Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why? Who do African Americans go 95%+ and Latinos go 70%+ for (D)?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    There are 5-10 guys in the Hampur, and I'm one of them, who would crush Mitt on an IQ test.
    I'll take the under.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not to mention that the median pay for Whitehouse staff under Obama is higher for men than it is for women.
    Also not to mention Mitt was in favor of the law in question. So he was being accused of being against equal pay in regards to a law that he agreed with Dems on that in fact does nothing to address equal pay.

Amazing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Also not to mention Mitt was in favor of the law in question. So he was being accused of being against equal pay in regards to a law that he agreed with Dems on that in fact does nothing to address equal pay.

Amazing.
    The Romney campaign did a terrible job of communicating these things. The Obama campaign knew it too, because they were able to throw out wild accusations and have them stick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I'll take the under.
    Lol, seriously. Who's smarter than an Ivy League grad and a captain of industry -- the bumbling retired cop? The French guy? The kid who wears a fake mustache and poncho to Jets games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The Romney campaign did a terrible job of communicating these things. The Obama campaign knew it too, because they were able to throw out wild accusations and have them stick.
    GWB went to Yale like Poppy and Granpoppy

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're exposing yourself as someone who believes only what they read in Politico and doesn't bother to do his own research of the facts.

That bill had nothing to do with rape, it was about abortion funding. And it used the 40 year old word-for-word Federal definition of rape. The bill had bipartisan support and sponsorship. At some point, it was pointed out by a women's group that the rape wording was backwards and somewhat offensive. In reaction, the wording was changed. As it was on the federal books. Spare us the bs that Republicans are trying to "redefine rape". That's a total distortion of the truth designed to go with a political narrative. The fact that you believe and repeat it makes you sound like a fool
    As soon as I read this, I knew Durden would disappear from the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's a basic question.

Why?

What policy or action does (D) take that so overwhelmingly wins over both these ethnic groups. Specificly.
    Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[9] but merely popularized it.[10] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:
    From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[2]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Republicans in the Nixon era specifically marketed themselves to racists, courting votes from "Negrophobe whites" as the way to win the White House.

The party has long since moved on from that position, but its effects are harder to move on from. A generation of minority voters grew up knowing- because the Republican party came out and said so - that Republicans were not concerned with their interests.

There's no policy or platform, however well thought through, that can quickly overcome that. It will take generations of conspicuous non-racism to move that needle - which is why the left charges republicans with racism almost reflexively; first, because it was true (which makes it hard to trust claims that it no longer is), and second, because even if the Republican party has moved on from that shameful strategy, it's better for the Democrats if minority voters continue to associate Republicans with racism.

Lol, seriously. Who's smarter than an Ivy League grad and a captain of industry -- the bumbling retired cop? The French guy? The kid who wears a fake mustache and poncho to Jets games?
    LOlz.

"bumbling"

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Nixon's Southern Strategy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Republicans in the Nixon era specifically marketed themselves to racists, courting votes from "Negrophobe whites" as the way to win the White House.

The party has long since moved on from that position, but its effects are harder to move on from. A generation of minority voters grew up knowing- because the Republican party came out and said so - that Republicans were not concerned with their interests.

There's no policy or platform, however well thought through, that can quickly overcome that. It will take generations of conspicuous non-racism to move that needle - which is why the left charges republicans with racism almost reflexively; first, because it was true (which makes it hard to trust claims that it no longer is), and second, because even if the Republican party has moved on from that shameful strategy, it's better for the Democrats if minority voters continue to associate Republicans with racism.
    Republicans have supported the building of huge prisons across the country and have put in place legislation locally and Nationally that imposses strict mandatory sentencing that has put those without resources at the mercy of prosecutors across the country.

Our justice system no longer works for those without cash and when people see that the system doesn't provide basic justice and they see it coming from Republicans they reflexively see them as the enemy. Years of the cry Law and order has been felt very harshly in the minority communities across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Republicans have supported the building of huge prisons across the country and have put in place legislation locally and Nationally that imposses strict mandatory sentencing that has put those without resources at the mercy of prosecutors across the country.

Our justice system no longer works for those without cash and when people see that the system doesn't provide basic justice and they see it coming from Republicans they reflexively see them as the enemy. Years of the cry Law and order has been felt very harshly in the minority communities across the country.
    Wouldn't that be sorta nibbling at the fringe of criminals and/or families who have close relatives who are criminals. Aren't we then talking more class warfare than race? A la something like the West Memphis Three?

I feel like what you're talking about is a stretch...

Hall Of Fame

The reason why we have the most people in prison than any other country is b.c we have more means to prosecute criminals than any other country as well as probably having more criminals. Unfortunately the crime rate is high among minorities. That is not because of Republicans. There are a number of reasons for that ranging from economics to family life and those factors are not exclusive to crime among minorities. That is not to say that there hasn't been racial profiling and other forms of racism in our judicial system and that definitely needs to be addressed but that is not an Republican problem (or at least it shouldn't be) that is an American problem.

Human beings have free will and in this country you do not need to commit crime to survive and if there is one thing our gov't has shown it is that you can get assistance. There is no excuse for crime. Minorities, or anyone else for that matter, are not forced into a life of crime, they choose it.

I go agree that we need to revisit our penal codes. Especially those concerning non-violent crime and first time offenders.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-08-2012 at 12:39 PM.

The reason why we have the most people in prison than any other country is b.c we have more means to prosecute criminals than any other country as well as probably having more criminals. Unfortunately the crime rate is high among minorities. That is not because of Republicans. There are a number of reasons for that ranging from economics to family life and those factors are not exclusive to crime among minorities. That is not to say that there hasn't been racial profiling and other forms of racism in our judicial system and that definitely needs to be addressed but that is not an Republican problem (or at least it shouldn't be) that is an American problem.

Human beings have free will and in this country you do not need to commit crime to survive and if there is one thing our gov't has shown it is that you can get assistance.

I go agree that we need to revisit our penal codes. Especially those concerning non-violent crime and first time offenders.
    CNN just had a report that somewhere i think on long island, urban projects are without power while light and power companies seem to be taking care of the richer suburban areas first....how is this possible? Obama's our President! Just pointing out, stupid people make so many stupid assumptions and there's too many damn stupid people now.

Hall Of Fame
    Second example is what I'm talking about, and Romney is the head of the Romney campaign.

I'm not saying he can't pass a test at an Ivy League school, he's capable
    of reading something and repeating it. He can learn the tax system and figure out how to get around it. He's capable of making money with the money he inherited.

He just has no common sense. When he's not prepped for something, he'll say things that are inappropriate. He can't communicate and is a social dufus.
    He's a cross between Ted Baxter and Milburn Drysdale.

BTW, the cop and the French guy are killing Romney on an IQ test. FF2 as well. I will not exclude or include anyone else for fear of hurt feelings.
    See? That's the diplomacy Romney is missing.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 11-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    CNN just had a report that somewhere i think on long island, urban projects are without power while light and power companies seem to be taking care of the richer suburban areas first....how is this possible? Obama's our President! Just pointing out, stupid people make so many stupid assumptions and there's too many damn stupid people now.
    I can firmly deny that rumor. LIPA, Long Island's electric supplier, SUCKS FOR EVERYONE. Several communities along the North Shore of LI that are home to many of those "evil 1%'s" have been without power since the storm.

Actually I have found the opposite to be true. I am in an "upper class" neighborhood in Long Island and have been out of power since the storm, while communities like Roosevelt and Hempstead have gotten power back last week. Ask 32Green. He knows the deal.

Anecdotal evidence refutes that. My mom is still living in an affluent neighborhood in Nassau, and is still without power.

LIPA is ****ty across the board.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Get a rich dad and hire accountants to find loopholes for you. Then put your dog on the roof rack and hit the highway at 70 mph.
    That's how you tenderize it to be eaten.

B. Hussein loved it as a kid with peanut butter satay sauce.

for you, its the hair of the dog for sure

Human beings have free will and in this country you do not need to commit crime to survive and if there is one thing our gov't has shown it is that you can get assistance. There is no excuse for crime. Minorities, or anyone else for that matter, are not forced into a life of crime, they choose it.

Crime isn't what I was talking about it is the cruel lack of justice that our political system supported by law and order Republicans have created. The concept of fairness and jury trials of peers is none existent for most minorities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    That's how you tenderize it to be eaten.

B. Hussein loved it as a kid with peanut butter satay sauce.

for you, its the hair of the dog for sure
    Have they admitted you yet?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Crime isn't what I was talking about it is the cruel lack of justice that our political system supported by law and order Republicans have created. The concept of fairness and jury trials of peers is none existent for most minorities.
    Lack of justice? If you commit a crime you get punished. Justice is for victims, not criminals. That is how it works.

Jury trials are rare b.c a lot of criminals plead out. Do you want lawyers to work for free? We give them a public defender. And there is a such thing as jury selection that defense attorneys participate in.

Law and order is a good thing. The reason why there are high percentages of minorities that are incarcerated is not b.c of Republicans. But that is the excuse Dems have sold to minorities.