Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Root for the Bengals this weekend!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    How do they do it?
    Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I admire the Giants. They have a sensational coach a clutch QB and a great philosophy on building a team. I would be a bit frustrated if I was a Giants fan as they would have New england like win loss numbers each year rather than 10-6, 9-7's
    Eli's not good enough to give them a consistently great regular season record. He has too many bad games. And if you can neutralize their pass rush, the rest of the D is there for the picking. Without a couple bad ref calls, Steelers would have routed them.

It really is remarkable how they always seem to raise their level of play in the playoffs, but you have to give them credit (begrudgingly)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Eli

From NFL Power rankings.... please stop with the QB. The most important position no doubt...but the GIANTS are everything we aren't and have been for 35 years.

3. New York Giants: The defending champs have the best defensive front four in football—and that makes them the team to beat in the East.

Look at the GIANTS picks, researched by me at random.....

ELI round 1 2004 ole miss
    Bradshaw 7 2007 Marshall
    Nicks 1 2009 UNC
    Rolle 1 2005 MIAMI
    Umenyora 2 2003 TROY
    Snee 2 2004 BC
    Phillips 1 2008 Miami
    Diehl 5 2003 Illinois
    Tuck 3 2005 ND
    Webster 2 2005 LSU
    Amukamara 1 2011 Nebraska

Other than Marshall and Troy...dont see small schools there. They have their top picks for the last 8 years or so STILL contributing. yet Rex has the mouth and we have the bean counter. YET... across the HALL. the NY FOOTBALL Giants get the job done. we dont.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 11-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.

despite the 3-5 record and small playoff chances, you gotta hope the AFC teams lose. but if the Jets fall to 3-6 after Sunday ...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    despite the 3-5 record and small playoff chances, you gotta hope the AFC teams lose. but if the Jets fall to 3-6 after Sunday ...
    Yep. Bengals are going nowhere fast though, win or lose.

I would rather have Eli with bad game ot two, then Sanchez who has 1 or 2 good games. The Giants rolled the dice with SD and won. We have been rolling the dice for decades and still suck!

All League
    LOL great idea, lets root for an afc team to win. Real die hard fans here, looking out for the jets best interests

I'm rooting for the Giants. While people may say we have no shot at the playoffs you still never know and it's just common sense to always root for a NFC team to defeat and AFC team. Never know when it could bite ya in the ass. I know a few Giants fans who rooted for the Packers to beat the Jets in 2010. Packers got the 6th spot in the playoffs which the Giants lost out on by a game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Eli's not good enough to give them a consistently great regular season record. He has too many bad games.
    Why can't he have one of those in the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why can't he have one of those in the Super Bowl?
    He's played a bad pass defense in both his Super Bowls. Blame the opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I know a few Giants fans who rooted for the Packers to beat the Jets in 2010. Packers got the 6th spot in the playoffs which the Giants lost out on by a game.
    The Giants had a better chance at making the playoffs then than the Jets have now.

I am extremely bitter towards the Giants' success. The more they win, the more I hate them. Not that it means anything, but I'm not a Yankees fan.