Thread: Weed is Legal in my state

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Weed is Legal in my state

Yep, thats right!! in Washington, its now legal to smoke weed for recreational use.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the hipsters that work at Starbucks must be proud... :I_dont_kn

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two areas here where weed is decriminalised, one state and one territory.....there are a few issues with it, namely in those areas it was easier for criminal enterprises to have large scale growing operations (won't go into the reasons why). Overall however it didn't really impact wider society in any way shape or form.

Is it legal to sell weed as well in Washington, like in Colorado? Think in places like Amsterdam the tourists that turned up to buy weed affected the local population greatly, so they restricted weed sales. Also there is the gateway drug issue - apparently it is much easier to get harder drugs in a place like Amsterdam compared to other places. Then you have the social problems that arise from that - crime etc.

Will be interested to see what happens with what really amounts to a state-sized social experiment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just in time for the Jets game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    There are two areas here where weed is decriminalised, one state and one territory.....there are a few issues with it, namely in those areas it was easier for criminal enterprises to have large scale growing operations (won't go into the reasons why). Overall however it didn't really impact wider society in any way shape or form.

Is it legal to sell weed as well in Washington, like in Colorado? Think in places like Amsterdam the tourists that turned up to buy weed affected the local population greatly, so they restricted weed sales. Also there is the gateway drug issue - apparently it is much easier to get harder drugs in a place like Amsterdam compared to other places. Then you have the social problems that arise from that - crime etc.

Will be interested to see what happens with what really amounts to a state-sized social experiment.
    you can buy vodka and 130 proof bourbon, i don't think pot is going to wreak havoc

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    you can buy vodka and 130 proof bourbon, i don't think pot is going to wreak havoc
    From what I heard there are huge problems with meth, oxy etc in certain areas over there, you are probably right, a little pot probably won't hurt things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like