Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Imagine in 2009 we stay with Favre....

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Favre played like crap at San Diego in 2008. Wouldn't have liked our chances in 2009. Oh, and Sanchez won that game.

    Favre broke down at the end of the 2009 season, especially when it mattered most, killed the poor Vikings singlehandedly in the Championship Game.

    We got what we needed out of Favre- he got rid of Pennington, he got rid of Mangini, that led to Sanchez and Ryan and our best two-year run since Vietnam.

    SAR I
    I was wondering why the Jets got Favre, it was so we could get rid of Pennington, miss the playoff and get rid of Mangini. Brilliant!

  2. #22
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Favre played like crap at San Diego in 2008. Wouldn't have liked our chances in 2009. Oh, and Sanchez won that game.

    Favre broke down at the end of the 2009 season, especially when it mattered most, killed the poor Vikings singlehandedly in the Championship Game.

    We got what we needed out of Favre- he got rid of Pennington, he got rid of Mangini, that led to Sanchez and Ryan and our best two-year run since Vietnam.

    SAR I
    Favre was the Jets' Christ figure?

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The two-year run since is looking like Nagasaki.
    Civil war anyone?

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Possible, the Jets were beating Indy at home at the half and Sanchez gift wrapped the Saints game, Rex shut down Brees
    What up O?

    Wasn't that Brees' last TD less game?

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gimme a break sweetheart

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    No doubt in my mind we would have won that Super Bowl if Favre was our QB. There was no reason to release him. Everyone knows how well he played that year. Coupled with that defense and the power run game we would have been unstoppable. We wouldn't have drafted Mark Sanchez but we sure as hell would have been polishing a nice shiny Lombardi.


    Discuss.
    Jets believed Favre needed surgery after 2008 season, and Favre never committed to getting the surgery done....until we released him and then he signed with Minnesota which is where he really wanted to be. He had the Jets over a barrel since we knew he was damaged goods, he was not agreeing to surgery, and he told us he was retiring...the Jets couldn't wait for Favre to make up his mind at that point.

    That's how I remember it anyway.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Gimme a break sweetheart
    FijiJet = HAN SOLO

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    What up O?

    Wasn't that Brees' last TD less game?
    Hey, I guess that was about 51 games ago, and maybe the start of bounty gate

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    No doubt in my mind we would have won that Super Bowl if Favre was our QB. There was no reason to release him. Everyone knows how well he played that year. Coupled with that defense and the power run game we would have been unstoppable. We wouldn't have drafted Mark Sanchez but we sure as hell would have been polishing a nice shiny Lombardi.


    Discuss.
    Forget all of that crap...If Jenkins doesn't have Shaun Ellis fall on his knee, we win the Super Bowl in '09

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two Words: Super Bowl

    Jets should have kept Favre and fired Schitthead.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Two Words: Super Bowl

    Jets should have kept Favre and fired Schitthead.
    Elite QBs aren't walking through that door, you should probably just give up. I mean, there's really no hope. Really. At all. End it all. Now.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing the number of people on JI who cant move on and like to live in the past.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us