Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine in 2009 we stay with Favre....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Favre played like crap at San Diego in 2008. Wouldn't have liked our chances in 2009. Oh, and Sanchez won that game.

Favre broke down at the end of the 2009 season, especially when it mattered most, killed the poor Vikings singlehandedly in the Championship Game.

We got what we needed out of Favre- he got rid of Pennington, he got rid of Mangini, that led to Sanchez and Ryan and our best two-year run since Vietnam.

SAR I
    I was wondering why the Jets got Favre, it was so we could get rid of Pennington, miss the playoff and get rid of Mangini. Brilliant!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Favre played like crap at San Diego in 2008. Wouldn't have liked our chances in 2009. Oh, and Sanchez won that game.

Favre broke down at the end of the 2009 season, especially when it mattered most, killed the poor Vikings singlehandedly in the Championship Game.

We got what we needed out of Favre- he got rid of Pennington, he got rid of Mangini, that led to Sanchez and Ryan and our best two-year run since Vietnam.

SAR I
    Favre was the Jets' Christ figure?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The two-year run since is looking like Nagasaki.
    Civil war anyone?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Possible, the Jets were beating Indy at home at the half and Sanchez gift wrapped the Saints game, Rex shut down Brees
    What up O?

Wasn't that Brees' last TD less game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gimme a break sweetheart

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    No doubt in my mind we would have won that Super Bowl if Favre was our QB. There was no reason to release him. Everyone knows how well he played that year. Coupled with that defense and the power run game we would have been unstoppable. We wouldn't have drafted Mark Sanchez but we sure as hell would have been polishing a nice shiny Lombardi.

Discuss.
    Jets believed Favre needed surgery after 2008 season, and Favre never committed to getting the surgery done....until we released him and then he signed with Minnesota which is where he really wanted to be. He had the Jets over a barrel since we knew he was damaged goods, he was not agreeing to surgery, and he told us he was retiring...the Jets couldn't wait for Favre to make up his mind at that point.

That's how I remember it anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Gimme a break sweetheart
    FijiJet = HAN SOLO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    What up O?

Wasn't that Brees' last TD less game?
    Hey, I guess that was about 51 games ago, and maybe the start of bounty gate

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    No doubt in my mind we would have won that Super Bowl if Favre was our QB. There was no reason to release him. Everyone knows how well he played that year. Coupled with that defense and the power run game we would have been unstoppable. We wouldn't have drafted Mark Sanchez but we sure as hell would have been polishing a nice shiny Lombardi.

Discuss.
    Forget all of that crap...If Jenkins doesn't have Shaun Ellis fall on his knee, we win the Super Bowl in '09

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two Words: Super Bowl

Jets should have kept Favre and fired Schitthead.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Two Words: Super Bowl

Jets should have kept Favre and fired Schitthead.
    Elite QBs aren't walking through that door, you should probably just give up. I mean, there's really no hope. Really. At all. End it all. Now.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing the number of people on JI who cant move on and like to live in the past.