Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants and Dolphins owner donating $$ for Sandy Victims, Jets?

Giants and Dolphins owner donating $$ for Sandy Victims, Jets?

If Woody donated money privately to Sandy Victims Relief fund privately then great, but I rather it be known public. The Giants and Dolphins have made it public. Making it public can only be a positive thing..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by APL330 View Post
    If Woody donated money privately to Sandy Victims Relief fund privately then great, but I rather it be known public. The Giants and Dolphins have made it public. Making it public can only be a positive thing..
    I disagree. People who "announce" their donations are looking for credit. People who keep their charity private are looking to do the right thing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I disagree. People who "announce" their donations are looking for credit. People who keep their charity private are looking to do the right thing.
    This. I've always remember (vaguely, obviously) what it says somewhere in the bible about charity. Something about not letting your right hand know what your left is doing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    This x9001

Between Mitt Romney, Santonio Holmes, Calvin Pace, and Mark Sanchez, Woody Johnson has to have the worst ROI of anyone who doesn't have the last name Koch.

Woody donated a skid of Sanchez jerseys toward the recovery effort.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously? What are you, 12? Altruism is best appreciated when anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    EXACTLY. Otherwise, it wouldn't be Altruism at all.

Once again this organization has dropped the ball. It's embarrassing rooting for this organization.

@HubbuchNYP
    The Giants and Dolphins donated $500K to Sandy relief. The Jets donated $500K to Drew Stanton.
    @joesmith628
    My cousin, who was a Jets season ticket holder, lost everything including her home from Sandy. Seems everyone but Jets have helped/donated $
    @DrewfromJersey
    #Jets had a bye then returned to NJ for practice Monday. #Giants lost to Pitt then sent a bus of players to help on their off day. #Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Are you 13 with insults? seriously? I said they might have done privately and that's fine, but I feel many fans also feel why just not make it public and show the Jets care. This organization gets negative press every which way possible. I don't care about Altruism, to be honest. The Giants donate, and I think that's great, and leave it at that. Woody gets ripped for signing Tebow, and making a comment about the presidential election being more important than a winning season. In reality he's right, in the big picture America is more important than a winning season. He can get ripped for that, but they just can't say they donated in public to make those fans who have lost so much that they care.. All I see is a public message on their webpage.. impressive.

This organization has failed to do the right thing as a corporate citizen...totally inexusable. They better do something before Sunday’s game comes around.

This x9001

Except when your own fans have lost so much and pays PSL to go to games.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Actually, people who announce that they didnt donate anything p*ss me off.

If you are not going to donate, keep it private.

-

Veteran

Wink

It was put out publicly! I heard he helped out in a big way when the sales reps started calling hurricane victims to tell them about a special 5%discount they offering on some great club seat that won't last long.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Shocked that Woody didn't jump on the opportunity for publicity reasons.

They should also fire their whole PR department.

PR dept has taken a hit since Matt Higgins left..

I read they will make an announcement on Thurs or Friday they will make a donation.. Good for them, could have been done earlier, but whatever, it's done, bottom line..

Jets Insider VIP

PR dept has taken a hit since Matt Higgins left..

I read they will make an announcement on Thurs or Friday they will make a donation.. Good for them, could have been done earlier, but whatever, it's done, bottom line..
    Its hard to imagine Woody donating money and not making a publicity event from it.....

All League
    The Jets/Woody haven't exactly been shy in the forefront when it comes to media attention...I'd be surprised to learn the whole organization went into stealth mode about a generous donation.