Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: The separation of church and state is the distance in the relationship between organi

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    tl;dr

    stay on topic; your interpretations are from Mars.


    You know what WCO, I'll do you a favor. Tonight when I get home, I'll post some great nude and titty shots on the strip, and then you can be rid of me for a while.

    A win/win, I think we'll all agree, especially with the quality of nudes I have available.

    By the way, where is you friend Flushing? I notice he sure doesn't have much to say right now.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.

  2. #22
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post


    You know what WCO, I'll do you a favor. Tonight when I get home, I'll post some great nude and titty shots on the strip, and then you can be rid of me for a while.

    A win/win, I think we'll all agree, especially with the quality of nudes I have available.

    By the way, where is you friend Flushing? I notice he sure doesn't have much to say right now.
    You'll do no such thing, because I would never ban you, or ignore you. I would go to someone else, if I ever lost my mind and cried foul to another mod.

    I respect your opinion; and we both like to let 'er rip. You put a lot of natural effort into your posts, and that's why i was miffed - you, as much as anyone, can re-shape the tone of a thread. You make your points with force and clarity.

    I don't disrespect you; I am terrified of you.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I have lots to say WF, always will, as you well know teh voice of reason is never stilled whether its me or someone else likeminded, I was just out of town in DC driving back through teh storm...you know working so I can support the human leeches who need me...cant be on this forum 24x7 because I have a life and others (the retired, semi-retired, kiddies in school) dont...stopping in BAL and PHI to buy Vaccaro's Bakery, Attman's Deli, P&S Ravioli and John's Roast Pork (MUCH better than DeNics) products and shoveling snow, but not the kind some of you guys stuff up your schnozzoo...just because I likes WCO personally doesnt mean I has to agree with him politically in any way shape or form...I have plenty o' nutty ill informed lib friends and relatives to keep me amused if this nuthouse fails to deliver

    Where was I? Oh yeah, excluding WF here, the usual nonsense from the usual Low Information/Low IQ suspects + 1 high on B. Hussein's "mandate" (obviously all subscribers to the mag of the same name) or sumpin' stronger...something new has been added


    Fetuses are humans from conception, any parent knows this instinctively;

    Therefore, they have a right to equal protection under teh law and NOT via religion...UNlike any illegal alien or their anchor b@st@rds, serial killer, drug addict, Islamic terrorist or miscellanous deviate/deviant libs bend over to protect and extend "rights" to artificially;

    Abortion is murder because someone dies and it ain't suicide;

    The GOP did not lose over religion because they didnt push it at all this go-round unless people preferred a Muslim to a Mormon or just summoned up their usual excuse for a prejudice;

    The GOP will not ditch religion, anti-abortion opinion or the RR any more than (D) will ditch the segregated Black Church goer;

    Appeal to Hispanics? The GOP has more Hispanic members in Congress than (D) does

    Anti-abortion stance does not make one a GOPer in and of itself.

    Mix in some unsubstantiated (D)=(R) platitudes and the idiotic beat(-off) goes on..and it's still Bush's fault.

    That is like Ryan blaming his failures on Mangini or Herm...lame

    I'm hoping to see an even more "Flushing"-like attitude from the GOP going forward. This is what the parasitic pukes in this country deserve.

    Falsely accuse Romney of letting someone die in an ad...GOP runs an ad will show graphic evidence of actual victims of Benghazi and other (D)/OweBowMao neglect.

    Accuse Romney of driving around with a dog on his car roof...show a professional 0 impersonator eating dog as his said he did.

    Have open borders and import millions of unskilled 3rd world illiterates for (D) votes ? Import millions of skilled from 1st world and register them as (R)

    Etc.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You'll do no such thing, because I would never ban you, or ignore you. I would go to someone else, if I ever lost my mind and cried foul to another mod.

    I respect your opinion; and we both like to let 'er rip. You put a lot of natural effort into your posts, and that's why i was miffed - you, as much as anyone, can re-shape the tone of a thread. You make your points with force and clarity.

    I don't disrespect you; I am terrified of you.
    Ha ha!

    But A. You give me far too much credit. And B.......you really don't want to see tities?

    I guess I'll have to get me ban from Green. I know he'll stomp me down good and hard if needed, he usedtobeacap after all.

    Forgive me, while I have and had no love of Romney, I voted for him anyway, despite my idealism for (L), because I felt it the only way to save my own personal political darlings, immigration, personal accountabillity, anti-collectivism.

    And not only have all those things lost. They're being described as the core of why (R) lost, and the things (R) must abandon to ever win again.

    Thats hard to take. Not because I love (R), but because these ideas are core to my political social and economic viewpoint.

    So frogive my pending nude-posting meltdown, and please, have no fear of banning me. Sometimes folks go out cause they really want to go out.

    Forum Suicide By UsedtobeacopnowaForumCop.

    Seems so appropriate.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Oh I have lots to say WF, always will, as you well know teh voice of reason is never stilled whether its me or someone else likeminded, I was just out of town in DC driving back through teh storm...you know working so I can support the human leeches who need me...cant be on this forum 24x7 because I have a life and others (the retired, semi-retired, kiddies in school) dont...stopping in BAL and PHI to buy Vaccaro's Bakery, Attman's Deli, P&S Ravioli and John's Roast Pork (MUCH better than DeNics) products and shoveling snow, but not the kind some of you guys stuff up your schnozzoo...just because I likes WCO personally doesnt mean I has to agree with him politically in any way shape or form...I have plenty o' nutty ill informed lib friends and relatives to keep me amused if this nuthouse fails to deliver

    Where was I? Oh yeah, excluding WF here, the usual nonsense from the usual Low Information/Low IQ suspects + 1 high on B. Hussein's "mandate" (obviously all subscribers to the mag of the same name) or sumpin' stronger...something new has been added


    Fetuses are humans from conception, any parent knows this instinctively;

    Therefore, they have a right to equal protection under teh law and NOT via religion...like any illegal alien, serial killer, drug addict or miscellanous deviate/deviant libs bend over to protect and extend "rights" to artificially;

    Abortion is murder because someone dies and it ain't suicide;

    The GOP did not lose over religion because they didnt push it at all this go-round unless people preferred a Muslim to a Mormon or just summoned up their usual excuse for a prejudice;

    The GOP will not ditch religion, anti-abortion opinion or the RR any more than (D) will ditch the segregated Black Church goer;

    Appeal to Hispanics? The GOP has more Hispanic members in Congress than (D) does

    Anti-abortion stance does not make one a GOPer in and of itself.

    Mix in some unsubstantiated (D)=(R) platitudes and the idiotic beat(-off) goes on..and it's still Bush's fault.

    That is like Ryan blaming his failures on Mangini or Herm...lame

    I'm hoping to see an even more "Flushing"-like attitude from the GOP going forward. This is what the parasitic pukes in this country deserve.

    Falsely accuse Romney of letting someone die in an ad...GOP runs an ad will show graphic evidence of actual victims of Benghazi and other (D)/OweBowMao neglect.

    Accuse Romney of driving around with a dog on his car roof...show a professional 0 impersonator eating dog as his said he did.

    Have open borders and import millions of unskilled 3rd world illiterates for (D) votes ? Import millions of skilled from 1st world and register them as (R)

    Etc.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    What does that picture mean Rainblow? You're into Classical music played by ghey British Octets?
    This one must be the "Rosinbaggers"...no doubt with selections by Wolfgangbang Amadeus Mozart

    I'm sure you meant to post this but the hallucinogens got in the way

    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.

  7. #27
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well well

    I guess all that's missing is a "poke in the side" from Brother Ernie; all propers to him.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Okay - Are we in agreement that WITHOUT the anti-abortionists, there is no "Republican Party"?
    I'm pro choice. Always have been. I'd like to see a GOP more reflective of my views. Liberals always get it wrong about Republicans. Political parties are a collection of constituencies. The GOP is made up of Social Values types, and fiscal conservatives and libertarian small government types. Some overlap with each other. Some don't. The takeaway from this election for me is that the social values part of the platform, which I have never agreed with as it conflicts with my personal "more freedom, less government" view needs to be moderated.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So, thus far post election, the key to a Republican return is:

    -End all efforts at immigration enforcement. Promote and support illegal immigration and call it "immigration" until all immigration restrictions can be repealed and called "reform".

    -Pander, in every way possible, to the African American Community, apparently by ending any effort to curb social welfare, and by cutting all ties with the "Religious right".

    -End all efforts to oppose abortion. Period. Agree to pay for any and all abortions, contraceptives and fully fund planned parenthood, even if Obamacare already covers everything Planned Parenthood does via other providers.

    -Never, ever, put up for office a wealthy man. Or a white man. Middle-class or lower, women or "peope of color" only.

    -Cut the Millitary by 75% minimum. Spend every penny cut on social programs and "social justice" programs to set right the discrepancy between white men, and women and people of color in all aspects of society.

    So, there we have it, the winning (R) ticket for 2016.
    This is not a serious post. The GOP needs to be the party of smaller government, more freedom, strong military and less spending. Economic opportunity versus collectivism. It is the focus on social issues that distracts from real issues facing the country. The opportunity message resonates but it is negated by the anti-abortion message. Abortion is decided law. Keep the government out of it. Don't fund it with tax dollars. Ban late term abortions. But the idea of overturning Roe V Wade is absurd. It will never happen. I wouldn't personally want that to happen. It has been in effect for 70 years. This is America and once a right is granted, it is virtually impossible to take it away.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    I'm sure you meant to post this but the hallucinogens got in the way

    You howl at the world, but speak a dead language.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 11-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.

  11. #31
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I'm pro choice. Always have been. I'd like to see a GOP more reflective of my views. Liberals always get it wrong about Republicans. Political parties are a collection of constituencies. The GOP is made up of Social Values types, and fiscal conservatives and libertarian small government types. Some overlap with each other. Some don't. The takeaway from this election for me is that the social values part of the platform, which I have never agreed with as it conflicts with my personal "more freedom, less government" view needs to be moderated.
    Thanks, chief! I appreciate the input. I know the GOP has a lot of talent; but they sure have a heck of a gauntlet to run just to be acceptable across the base.

  12. #32
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    This is not a serious post.
    Of course it's not.

    But that doesn't stop it from being what is being said since Romney's defeat.

    The almost universal view out there is (R) needs to stop being (R) to ever win again.

    The GOP needs to be.....
    With all due respect, it's hard to take you, the biggest and hardest-core Romney-backer on J.I., seriously about what the Party "should be" going forward to win elections.

    Coming out two days after everything you talked-up and defended for a year and a half got totally roflstomped, is the height of humorous hubris. You were wrong. Maybe you should let that settle in for a while before telling us where the party needs to go.

    And in more important, real-world concrete terms.....the Republican Right will not, ever, give up the social conservativism you want them to. You and other Romney/McCain Moderates would be kicked from the party before the give us social conservativism. And you know it.

    If anything, this result will end the era of the Grand Old Establishment Republican, the Next Old Rich White Man Up arrangment that gave us Dole, Bush II, McCain and Romney. If anything, the right will shift further right, not further left. Especially after 4 more years of Obama.

    But we'll see.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do others Social Values beliefs interfere with More Freedom, Less Government concepts? Because they don't believe as you do and / or don't want to subsidize or approve your behavior? I sure as hell dont want to pay for others birth control (active, retroactive (abortion) or otherwise, let alone give the Good Housekeeping seal of approval to baby snuffing.

    Tell you what, you get the box cars, I'll start rounding up the RR

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anybody explained why we should be forced to pay for people's abortions and how that is not a double-standard?

    Still waiting on that one.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I am pro life personally but am not anti abortion. The state should stay out of the matter. It's settled law anyway and will never be overturned.
    You want an abortion? Get an abortion. But don't expect someone else to pay for it. Pay yourself or get a "pro bono" doctor or clinic to handle it without taxpayer or health plan funds. (Rape or incest exclusion). The same applies to birth control. Your decision, you pay. Same with drugs like Viagra. Same with elective surgery (nose job, boob job).
    Weight reduction - run 20 minutes everyday. And a myriad of other personal "medical" issues.
    Personal responsibility and accountability.
    This is a very reasonable approach.

    Hence, the (R)s will run from it like kryptonite.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Of course it's not.

    But that doesn't stop it from being what is being said since Romney's defeat.

    The almost universal view out there is (R) needs to stop being (R) to ever win again.



    With all due respect, it's hard to take you, the biggest and hardest-core Romney-backer on J.I., seriously about what the Party "should be" going forward to win elections.

    Coming out two days after everything you talked-up and defended for a year and a half got totally roflstomped, is the height of humorous hubris. You were wrong. Maybe you should let that settle in for a while before telling us where the party needs to go.

    And in more important, real-world concrete terms.....the Republican Right will not, ever, give up the social conservativism you want them to. You and other Romney/McCain Moderates would be kicked from the party before the give us social conservativism. And you know it.

    If anything, this result will end the era of the Grand Old Establishment Republican, the Next Old Rich White Man Up arrangment that gave us Dole, Bush II, McCain and Romney. If anything, the right will shift further right, not further left. Especially after 4 more years of Obama.

    But we'll see.
    The "universal view" is only by non-GOP.

    Correct, the GOP has offered up nothing but Moderates since 1988 and the last 2 times they were not of sufficient appeal.
    This election, most of the Moderate GOP lost-especialy in the Senate - Brown, McMahon etc.
    TP-types like Cruz and Rand Paul won. The House, the true representation of local politics, increased its number.
    So yes, a right(er) turn seems to be in the cards.
    How is (R) "running away" from the personal responsibility concept?

    However, the Romney will end abortion and abortion is settled law arguments are just as nonsensical as teh 1850s slavery was settled by Dred Scott argument.
    There may always be lib states that will offer it.
    TIn contrast there are may be other states that wont but there will always be a tyranny of teh minority in those to try to reinstate the Orwellian meatgrinder and overturn the "settled law" there
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Thanks, chief! I appreciate the input. I know the GOP has a lot of talent; but they sure have a heck of a gauntlet to run just to be acceptable across the base.
    I have more on this. The Democrats are masters at pandering to groups while simultaneously screwing them legislatively. The GOP may need to get onto that tact. For example, Democrats talk about helping the middle class but locally the middle class gets screwed everytime a municipal union contract is granted with outrageous salaries and benefits on the taxpayer dime. In congress last year Democrats pandered to women by attempting to pass the fair pay act. A strengthening of Lilly Ledbetter that would have allowed trial lawyers to arbitrarily subpoena corporation records so they can compare salaries of particular employees based on race. They would have been able to do this without so much as an employee complaint. This was a triple screw job by the Dems in that they got the pandering cred with women, and helped out their donor base of trial lawyers. The law would have screwed women, moms in particular that often arrange for flexible hours situations so that they can be home with their children in the evenings or when they are sick. Companies would have been forced to eliminate any special considerations for hours etc forcing already overworked and underappreciated moms to choose between working and getting any time to spend with their children. The triple part is that while trial lawyers were launching class action after class action law suit on virtually every business in America the companies would be doling out cash to defend the suits weakening those companies and reducing their ability to hire workers. This stuff goes on and on. The way the Dems pander to Blacks while simultaneously allowing teachers unions to block school choice efforts.

    The problems with this country and the problems with liberal legislation have not changed.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You howl at the world, but speak a dead language.
    You're selling your soul, but only Satan is buying.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    You're selling your soul, but only Satan is buying.
    Wait a minute. I didn't come packaged with a soul.

    Just an extra silica gel packet. That I promptly ate.

  20. #40
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I have more on this. The Democrats are masters at pandering to groups while simultaneously screwing them legislatively. The GOP may need to get onto that tact. For example, Democrats talk about helping the middle class but locally the middle class gets screwed everytime a municipal union contract is granted with outrageous salaries and benefits on the taxpayer dime. In congress last year Democrats pandered to women by attempting to pass the fair pay act. A strengthening of Lilly Ledbetter that would have allowed trial lawyers to arbitrarily subpoena corporation records so they can compare salaries of particular employees based on race. They would have been able to do this without so much as an employee complaint. This was a triple screw job by the Dems in that they got the pandering cred with women, and helped out their donor base of trial lawyers. The law would have screwed women, moms in particular that often arrange for flexible hours situations so that they can be home with their children in the evenings or when they are sick. Companies would have been forced to eliminate any special considerations for hours etc forcing already overworked and underappreciated moms to choose between working and getting any time to spend with their children. The triple part is that while trial lawyers were launching class action after class action law suit on virtually every business in America the companies would be doling out cash to defend the suits weakening those companies and reducing their ability to hire workers. This stuff goes on and on. The way the Dems pander to Blacks while simultaneously allowing teachers unions to block school choice efforts.

    The problems with this country and the problems with liberal legislation have not changed.
    That's why a 2-party system is a must.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us