Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The separation of church and state is the distance in the relationship between organi

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So just continue right on down the toilet?

Why the defeatist attitude?

I certainly understand the reasoning from a long-term cost standpoint. However what is the social cost of basically promoting carelessness with one's body? I would rather my money go to educating kids about the importance of having responsibility for their bodies, promote having healthy relationships and the benefits of having children when married as opposed to being a single parent or having to have an abortion.
    Agree with you

However just about all of the political crusaders against abortion are equally against contraception and sex education.

You are one of the intelligent thinking minority on this issue. I applaud you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I'm not sure that's entirely true. I've heard from quite a few pro-abortion people whose intelligence i have high regard for that it's "life" that begins at birth. I think what's meant by life is "human life" specifically, and the implication is that prior to birth the fetus is sub-human.

While you are absolutely correct that no one can dispute that a Fetus is alive, the sperm and egg were living prior to conception as well. A woman's hair is alive too, yet we all acknowledge she has the right to cut it.
    This. Believing that everyone that uses the term "life begins at conception" means just that in the most literal sense shows a lack of understanding of the argument and a seemingly intentional underestimation of their intelligence.