Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Fixing jets' QB mess must come in next draft " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow " Fixing jets' QB mess must come in next draft " ~ ~ ~

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixing the entire team and not just Sanchez is the goal in 2013 and 2014. I can not see any plausible situation where Sanchez is not on the team next year.

The o-line needs to be fixed before any final judgement is made on Sanchez. The revamped o-line will help the running game and the passing game. And if Sanchez fails, the next QB will be the beneficiary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's no one comin' out in the next draft that will " fix " our QB dept.

mark will be our qb again next season unless we make a trade for a qb or we sign a qb in free agency.

cheers ~ ~

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jet's future QB may already be on the team

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    The Jet's future QB may already be on the team
    uh…maybe McElroy can play ? ? ?

> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...J_topics_obama

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Fixing the entire team and not just Sanchez is the goal in 2013 and 2014. I can not see any plausible situation where Sanchez is not on the team next year.

The o-line needs to be fixed before any final judgement is made on Sanchez. The revamped o-line will help the running game and the passing game. And if Sanchez fails, the next QB will be the beneficiary.
    BS - we have how many first round picks on the Oline right now ? Sackchez is done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    BS - we have how many first round picks on the Oline right now ? Sackchez is done.
    i hope mark is NOT " done " ....
    he has not developed/progressed this season as i was hoping he would.
    i hope he is able to improve his play/production this year.
    there's still time THIS season for him to lead us to the playoffs.

cheers ~ ~

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rivers or Romo will be the starting QB next season and Sanchez will be the #2. Next year is a big year for the Woody and the Jets because we host the Superbowl. Look for Woody to go into next season with a bang like this season with the Tebow trade. Woody knows STH's will be dropping like flies if we go into next season with the same players/staff as we had this season. Not to mention every owner dreams of playing in a SB that they are hosting and with Sanchez behind center that is not happening. Rivers or Romo will be our new franchise QB for the 2013-2014 season!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eli Manning knows exactly what Mark Sanchez is going through

> http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ough-1.4175592

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Eli Manning knows exactly what Mark Sanchez is going through

> http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ough-1.4175592
    That was a good read, thanks for posting it. Manning had mentioned the same issues before this season started but it is good to hear that another Elite QB has confidence in our QB. Mark has 8 more games to prove that he is the man for the job, I hope he doesn't mess it up!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    That was a good read, thanks for posting it. Manning had mentioned the same issues before this season started but it is good to hear that another Elite QB has confidence in our QB. Mark has 8 more games to prove that he is the man for the job, I hope he doesn't mess it up!
    If he goes 7-1 he will be exonerated ... Otherwise his ass should set the boot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he goes 7-1 he will be exonerated ... Otherwise his ass should set the boot.
    LOL, if HE goes 7-1. Forget about the TEAM trying to go 7-1. Jeez....Jet fans have become unhinged.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    if - IF mark plays well & gets us to the playoffs...

cool ~ ~

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

First, the jets spent 2 #1s 7 years ago. and a late 2nd on a scrub 3 years ago.

I am not saying that every pick needs to be allocated to the oline, but a RT and a RG needs to be added to this team. If you think Howard can be a long term solution, fine. he is a RFA this offseason and you can lock him up for 3 years for what i think is reasonable money. But the right side needs to be addressed.

Right now Sanchez is playing against a stacked deck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are ZERO decent QBs in the upcoming draft. Geno Smith is eh.
    Romo and Rivers have been mentioned here. Bums and chokers.

The Jets have squandered draft after draft with stupidity and now have an aging OL. The defense is unimpressive. The schedule will be more difficult next year also.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Tony Romo. Phil Rivers has lost some arm strength. But I do like Romo despite his big game choker reputation. Who says Dallas will give him up, though?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just an fyi :

~ ~ All quiet on the trading front for Jets

The NFL trading deadline is 4 p.m. ET Thursday, but it's unlikely the Jets will make a deal, according to sources. Which means eight more games of Tim Tebow, which should keep the folks happy at ESPN's "First Take."Of course, with Mike Tannenbaum, you never know. History tells us he can put together a deal in the time it takes to brew a cup of coffee. If he's feeling pressure to shake it up, hey, anything is possible.

The Jets' depth should improve with several players returning from injuries, which makes you think he'll stand pat. Running back Bilal Powell (shoulder) and nose tackle Kenrick Ellis (knee) are expected to return. Linebacker Bart Scott (toe), saferty Eric Smith (knee) and tight end Jeff Cumberland (wrist) also could be ready to go when the Jets, currently on a bye week, resume Nov. 11 against the Seahawks.

Tannenbaum believes in this roster, and he apparently is prepared to let it ride for eight more games. Unless the phone rings and ...

> http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...front-for-jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets at the bye : Three things

The struggling New York Jets are 3-5 entering their bye week and have lost four of their past five games.

Here are three things the Jets should aim to accomplish during their time off :

1. Improve the offense

If the Jets are truly a “ground-and-pound” offense, why is quarterback Mark Sanchez throwing the football 54 times against Miami? New York lacks an identity and direction at the midpoint of the season. Some weeks, the Jets focus on the running game. Other weeks, they try to outscore their opponents through the air. Neither option has been consistent. New York is 25th in the NFL in passing and 16th in rushing. Jets head coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano have a lot of work ahead these next two weeks to figure out what they do best.

2. Figure out Tim Tebow dilemma

Ryan said he’s standing behind Sanchez. But the Jets still have not figured out what to do with popular backup quarterback Tim Tebow. The much-hyped acquisition has been mostly a bust in the first half of the season. Outside of a few successful trick plays on special teams, Tebow has been a non-factor. I like the idea of using Tebow as a pure running back. Tebow has natural running ability and strength that could boost New York’s running game. But the Wildcat is more of a distraction than an asset so far.

3. Get healthy

The Jets entered the Dolphins game banged up. Ironman linebacker Bart Scott (toe) didn’t play. Players like center Nick Mangold (ankle) and tailback Joe McKnight (ankle) are also ailing. The Jets need these two weeks to get better and return closer to full strength. New York will need it when it travels to play the Seattle Seahawks.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...e-three-things

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    I'd take Tony Romo. Phil Rivers has lost some arm strength. But I do like Romo despite his big game choker reputation. Who says Dallas will give him up, though?
    I said Romo was our likely QB next year before the season began. Honestly the way this team is afraid to draft sometimes I could see us doing that. Romo is 33 and is up for a new contract. Dallas can still get a 1st pus for him and I just don't see them spending 100mil plus to keep Romo. He has not won a PO game for them and now is declining. The Romo era has just been disappointing for Dallas fans. I can absolutely see Jones turning the page on that book. I hope we do find someone in the draft otherwise it will be Romo, Vick, or Cutler on this team next year. I'll pass on all of them.

Wouldn't mind Rivers but he isn't going anywhere. He has 3 years left in his deal and passed for 4600 yards last year. Yeah Rivers contract is heavy next year but you can draft a 2nd or 3rd rounder and groom him a year or 2 behind Rivers. Rivers playing bad is still an average vet that knows what he is doing out there. It is not his fault all his great targets are aging or gone. Floyd isn't as fast as he once was and Gates isn't half the player he was. Our WR core looks better then they do. I really expected more out of Royal, Brown, and Meachem. If you cut him you still need to find a viable vet BU and there just isn't anyone out there better worth the move.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q&A : A Fanbase Divided on Jets QBs

> http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...2-38517d80e966