Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: Namath Rips Woody

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm 35. I bet you're like double-that.


    Oh and....you must be able to hold your liquor real well if you can actually REMEMBER what you called me when you were trashed.
    FUKK off (lol)..I'm not that old BUT I no longer am in my 40s. That said...plan on Charlotte. See Charlottejetsfans.com. it will be fun.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 11-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Once again Joe hit the bulls eyes. What I find hard to believe is all who are Joe's critics, how "the game has passed him by, how he should go find somewhere and sit down" the only QB who put us on the NFL map. Suddenly are all jumping on his bandwagon, they all want to hear the master speak on their behalf.

    Yes! you Nick Mangold and Mark Sanchez I remember what you said about 2-3 months ago.....Oh am so fed up with Tannenbaum/Sanchez/Ryan/Sparano....aaaaaaahhhhhhh! I am tired of this lame FO..@#$%^&*(...a waist of my hard earn money. fuggggggit!

  3. #43
    anytime Namath opens his mouth and rips the jets, he is dead on. nothing is going to change.. the jets are a losing franchise. 43 yrs of misery.

  4. #44
    In fairness to the Jets, since Day 1, they have said Tebow is the BACKUP QB and COULD play up to 20 snaps per game. Key words: BACKUP QB and COULD.

    How many backup QBs play regularly? Save for injured QB fill-ins, Tebow has played the most of any backup in the league.

    And does "could" mean definitely will? No.

    Go read any article regarding the trade which was printed BEFORE Tanny, Rex, etc., addressed the media for the first time about the trade -- all of those writers speculated Tebow was going to be used in the wildcat just because Sparano (who is wrongly credited with bringing the wildcat to the NFL) was with the Jets. It was the media who first brought up the wildcat scenario to the public. And when Rex said, yeah sure it's gonna happen, we all expected it to be a major part of the offense. And when it's not, we as fans are being "disrespected", as Namath says? Show me a coach/team that is always honest with its fan base. Does Namath expect each season ticket holder to receive a copy of the playbook, too?

    With that being said, I think Tebow should be used more, no doubt. And this Jets front office makes me scratch my head more and more each day. There isn't much talent, the FO seems confused at how to do things sometimes, but to say the fans aren't getting a "fair shake" because Tebow isn't on the field more is just stupid.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    In fairness to the Jets, since Day 1, they have said Tebow is the BACKUP QB and COULD play up to 20 snaps per game. Key words: BACKUP QB and COULD.

    How many backup QBs play regularly? Save for injured QB fill-ins, Tebow has played the most of any backup in the league.

    And does "could" mean definitely will? No.

    Go read any article regarding the trade which was printed BEFORE Tanny, Rex, etc., addressed the media for the first time about the trade -- all of those writers speculated Tebow was going to be used in the wildcat just because Sparano (who is wrongly credited with bringing the wildcat to the NFL) was with the Jets. It was the media who first brought up the wildcat scenario to the public. And when Rex said, yeah sure it's gonna happen, we all expected it to be a major part of the offense. And when it's not, we as fans are being "disrespected", as Namath says? Show me a coach/team that is always honest with its fan base. Does Namath expect each season ticket holder to receive a copy of the playbook, too?

    With that being said, I think Tebow should be used more, no doubt. And this Jets front office makes me scratch my head more and more each day. There isn't much talent, the FO seems confused at how to do things sometimes, but to say the fans aren't getting a "fair shake" because Tebow isn't on the field more is just stupid.
    I agree. People seem to have this idea that we were gonna have Tim play every other snap. That's wishful thinking at best.

    I don't think we should use him MORE, but I think we need to use him SMARTER. The way we're running the Tebowcat, Defenses know all they have to do is clog up the middle and they'll be successful. As much as I hate to say it, you have to let Tim THROW once in awhile. If you don't, you'll achieve nothing but 2 yard runs.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,731
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Namath has said a lot of things last 2 seasons. And he has taken a lot of heat for opening his mouth.

    Truth of the matter is, he's 100% right. And has been right about almost everthing the last 2 years.

    All the homers don't want to admit it. And many keep telling Joe to shut his mouth. But he's a fan! He sees what many of us see. An orginization that is run by a bunch of clowns.

    Owner - Only cares about grabbing headlines even if it's not for the best interest of the team.

    GM = A never been GM who's in over his head. He was a cap guy turned GM who has made 40 moves the last few years and maybe been right on 5 of them.

    Coach = A defensive coordinator.

    Until the Jets bring in a true GM we are screwed. We need a real GM to hire a real NFL coach.

    Once we have true NFL minds working together, Woody wont have much say. But what's happening now is, Woody making foolish splashes and all we have are bafoons who have no business putting an end to it..

    Give me a real GM and this franchise will be on the up and up.
    THIS.

    The homers and those who simply wear blinders have routinely criticized Namath, calling him clueless, a has-been, a drunk, etc. Truth is, he knows a helluva lot more about what's going on than most, if not all, on this board. Yes, the truth hurts. But it's the truth.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    THIS.

    The homers and those who simply wear blinders have routinely criticized Namath, calling him clueless, a has-been, a drunk, etc. Truth is, he knows a helluva lot more about what's going on than most, if not all, on this board. Yes, the truth hurts. But it's the truth.
    Unless there is a poster who played QB in the NFL, Namath does know more than every single poster on this board.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Trust me...back then, if I had my way, you would've been banned for a lot longer.


    But in all seriousness, I was more sore at you for your insults than anything else.

    Yeah I didn't like Joe sticking his nose in the Jets business BUT....*BUT*...He really knows his s--t regarding the Jets even better than the Jets do.

    Now I'm wishing HE was the GM, not Tanny.
    Eh. I love Joe but not as GM.

    He would be football's version of Phil Esposito as a GM.

    And that's not a good thing.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Eh. I love Joe but not as GM.

    He would be football's version of Phil Esposito as a GM.

    And that's not a good thing.
    I think he was kidding Jordy and PLEASE, PLEASE never bring up the Espo years again. I'll have to put you on ignore and break out a pair of Ron Dugay , Barry Beck Sasoon jeans.

  10. #50
    It's very sad to say but old Joe makes some very valid points even the most harden homers, as much as they deny it, know a lot of what he is pointing out is on the mark.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,196


    I didnt like Namath yapping about the Jets all the time, but he's telling it like it is. The unadulterated truth. It's as obvious as day now that this team wants headlines and PSL purchases, not Championships. Man I hope Woody sells the team one day and we start over.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,731
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I think he was kidding Jordy and PLEASE, PLEASE never bring up the Espo years again. I'll have to put you on ignore and break out a pair of Ron Dugay , Barry Beck Sasoon jeans.
    Ooooo la la....Sasoon

    Don't forget Anders Hedberg and Dave Maloney.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Ooooo la la....Sasoon

    Don't forget Anders Hedberg and Dave Maloney.
    Also, who remembers "Ooooo la la....You suck!" lol

  14. #54
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,708
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Once again Joe hit the bulls eyes. What I find hard to believe is all who are Joe's critics, how "the game has passed him by, how he should go find somewhere and sit down" the only QB who put us on the NFL map. Suddenly are all jumping on his bandwagon, they all want to hear the master speak on their behalf.

    Yes! you Nick Mangold and Mark Sanchez I remember what you said about 2-3 months ago.....Oh am so fed up with Tannenbaum/Sanchez/Ryan/Sparano....aaaaaaahhhhhhh! I am tired of this lame FO..@#$%^&*(...a waist of my hard earn money. fuggggggit!
    I was kinda thinkin' the other end...

  15. #55
    ^ Is that in Japan?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    In fairness to the Jets, since Day 1, they have said Tebow is the BACKUP QB and COULD play up to 20 snaps per game. Key words: BACKUP QB and COULD.

    How many backup QBs play regularly? Save for injured QB fill-ins, Tebow has played the most of any backup in the league.

    And does "could" mean definitely will? No.

    Go read any article regarding the trade which was printed BEFORE Tanny, Rex, etc., addressed the media for the first time about the trade -- all of those writers speculated Tebow was going to be used in the wildcat just because Sparano (who is wrongly credited with bringing the wildcat to the NFL) was with the Jets. It was the media who first brought up the wildcat scenario to the public. And when Rex said, yeah sure it's gonna happen, we all expected it to be a major part of the offense. And when it's not, we as fans are being "disrespected", as Namath says? Show me a coach/team that is always honest with its fan base. Does Namath expect each season ticket holder to receive a copy of the playbook, too?

    With that being said, I think Tebow should be used more, no doubt. And this Jets front office makes me scratch my head more and more each day. There isn't much talent, the FO seems confused at how to do things sometimes, but to say the fans aren't getting a "fair shake" because Tebow isn't on the field more is just stupid.
    The Tebow thing isn't really about how often but rather HOW - he simply hasn't been used in the obvious ways he should be. If you were really intent on making this guy part of the game plan - he's brought in on 2nd and 1 from the 2 - he's also allowed to throw a few passes to keep the defense honest...He's put behind center to run QB sneaks in short yardage.

    They are honestly not putting him in any reasonable position to succeed - they do NOT want to use him.

  17. #57
    I wish our owner cared as much about winning as Joe does.

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    So, you frown on anyone expressing their opinions? You prefer, unwavering "homerism"?


    DING! DING! DING!

    Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I wish our owner cared as much about winning as Joe does.
    THIS!!!!!

  20. #60
    I used to really get annoyed by Joe ... But recently I find myself really liking him ... I feel like since the Namath TV special he has had a rebirth.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us