Thread: Sapp to the 53 Man Roster

Sapp to the 53 Man Roster

@Sapp55: @Steiny31: Proud to announce the #Jets have activated Ricky Sapp (@Sapp55) to the active roster! Ricky will play this weekend....

Jets Insider VIP
    About time. Let's see what he's got.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @Sapp55: @Steiny31: Proud to announce the #Jets have activated Ricky Sapp (@Sapp55) to the active roster! Ricky will play this weekend....
    I am very happy to read that C Mart! Hopefully he is exactly what we need at OLB. Maybin and SAPP coulkd be very hazardous to a QBs health and well being! ( Ihope)

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I am very happy to read that C Mart! Hopefully he is exactly what we need at OLB. Maybin and SAPP coulkd be very hazardous to a QBs health and well being! ( Ihope)
    Agree. About freakin time. Lets see what Maybin and Sapp have the next 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Having some hope for Sapp is one thing. But Maybin? Has he even registered on a stat sheet through 8 games this year? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Having some hope for Sapp is one thing. But Maybin? Has he even registered on a stat sheet through 8 games this year? Get a grip.
    How about we let the season play out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    It will be interesting to see what he brings to the defense - if anything.

Just making it through the game healthy would be an accomplishment for Sapp, at this point.

If he actually makes some plays, that's a bonus.

All Pro
    We waited almost 2 yrs lets see if the grooming has paid off

Out with the old and in with the new.

Thrilled to see sapp on the 53, really interested to see what he can do when healthy. He was a legitimate first round pick talent before his injuries.

I also was extremely pro-maybin but at this point, he looked beyond lost at OLB in the pre-season (against 2s) and has really had a terrible year for us rushing the passer. For whatever reason, he is simplly unable to gain the functional strength needed to add anything other then a speed rush to his game.

I havent seen much of bruce irvin other then vs GB, and those sacke were more a full Dline effort then anything, but given how similarly they are built, its fustrating to see maybin not develop more, especially since dunbar came in to coach the line.

At this point, counting on maybin to step in at OLB to start 2013 is not a viable option.