Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110

Thread: Why? Who do African Americans go 95%+ and Latinos go 70%+ for (D)?

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I hate to say it, but this entire election season you have been completely useless to this forum. I'm not telling you to stop posting -- by all means, please continue -- but just know that absolutely none of your contributions have been worthwhile or even relevant to the discussion.
    That's because I bring nothing to the table.


    I've never claimed otherwise




    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who are the "victims"? The answer is everyone. We literally cannot afford to keep going in this direction. We are running our gov't on credit. We either borrow or print money to pay for everything. Things needs to turn around and they needs to be a sense of urgency in DC.
    if you feel that way then go do something about it. the only candidate who ran on that platform was ron paul and the republocrats would have never let him get close to the white house. romney and obama are two sides of the same coin. you're insane if you think either one actually has a plan to balance the budget

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Whatever you say.
    thanks for proving me right you fcking crybaby

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    if you feel that way then go do something about it. the only candidate who ran on that platform was ron paul and the republocrats would have never let him get close to the white house. romney and obama are two sides of the same coin. you're insane if you think either one actually has a plan to balance the budget
    I think we had a better chance of increasing revenue under Romney therefore a better chance at balancing the budget.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's a basic question.

    Why?

    What policy or action does (D) take that so overwhelmingly wins over both these ethnic groups. Specificly.
    Republicans are against affirmative action, immigration and want to make English the official language of the United States (something the founding fathers intentionally did not put into the Constitution). Not exactly rocket science.

    The fact that Right-Wing Radio and Media outlets are outraged when the Phoenix Suns put "Los Sols" on their jersey and then act surprised that hispanic people don't vote for Romney in droves is a little puzzling.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think we had a better chance of increasing revenue under Romney therefore a better chance at balancing the budget.
    The invasion of Iran coupled with even more tax cuts for the rich would have easily equaled deficit reduction in another world.

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The fact that Right-Wing Radio and Media outlets are outraged when the Phoenix Suns put "Los Sols" on their jersey and then act surprised that hispanic people don't vote for Romney in droves is a little puzzling.
    They don't exactly have the finger on the pulse do they?

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    They don't exactly have the finger on the pulse do they?
    I know. They spend 4 years pretending Obama is a muslim born in Kenya calling him illegitimate president and then all over the radio today (which is right-wing dominated even on sports stations btw) they whine about black people voting for Obama? Really?

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's more than a couple nut jobs. It was more like 6+ nutjobs, and most if not all of them lost their races the other day, including Tom Smith in PA, I'm happy to say.

    Off the top of my head, along with those quotes and others in the past, you've got the birth control/contraception, the equal pay stuff, pro-life/anti-choice(which is how a lot of women see it), the planned parenthood stuff (which isn't just abortion), and let's not forget the mandatory transvaginal ultrasound idea.

    Don't think that stuff doesn't turn off women voters, especially when the vast majority of people pushing those ideas at the government level are men, without a lot of womens say. Sure, many women won't find a lot of that offensive to them, but all together it does paint a picture, and they all see it.

    Calling it a "War on Women" is quite overly dramatic, but there are for sure a bunch of Republicans out there who don't give a second thought about women's issues, and it hurts the party overall.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm clearly not a Republican but here's my first small suggestion for redefining your party as NOT the party of ultra rich ultra right-wing ultra bigoted near.lunatics...

    Publicly denounce Donald Dump instead of having him make prime time speeches at your convention, moderate one of your primary season debates and allow him to be a prime spokesman for your party on cable TV news.

    You don't see my party offering prime time convention speeches to Rev Wright or their other way out wackadoos



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    if you feel that way then go do something about it. the only candidate who ran on that platform was ron paul and the republocrats would have never let him get close to the white house. romney and obama are two sides of the same coin. you're insane if you think either one actually has a plan to balance the budget
    I agree with this however I would have liked to see America give Romney a shot. It was better than the alternative IMO. With Obama there is zero chance in hell. Well, I'm holding out some hope now. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'm an eternal optimist, at least to start.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I agree with this however I would have liked to see America give Romney a shot. It was better than the alternative IMO. With Obama there is zero chance in hell. Well, I'm holding out some hope now. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'm an eternal optimist, at least to start.
    The last two republican presidential nominees were average IQ guys with rich or powerful fathers who got them where they are in life. McCain would have flunked out of the academy and Mitt, despite what he says, wouldn't be wealthy without his father's money.

    They're both dolts. McCain's campaign was a black comedy with "mavericks", travelling on a bus with Joe the Plumber, and the Palin nutjob. Romeny saying he enjoys firing people during a time when a lot of people are out of work... the $10,000 (or whatever it was) bet... the disastrous good will trip to Europe (he couldn't even go for a few days without stirring up trouble)... saying he doesn't care about almost half the country etc. etc. Even if he believes these things, don't be dumb enough to say them out loud.

    Just get someone normal, it doesn't seem that hard. Just get someone who seems like he or she might have been a B student in high school.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Yeah, it's more than a couple nut jobs. It was more like 6+ nutjobs, and most if not all of them lost their races the other day, including Tom Smith in PA, I'm happy to say.

    Off the top of my head, along with those quotes and others in the past, you've got the birth control/contraception, the equal pay stuff, pro-life/anti-choice(which is how a lot of women see it), the planned parenthood stuff (which isn't just abortion), and let's not forget the mandatory transvaginal ultrasound idea.

    Don't think that stuff doesn't turn off women voters, especially when the vast majority of people pushing those ideas at the government level are men, without a lot of womens say. Sure, many women won't find a lot of that offensive to them, but all together it does paint a picture, and they all see it.

    Calling it a "War on Women" is quite overly dramatic, but there are for sure a bunch of Republicans out there who don't give a second thought about women's issues, and it hurts the party overall.
    I see you keep bringing up the gender fair pay topic.

    What exactly do you think this means? It's really amazing theclevelbof total bs that went on particularly around the Lily Ledbetter Act. Do you even know what the bill was about? Hint: it had nothing to do with "equal pay", despite all reports otherwise.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mitt is dumb than I want to be dumb like him.

    And quite frankly I have a hard time anointing Obama a genius if he protects his college records like nuclear launch codes.

    And there is a huge difference between book smarts and people smarts.

    Reps arent that far away. They need to stop the abortion talk and stop getting drawn into those discussions and they need to listen to change their stance on immigration.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-08-2012 at 08:56 AM.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I see you keep bringing up the gender fair pay topic.

    What exactly do you think this means? It's really amazing theclevelbof total bs that went on particularly around the Lily Ledbetter Act. Do you even know what the bill was about? Hint: it had nothing to do with "equal pay", despite all reports otherwise.
    Not to mention that the median pay for Whitehouse staff under Obama is higher for men than it is for women.

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Mitt is dumb than I want to be dumb like him.

    And quite frankly I have a hard time anointing Obama a genius if he protects his college records like nuclear launch codes.

    And there is a huge difference between book smarts and people smarts.
    and only one of those gets you elected president.

    (Hint....W wasn't big on book lernin)

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    The last two republican presidential nominees were average IQ guys with rich or powerful fathers who got them where they are in life. McCain would have flunked out of the academy and Mitt, despite what he says, wouldn't be wealthy without his father's money.

    They're both dolts. McCain's campaign was a black comedy with "mavericks", travelling on a bus with Joe the Plumber, and the Palin nutjob. Romeny saying he enjoys firing people during a time when a lot of people are out of work... the $10,000 (or whatever it was) bet... the disastrous good will trip to Europe (he couldn't even go for a few days without stirring up trouble)... saying he doesn't care about almost half the country etc. etc. Even if he believes these things, don't be dumb enough to say them out loud.

    Just get someone normal, it doesn't seem that hard. Just get someone who seems like he or she might have been a B student in high school.
    Great, so instead we have a professional student turned community organizer running our economy.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Great, so instead we have a professional student turned community organizer running our economy.
    A president doesn't really run our economy.

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    and only one of those gets you elected president.

    (Hint....W wasn't big on book lernin)

    I think W was pretty smart. Harvard MBA, fighter pilot. Some smarts required there.
    Harry Truman was virtually uneducated BTW.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Mitt is dumb than I want to be dumb like him.

    And quite frankly I have a hard time anointing Obama a genius if he protects his college records like nuclear launch codes.

    And there is a huge difference between book smarts and people smarts.

    Reps arent that far away. They need to stop the abortion talk and stop getting drawn into those discussions and they need to listen to change their stance on immigration.
    Get a rich dad and hire accountants to find loopholes for you. Then put your dog on the roof rack and hit the highway at 70 mph.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us