Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110

Thread: Why? Who do African Americans go 95%+ and Latinos go 70%+ for (D)?

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Why do black people like big butts?

    Why do Hispanics put exhaust tips on Honda Civics?

    Why do Scots eat sheep end trails?

    Why do white people name their kids Tucker and Chad?

    Why are Russians obsessed with bears and vodka?


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

    Harder to find?

    a unicorn

    or

    a black guy wearing a Larry Byrd jersey.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Harder to find?

    a unicorn

    or

    a black guy wearing a Larry Byrd jersey.
    **** dude. you just stumped google.

  3. #23
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sorry, no speakie.

    Forgot to mention. The GOP needs to stop letting the Democrats and liberal media define them as anti-woman b.c of one or two knuckleheads. Republicans are under a microscope and the littlest thing will be blown out of proportion. They need to police themselves and get rid of these loons.

    It is simple. Win back some women and appeal to Latinos who are the fastest growing population.
    Republicans are viewed as anti-women because of the policies they enact, plus a few nutjobs who sputter the word "rape" like it's all good.

    The GOP really REALLY need to leave social issues alone. Americans want abortion to be legal, they wan women to receive fair pay, and they don't think defining rape as "legitimate" is cool. Hard to accuse the media of defining you when your own actions do a good job of defining yourself.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Because of a few knuckleheads"

    Nice try.

    Here's a fact, the current congress, including Paul Ryan who co-sponsered, supported a bill that re-defiend rape.

    Another fact, the number of abortion bills that showed up in congress and legistlators across the country skyrocketed since the GOP wave in 2010.


  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Republicans don't like facts. The failed Romney run proved it again

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Republicans are viewed as anti-women because of the policies they enact, plus a few nutjobs who sputter the word "rape" like it's all good.

    The GOP really REALLY need to leave social issues alone. Americans want abortion to be legal, they wan women to receive fair pay, and they don't think defining rape as "legitimate" is cool. Hard to accuse the media of defining you when your own actions do a good job of defining yourself.
    You realize both those things are already the law.

    Something interesting:

    http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-focu...051807703.html
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    "Because of a few knuckleheads"

    Nice try.

    Here's a fact, the current congress, including Paul Ryan who co-sponsered, supported a bill that re-defiend rape.

    Another fact, the number of abortion bills that showed up in congress and legistlators across the country skyrocketed since the GOP wave in 2010.

    Abortion is also a religious issue for some people. Just because some people question it and want to protect unborn children do not mean they are aligned with the extremists.

    Good news is that one day you will be able to get an abortion while waiting on line at the DMV.

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Abortion is also a religious issue for some people. Just because some people question it and want to protect unborn children do not mean they are aligned with the extremists.

    Good news is that one day you will be able to get an abortion while waiting on line at the DMV.
    Religious issue? I'm sorry but tough ****. Someone else's religious beliefs have no bearing on mine or anyone else's life. Freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion. Best way to limit abortions is to reduce unwanted pregnancies, yet the religio crazies don't want safe sex taught to our kids either.

    Religious beliefs mean jack ****. This is a SECULAR DEMOCRACY, not a THEOCRACY.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    "Because of a few knuckleheads"

    Nice try.

    Here's a fact, the current congress, including Paul Ryan who co-sponsered, supported a bill that re-defiend rape.

    Another fact, the number of abortion bills that showed up in congress and legistlators across the country skyrocketed since the GOP wave in 2010.

    You're exposing yourself as someone who believes only what they read in Politico and doesn't bother to do his own research of the facts.

    That bill had nothing to do with rape, it was about abortion funding. And it used the 40 year old word-for-word Federal definition of rape. The bill had bipartisan support and sponsorship. At some point, it was pointed out by a women's group that the rape wording was backwards and somewhat offensive. In reaction, the wording was changed. As it was on the federal books. Spare us the bs that Republicans are trying to "redefine rape". That's a total distortion of the truth designed to go with a political narrative. The fact that you believe and repeat it makes you sound like a fool

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're exposing yourself as someone who believes only what they read in Politico and doesn't bother to do his own research of the facts.

    That bill had nothing to do with rape, it was about abortion funding. And it used the 40 year old word-for-word Federal definition of rape. The bill had bipartisan support and sponsorship. At some point, it was pointed out by a women's group that the rape wording was backwards and somewhat offensive. In reaction, the wording was changed. As it was on the federal books. Spare us the bs that Republicans are trying to "redefine rape". That's a total distortion of the truth designed to go with a political narrative. The fact that you believe and repeat it makes you sound like a fool
    I was thinking more MSNBC.

    "Facts" is becoming one of the more overused and misused words in our society. I try not to use it in political discussions b.c for every fact or study someone can cite there is a fact or study that counters it.

    Oh, I almost forgot "non-partisan", as in "nonpartisan agency" or "nonpartisan research". LOLZ

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Religious issue? I'm sorry but tough ****. Someone else's religious beliefs have no bearing on mine or anyone else's life. Freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion. Best way to limit abortions is to reduce unwanted pregnancies, yet the religio crazies don't want safe sex taught to our kids either.

    Religious beliefs mean jack ****. This is a SECULAR DEMOCRACY, not a THEOCRACY.
    And whether you fail to realize it or care, religious freedom is a basic tenant of our entire being.

    So while you may have a right to murder human beings at your will, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay a penny towards it.

    You're also wrong that beliefs have no bearing on your life. Otherwise, we would have NO laws.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're exposing yourself as someone who believes only what they read in Politico and doesn't bother to do his own research of the facts.

    That bill had nothing to do with rape, it was about abortion funding. And it used the 40 year old word-for-word Federal definition of rape. The bill had bipartisan support and sponsorship. At some point, it was pointed out by a women's group that the rape wording was backwards and somewhat offensive. In reaction, the wording was changed. As it was on the federal books. Spare us the bs that Republicans are trying to "redefine rape". That's a total distortion of the truth designed to go with a political narrative. The fact that you believe and repeat it makes you sound like a fool
    Old men should not talk about woman stuff. Especially since the last time they got laid was hopped up on Cialis and in an airport bathroom.

    Old balls.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's because you lame a$$ GOP whiny bltches have nothing to offer those people except veiled rhetoric and tax breaks for millionaires. I'm not even a democrat but you people are fcking annoying as all hell. and stop playing the victim card, it's beyond repugnant to hear lazy upper middle class white people act like they are some sort of victim

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    it's because you lame a$$ GOP whiny bltches have nothing to offer those people except veiled rhetoric and tax breaks for millionaires. I'm not even a democrat but you people are fcking annoying as all hell. and stop playing the victim card, it's beyond repugnant to hear lazy upper middle class white people act like they are some sort of victim
    Who are the "victims"? The answer is everyone. We literally cannot afford to keep going in this direction. We are running our gov't on credit. We either borrow or print money to pay for everything. Things needs to turn around and they needs to be a sense of urgency in DC.

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're exposing yourself as someone who believes only what they read in Politico and doesn't bother to do his own research of the facts.

    That bill had nothing to do with rape, it was about abortion funding. And it used the 40 year old word-for-word Federal definition of rape. The bill had bipartisan support and sponsorship. At some point, it was pointed out by a women's group that the rape wording was backwards and somewhat offensive. In reaction, the wording was changed. As it was on the federal books. Spare us the bs that Republicans are trying to "redefine rape". That's a total distortion of the truth designed to go with a political narrative. The fact that you believe and repeat it makes you sound like a fool
    Bingo.

    We might have answered Warfish's question -- Minorities and immigrants (TylerDrunkenCatholicAmendement) support Democrats because they A) believe all of the **** shoveled by the Democrats as gospel and/or B) refuse to do their own independent research.

  16. #36
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Old men should not talk about woman stuff. Especially since the last time they got laid was hopped up on Cialis and in an airport bathroom.

    Old balls.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    I hate to say it, but this entire election season you have been completely useless to this forum. I'm not telling you to stop posting -- by all means, please continue -- but just know that absolutely none of your contributions have been worthwhile or even relevant to the discussion.

  17. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm not even a democrat but you people are fcking annoying as all hell. and stop playing the victim card, it's beyond repugnant to hear lazy upper middle class white people act like they are some sort of victim
    Whatever you say.

  18. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Bingo.

    We might have answered Warfish's question -- Minorities and immigrants (TylerDrunkenCatholicAmendement) support Democrats because they A) believe all of the **** shoveled by the Democrats as gospel and/or B) refuse to do their own independent research.
    Don't tell me why I tend to vote Democratic. You don't speak for me. I do plenty of independent research, far more than you I bet. I voted Obama because I believe he is doing a very good job, and I Romney is not the kind of person I would vote for. Ron Paul? Absolutely. Romney? No ****ing way. I have no idea why you vote the way you do, nor will I attempt to answer why. Nor do I give a ****, for that matter. Therefore, let the left wingers answer this question.

  19. #39
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Whatever you say.
    Right, because there's no such thing as politically independent voters. *sarcasm*

    Plenty of moderate Republicans feel the way he does. The GOP should follow their lead instead of a small band of racist social darwinists.

  20. #40
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Right, because there's no such thing as politically independent voters. *sarcasm*

    Plenty of moderate Republicans feel the way he does. The GOP should follow their lead instead of a small band of racist social darwinists.
    I am sure you are not a Democrat either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us