly?

    Target how, specificly?

    I keep hearing this, but I've yet to hear a seriosu answer how they can accomplish this without simply giving in on policy and ideals they (claim to) hold.

    So please, how? Not in generalization bull**** like "reach out". Specifics, policy. How?

    Because frankly, I think the "change and reach out" is 100% pure bull****. Every black (R) gets caled an Uncle Tom race traitor by the usual parties from day 1 on. I think (R) could give in on every policy possible, and African Americans will still vote (D) 95%.

    95% ****ing percent. There is no other thing in America where you can find a 95% agreement within a single demograhic group. Thats not changing.

    No, the (R), and Conservativism, IMO, is dead. The Times have changed, as libs love to say the Country is now Browner, and Brown doesn't vote (R) apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    a lot of us knew clearly.....

    .....we were right......
    Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there Issi.

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Change how, specificly?

    Target how, specificly?

    I keep hearing this, but I've yet to hear a seriosu answer how they can accomplish this without simply giving in on policy and ideals they (claim to) hold.

    So please, how? Not in generalization bull**** like "reach out". Specifics, policy. How?

    Because frankly, I think the "change and reach out" is 100% pure bull****. Every black (R) gets caled an Uncle Tom race traitor by the usual parties from day 1 on. I think (R) could give in on every policy possible, and African Americans will still vote (D) 95%.

    95% ****ing percent. There is no other thing in America where you can find a 95% agreement within a single demograhic group. Thats not changing.

    No, the (R), and Conservativism, IMO, is dead. The Times have changed, as libs love to say the Country is now Browner, and Brown doesn't vote (R) apparently.



    Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there Issi.
    Seriously Warfish, you're way too smart for this. I get it that you're mad the election results, but come on. Change how? Here's a couple answers:

    Stop pandering to the religious right. It worked for a good 30 years of steady votes, but that well has run dry. Americans believe in God but they don't want it shoved in their face 24/7, nor do they want govt. policies based on religious beliefs.

    Stop pandering to the racist extreme. How can any sane American take the tea party message seriously when all you see is signs with racist words and images, and gun toting faux patriots claiming Obama is gonna take their guns? Again, most of America is sane and centrist, and they're OK with a social safety net and public spending on Sesame Street.

    Stop harping on gay rights and abortion. Again, this ship has sailed. America wants abortion to be legal, and they're now OK with gay marriage. Freakin' drop it, already. The country is not going back from this.

    Stop pushing trickle down economics. It has failed EVERY SINGLE TIME it's been implemented. Hell, George Bush Sr. himself called it "voodoo economics". Find another economic idea that makes sense.

    START focusing on core conservative values; hard work, personal responsibility, smaller (but more efficient) government, lower taxes across the board, and a strong defense without out of control spending. These are ideals that Americans of all stripes can get behind. Liberals DO NOT want a welfare state or a food stamp state, and you know this. Stop acting like people of color do not share these same ideals, because quite frankly it's insulting.

    True conservatism is not dead. A return to the roots of Eisenhower and Goldwater would work wonders.
    Last edited by JoeyStylez; 11-07-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  12. #32
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there Issi.
    Truly not happy about it. Only mention it now that it's 8 years in the rearview mirror - and, as I said above, you have to give the Dems post of the blame for not presenting a viable candidate. This is real life, not a have where you hope 'the other side's' strategy backfires and f's everything up. They're 'your side' the very next day, like it or not. You saw no gloating from me over those 4 years, none in November 2008 and none now.

    You have to realize that D's felt the same way in 04 - I know you must. The 'what do you have to do to save these people from themselves?' mentality, and it seemed just as desperate. And now, we're all worse for the wear, but still here. The sky did not fall. At least not all the way to earth.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Seriously Warfish, you're way too smart for this. I get it that you're mad the election results, but come on. Change how? Here's a couple answers:

    Stop pandering to the religious right. It worked for a good 30 years of steady votes, but that well has run dry. Americans believe in God but they don't want it shoved in their face 24/7, nor do they want govt. policies based on religious beliefs.

    Stop pandering to the racist extreme. How can any sane American take the tea party message seriously when all you see is signs with racist words and images, and gun toting faux patriots claiming Obama is gonna take their guns? Again, most of America is sane and centrist, and they're OK with a social safety net and public spending on Sesame Street.

    Stop harping on gay rights and abortion. Again, this ship has sailed. America wants abortion to be legal, and they're now OK with gay marriage. Freakin' drop it, already. The country is not going back from this.

    Stop pushing trickle down economics. It has failed EVERY SINGLE TIME it's been implemented. Hell, George Bush Sr. himself called it "voodoo economics". Find another economic idea that makes sense.

    START focusing on core conservative values; hard work, personal responsibility, smaller (but more efficient) government, lower taxes across the board, and a strong defense without out of control spending. These are ideals that Americans of all stripes can get behind. Liberals DO NOT want a welfare state or a food stamp state, and you know this. Stop acting like people of color do not share these same ideals, because quite frankly it's insulting.

    True conservatism is not dead. A return to the roots of Eisenhower and Goldwater would work wonders.
    Preach it !!!

  14. #34
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    More like a true Pats fan, ay?
    Hess!

    good to see you around

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Hess!

    good to see you around
    Thanks JW, same here man!!! I'm like a fish out of water here but this elections got a hold of me and hasn't let go yet. Probably cause I'm just getting old.

  16. #36
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Seriously Warfish, you're way too smart for this.
    I'm obviously not.

    Here's a couple answers:

    Stop pandering to the religious right.
    The Religious Right? Because 95%+ of African Americans and 70%+ of Hispanics don't share any values with the Religious right?

    Are you kidding me?

    Stop pandering to the racist extreme. How can any sane American take the tea party message seriously when all you see is signs with racist words and images, and gun toting faux patriots claiming Obama is gonna take their guns? Again, most of America is sane and centrist, and they're OK with a social safety net and public spending on Sesame Street.
    I reject the entgire premise. For example, I posted a funny "Smug Obama Smilie" today, and I was called a RACIST for having done so. A ****ing smilie.

    I'm pretty ****ing tired of it tbqh. Any word spoken by a non-liberal is equated to racism, and it's a lie and it's bull****. The Tea Party certainly had it's fringe, like Occupy had it's building burning, woman raping fringe. The core of the Tea Party is absolutely not racist, and frankly I'm tired of hearing this lazy lie being used as a cudgel to beat everyone right of center.
    Stop harping on gay rights and abortion. Again, this ship has sailed. America wants abortion to be legal, and they're now OK with gay marriage. Freakin' drop it, already. The country is not going back from this.

    Stop pushing trickle down economics. It has failed EVERY SINGLE TIME it's been implemented.
    And Social Welfareism/Collectivism has a better record?

    Tell me, how come after so many years of mostly Democrat Rule, Blacks still are so far behind in cities where an (R) has barely ever held a set, like Washington DC.

    START focusing on core conservative values; hard work, personal responsibility, smaller (but more efficient) government, lower taxes across the board, and a strong defense without out of control spending.
    I.e. The Tea Party.

    /facepalm

    These are ideals that Americans of all stripes can get behind. Liberals DO NOT want a welfare state or a food stamp state, and you know this.
    Bull****, pure unadulterated bull****. Liberalsism/Progressivism IS, at it's very core, a Social Welfare State/Redistributionist/Collectivist movement.

    To imply otherwise is as dishonest as calling teh Tea Party as a whole racist.

    Stop acting like people of color do not share these same ideals, because quite frankly it's insulting.
    If that were true, (D) would never win 98% of their vote. Because your limp list of supposed ways to change is completely full of typical liberal-propaganda bull****, and demonize-the-other-side lies.

    Your best argument is "give up on gays and abortion", which of course will never happen. Abortion is murder in their eyes.....tell me, if liberals think a lack of Universal State Paid Healthcare is a "Holocaust", how willing do you think liberals would be to simply "drop it" on something they felt was murder?

    It's almost like you expect (R) to simply become a softer, slightly-less-liberal (D). Which, given you are a liberal obviously, is exactly what I'd expect. An "opposition" party that offers no opposition, supports all the same things you do only slightly less of it, is the best thing a party can have. It means they'll almost never lose.

  17. #37
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Thanks JW, same here man!!! I'm like a fish out of water here but this elections got a hold of me and hasn't let go yet. Probably cause I'm just getting old.
    Don't feel lost, its great to see you around again, unfortunately I don't spend as much time as I used to here, blocked at work, still a great place jump in.

    The election was a nightmare, however I am oddly optimistic that BO will now try and actually accomplish something since his campaigning days are over. call me nutsy, call me crazy.























    (you're nutsy, your crazy)



  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm obviously not.



    The Religious Right? Because 95%+ of African Americans and 70%+ of Hispanics don't share any values with the Religious right?

    Are you kidding me?



    I reject the entgire premise. For example, I posted a funny "Smug Obama Smilie" today, and I was called a RACIST for having done so. A ****ing smilie.

    I'm pretty ****ing tired of it tbqh. Any word spoken by a non-liberal is equated to racism, and it's a lie and it's bull****. The Tea Party certainly had it's fringe, like Occupy had it's building burning, woman raping fringe. The core of the Tea Party is absolutely not racist, and frankly I'm tired of hearing this lazy lie being used as a cudgel to beat everyone right of center.
    Stop harping on gay rights and abortion. Again, this ship has sailed. America wants abortion to be legal, and they're now OK with gay marriage. Freakin' drop it, already. The country is not going back from this.



    And Social Welfareism/Collectivism has a better record?

    Tell me, how come after so many years of mostly Democrat Rule, Blacks still are so far behind in cities where an (R) has barely ever held a set, like Washington DC.



    I.e. The Tea Party.

    /facepalm



    Bull****, pure unadulterated bull****. Liberalsism/Progressivism IS, at it's very core, a Social Welfare State/Redistributionist/Collectivist movement.

    To imply otherwise is as dishonest as calling teh Tea Party as a whole racist.



    If that were true, (D) would never win 98% of their vote. Because your limp list of supposed ways to change is completely full of typical liberal-propaganda bull****, and demonize-the-other-side lies.

    Your best argument is "give up on gays and abortion", which of course will never happen. Abortion is murder in their eyes.....tell me, if liberals think a lack of Universal State Paid Healthcare is a "Holocaust", how willing do you think liberals would be to simply "drop it" on something they felt was murder?

    It's almost like you expect (R) to simply become a softer, slightly-less-liberal (D). Which, given you are a liberal obviously, is exactly what I'd expect. An "opposition" party that offers no opposition, supports all the same things you do only slightly less of it, is the best thing a party can have. It means they'll almost never lose.
    WOW. Warfish, if I were gay. Just saying. This post is pretty awesome.

  19. #39
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm obviously not.



    The Religious Right? Because 95%+ of African Americans and 70%+ of Hispanics don't share any values with the Religious right?

    Are you kidding me?



    I reject the entgire premise. For example, I posted a funny "Smug Obama Smilie" today, and I was called a RACIST for having done so. A ****ing smilie.

    I'm pretty ****ing tired of it tbqh. Any word spoken by a non-liberal is equated to racism, and it's a lie and it's bull****. The Tea Party certainly had it's fringe, like Occupy had it's building burning, woman raping fringe. The core of the Tea Party is absolutely not racist, and frankly I'm tired of hearing this lazy lie being used as a cudgel to beat everyone right of center.
    Stop harping on gay rights and abortion. Again, this ship has sailed. America wants abortion to be legal, and they're now OK with gay marriage. Freakin' drop it, already. The country is not going back from this.



    And Social Welfareism/Collectivism has a better record?

    Tell me, how come after so many years of mostly Democrat Rule, Blacks still are so far behind in cities where an (R) has barely ever held a set, like Washington DC.



    I.e. The Tea Party.

    /facepalm



    Bull****, pure unadulterated bull****. Liberalsism/Progressivism IS, at it's very core, a Social Welfare State/Redistributionist/Collectivist movement.

    To imply otherwise is as dishonest as calling teh Tea Party as a whole racist.



    If that were true, (D) would never win 98% of their vote. Because your limp list of supposed ways to change is completely full of typical liberal-propaganda bull****, and demonize-the-other-side lies.

    Your best argument is "give up on gays and abortion", which of course will never happen. Abortion is murder in their eyes.....tell me, if liberals think a lack of Universal State Paid Healthcare is a "Holocaust", how willing do you think liberals would be to simply "drop it" on something they felt was murder?

    It's almost like you expect (R) to simply become a softer, slightly-less-liberal (D). Which, given you are a liberal obviously, is exactly what I'd expect. An "opposition" party that offers no opposition, supports all the same things you do only slightly less of it, is the best thing a party can have. It means they'll almost never lose.
    Fish my friend, hang in there...

    I have to admit, the 98% number is troubling.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Don't feel lost, its great to see you around again, unfortunately I don't spend as much time as I used to here, blocked at work, still a great place jump in.

    The election was a nightmare, however I am oddly optimistic that BO will now try and actually accomplish something since his campaigning days are over. call me nutsy, call me crazy.


    (you're nutsy, your crazy)


    I just congratulated some of my liberal friends today and said I'm definitely hoping for the best. In an astonishing turn of events, I think my wife is more pissed than I am.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us