Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Namath Rips Woody

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I used to really get annoyed by Joe ... But recently I find myself really liking him ... I feel like since the Namath TV special he has had a rebirth.
    Interestingly...ESPN is grouping the Cowboys and JETS in the same category. Struggling teams, with a HUGE losing streak over the last 2 years that have, wait for it:

Meddling owners

I have said this a long time...and would add Redskins and formerly Raiders.

Teams with a PR department greater than the skill department.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Welcome to 2007, Joe.

Not sure why this is some big news today, we've been discussing this since Tannenbaum started signing every big name or decent free agent in the NFL.

And it actually worked- had we not gotten the likes of Favre, Faneca, Franks, Jenkins, Law, Pace, Richardson, Woody, Izzo, Leonhard, Scott, Taylor, Cromartie, Burress, Mason, and Tomlinson back then we wouldn't have gone as deep in the playoffs as we did.

One can argue, quite easily, that having a freewheeling owner picking up proven free agents is a better strategy than having a freewheeling GM picking up unproven project college boys. We might not need to reload on youth; we might need to reload on age.

SAR I
    Everyone forgets why Scott........New Stadium / Selling PSL's. No one bit when I posted this 3-4 years ago. That sales effort still continues and I'm positive it's Woody interfering for this reason.

It just dawned on me today probably why the upper level is less than full. I think the reneging on PSL's in a big issue. I also think alot of upper deckers moved down to those seats.

Aquiring all those free agents was inefficient. Woody needs to be in the headlines for a business reasons and it's cost us.

Practice Squad
    I could not have said it better myself JOE! You hit it right on the head! This team wants to win the back page of the sports section instead of the Super Bowl! They rather charge their fans a arm and a leg for tickets, parking, and beer , than give their die hard fans some good feelings about this team! I will tell you this Mr. Johnson! I will NEVER pay for a ticket again nor come to your over priced stadium until you give us Jets fans a winning team! That also goes for buying anything that says JETS on it. Because if you are going to do this to my beloved team then I hope all the fans don't give you a dime for your team and you sell it and go away!! Fire Mike or at least put him in the accounting room, Get a football guy and let him keep or fire Rex. Then go get the talent we need to take this team to the next level!!! Trade Tebow before you destroy his career like you are destroying Mark's! I am done with this team until I see a difference and a new way of thinking! BEcasue RIGHT now THEY SUCK!!!! Tell them to shut their mouths and play football!

joe namath is 100% correct in all he says.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Interestingly...ESPN is grouping the Cowboys and JETS in the same category. Struggling teams, with a HUGE losing streak over the last 2 years that have, wait for it:

Meddling owners

I have said this a long time...and would add Redskins and formerly Raiders.

Teams with a PR department greater than the skill department.

Difference between Jerry and Woody :

- Jerry as Owner has had his Franchise WIN a Superbowl.

- Woody has had his Franchise WIN a Snoopy-Bowl.

And anyway, Jerry had a GM that had HALF-A-BRAIN unlike Tanny....

The only thing I think Woody could do to emulate Jerry is to do what Jerry did to Jimmie after the 1993 SuperBowl season(if I'm right) : FORCE REX OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Namath has said a lot of things last 2 seasons. And he has taken a lot of heat for opening his mouth.

Truth of the matter is, he's 100% right. And has been right about almost everthing the last 2 years.

All the homers don't want to admit it. And many keep telling Joe to shut his mouth. But he's a fan! He sees what many of us see. An orginization that is run by a bunch of clowns.

Owner - Only cares about grabbing headlines even if it's not for the best interest of the team.

GM = A never been GM who's in over his head. He was a cap guy turned GM who has made 40 moves the last few years and maybe been right on 5 of them.

Coach = A defensive coordinator.

Until the Jets bring in a true GM we are screwed. We need a real GM to hire a real NFL coach.

Once we have true NFL minds working together, Woody wont have much say. But what's happening now is, Woody making foolish splashes and all we have are bafoons who have no business putting an end to it..

Give me a real GM and this franchise will be on the up and up.
    This

The only thing that I question is if Tannenbaum's hands are tied to the meddling owner. He did not draft badly with mangini, before Woody became progressively more meddling