Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 11/8

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    STFU and kindly place yourself in front of an oncoming train.

Thanks,

You're owner,

Ray
    1. You've been back here for less than a half hour and you are resorting to your old ways. Knock it off.

2. I'm far from the grammar police, but if you are going to claim to be someone's owner, you should spell "your" correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, in all seriousness, I am glad to see you back. Hope everything is OK.

Equally glad to see you haven't changed one bit.
    Thanks, last two weeks have been a bit rough.

Still here, and not backing down.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    1. You've been back here for less than a half hour and you are resorting to your old ways. Knock it off.

2. I'm far from the grammar police, but if you are going to claim to be someone's owner, you should spell "your" correctly.
    Good call on the gramar.

And really? That troll does his BS every day in every thread, and you want to condemn MY post? C'mon.

He's not a terrible coach, like the others, you're overreacting.

What players are regressing? Don't want to hear about Sanchez, there is more to it, I've always said, I want to see a full year. The team has been dealt a raw deal in terms of injuries.

I get the D didn't make a stop when it needed it, but compare our D against the elite offensive teams we've played so far, and compare that overall performance with any other team that have played them

What is a joke, is the crying out on this forum and elsewhere. Rex didn't decide to wake up one day and suck, the AFCCG's two years ago weren't a mirage, **** happens, teams struggle, injuries happen, teams present different challenges each week, the Miami game was a bad loss, but you know who deserves blame? The players and the ST's, and Westoff, because of our ST's the team was faced with a fast 17-0 deficit, and had to completely scrap their game plan, and had to do it with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, as well as players still going through growing pains at WR, as well as several breakdowns in pass protection on the OL. The OL in that Miami game had one of its worse game of the season, but the injuries at RB had a lot to do with it, blitz pick-up was lacking, especially on the CB blitzes.

I can go on, but what's the use, half of this board could care less, they refuse to see anything past their spite, their anger, and their nose, and especially, their agenda and schticks for those to who it applies.

It isn't easy to win in the NFL, this isn't fantasy sports!

We as a fan base can't cry FIRE him after every game.

For me, Rex shouldn't change one bit, and I'm comfortable with his current public demeanor, he knows the team is in a hole, he knows they haven't met expectations, I can see the angst in him on the sideline, during the Miami game, things aren't going as planned, but I also see a team and a locker room that still seems to be together, that still believe in Rex and are still playing hard. I see execution being a problem, youth and transition on a roster littered with injuries, depth players having to step up to play bigger roles, and sure, there is a handful of players that are not playing up to expectation.
    I didn't say he was a terrible coach. I said he's a terrible HEAD COACH...HUGE difference! If you don't know the difference between the two then I am sorry for you.

Sanchez, Greene, Mangold, BMoore (age/injury), Harris, Wilson has never been developed..Keller is the same player as 3 yrs ago..Slauson is a JAG...Connor is gone. Rex wanted Sparano...That's a joke! Cavanaugh is one of Rex's guys and needs to take responsibility for Sanchez regressing too..

This isn't about 1 game...the last 11 games the Jets are 3-8....Nice trend we have going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks, last two weeks have been a bit rough.

Still here, and not backing down.
    Not sure why I thought you lived in Florida. I assume the 2 weeks was Sandy. Hope all works out. My 72 yr old mom, lives alone and was without power for a long time. Hope the best for you and yours....

BTW, the JETS just ***** this year. 1993 to 1996 all over again. Stop defending it.

He's not a terrible coach, like the others, you're overreacting.

What players are regressing? Don't want to hear about Sanchez, there is more to it, I've always said, I want to see a full year. The team has been dealt a raw deal in terms of injuries.

I get the D didn't make a stop when it needed it, but compare our D against the elite offensive teams we've played so far, and compare that overall performance with any other team that have played them

What is a joke, is the crying out on this forum and elsewhere. Rex didn't decide to wake up one day and suck, the AFCCG's two years ago weren't a mirage, **** happens, teams struggle, injuries happen, teams present different challenges each week, the Miami game was a bad loss, but you know who deserves blame? The players and the ST's, and Westoff, because of our ST's the team was faced with a fast 17-0 deficit, and had to completely scrap their game plan, and had to do it with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, as well as players still going through growing pains at WR, as well as several breakdowns in pass protection on the OL. The OL in that Miami game had one of its worse game of the season, but the injuries at RB had a lot to do with it, blitz pick-up was lacking, especially on the CB blitzes.

I can go on, but what's the use, half of this board could care less, they refuse to see anything past their spite, their anger, and their nose, and especially, their agenda and schticks for those to who it applies.

It isn't easy to win in the NFL, this isn't fantasy sports!

We as a fan base can't cry FIRE him after every game.

For me, Rex shouldn't change one bit, and I'm comfortable with his current public demeanor, he knows the team is in a hole, he knows they haven't met expectations, I can see the angst in him on the sideline, during the Miami game, things aren't going as planned, but I also see a team and a locker room that still seems to be together, that still believe in Rex and are still playing hard. I see execution being a problem, youth and transition on a roster littered with injuries, depth players having to step up to play bigger roles, and sure, there is a handful of players that are not playing up to expectation.
    Blitz pickups are a problem because Sanchez is apparently too stupid to know how to read a defense and see where pressure is coming from.

It's the QBs job to read the defense and determine the protection coverage. It's the QBs job to call hot routes based on what the defense is doing.

IIRC, Sanchez is the 7th highest paid QB in the freaking NFL and he's simply NOT WORTH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Blitz pickups are a problem because Sanchez is apparently too stupid to know how to read a defense and see where pressure is coming from.

It's the QBs job to read the defense and determine the protection coverage. It's the QBs job to call hot routes based on what the defense is doing.

IIRC, Sanchez is the 7th highest paid QB in the freaking NFL and he's simply NOT WORTH IT.

Shut it, Tebow fan

Shut it, Tebow fan
    You shut it ... Sanchez apologist.

Shut it, Tebow fan
    GFY Ray.

Just because I'm a Tebow fan doesn't mean that I'm wrong about your loverboy, Sanchez.

Oh, and that "great play starting with the Houston game ?"

Code:
    START	QTR	POSS.	YARD	PLAYS	YARDS	RESULT
    11:05	1	00:51	NYJ 13	3	8	Punt
    08:23	1	00:48	NYJ 28	3	0	Punt
    05:54	1	01:47	NYJ 43	4	57	Touchdown
    01:42	1	02:45	NYJ 15	7	12	Punt
    11:11	2	02:33	NYJ 29	7	10	Punt
    04:21	2	04:07	NYJ 7	10	81	Intercepted Pass
    15:00	3	02:27	NYJ 25	3	8	Punt
    00:13	3	03:18	NYJ 28	8	69	Field Goal
    09:59	4	02:55	NYJ 42	6	18	Punt
    03:28	4	01:37	NYJ 16	7	16	Intercepted Pass
    00:04	4	00:04	NYJ 9	1	0	End of Game
    Really stellar play there Ray. On a total of 10 drives, 80% ended in either a punt or an intercepted pass. 70% of the drives ended without gaining 20 yards.

Biggest reason why we were successful against the Colts ? Because the Coaching staff largely took the ball out of Sanchez's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You shut it ... All-Things-Jets apologist.
    Fixed.

Seriously, nobody can paint a better picture for a 3-5 team that has lost games by 17, 21 and 34 points like Ray.

Sanchez is still growing. He just needs a year when he has two #1 receivers, and beast of a ground game, and a Gronk type at TE. Oh, and nobody can get hurt, because that wouldn't be fair in terms of his evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Fixed.

Seriously, nobody can paint a better picture for a 3-5 team that has lost games by 17, 21 and 34 points like Ray.

Sanchez is still growing. He just needs a year when he has two #1 receivers, and beast of a ground game, and a Gronk type at TE. Oh, and nobody can get hurt, because that wouldn't be fair in terms of his evaluation.

Now, now, you still haven't given Sanchez enough. he needs 5 pro bowlers on the offensive line, 2 1000 yard RBs, and 3 TEs along the lines of Gronk and Hernandez. Oh yeah, and having the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens defense as well.

THEN, Sanchez can be successful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Now, now, you still haven't given Sanchez enough. he needs 5 pro bowlers on the offensive line, 2 1000 yard RBs, and 3 TEs along the lines of Gronk and Hernandez. Oh yeah, and having the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens defense as well.

THEN, Sanchez can be successful.
    Not true...Sg3 stated Mark will win 2 SBs this decade.

Kool aid......25 cents a glass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I didn't say he was a terrible coach. I said he's a terrible HEAD COACH...HUGE difference! If you don't know the difference between the two then I am sorry for you.

Sanchez, Greene, Mangold, BMoore (age/injury), Harris, Wilson has never been developed..Keller is the same player as 3 yrs ago..Slauson is a JAG...Connor is gone. Rex wanted Sparano...That's a joke! Cavanaugh is one of Rex's guys and needs to take responsibility for Sanchez regressing too..

This isn't about 1 game...the last 11 games the Jets are 3-8....Nice trend we have going.
    I agree. Something is wrong and that something is REX RYAN. He is not a HC. I get tired reading about his comments. SHUT UP REX and coach us to victory or get the heck out of the way!

C Mart you have been correct since preseason when you first mentioned the way our players seem to be lacking re training! Now even our SPECIAL TEAMS are causing us to lose games and Westy is considered a guru. It must be the lack of discipline by Rex that is causing so much to deteriorate.

RAY RAY and all guys in NJ and NY who have been hit by the superstrom. I feel sorry for all of you. I wish I could help everyone but I do urge people to donate to the RED CROSS. You guys and ladies are in my prayers!

GFY Ray.

Just because I'm a Tebow fan doesn't mean that I'm wrong about your loverboy, Sanchez.

Oh, and that "great play starting with the Houston game ?"

Code:
    START    QTR    POSS.    YARD    PLAYS    YARDS    RESULT
    11:05    1    00:51    NYJ 13    3    8    Punt
    08:23    1    00:48    NYJ 28    3    0    Punt
    05:54    1    01:47    NYJ 43    4    57    Touchdown
    01:42    1    02:45    NYJ 15    7    12    Punt
    11:11    2    02:33    NYJ 29    7    10    Punt
    04:21    2    04:07    NYJ 7    10    81    Intercepted Pass
    15:00    3    02:27    NYJ 25    3    8    Punt
    00:13    3    03:18    NYJ 28    8    69    Field Goal
    09:59    4    02:55    NYJ 42    6    18    Punt
    03:28    4    01:37    NYJ 16    7    16    Intercepted Pass
    00:04    4    00:04    NYJ 9    1    0    End of Game
    Really stellar play there Ray. On a total of 10 drives, 80% ended in either a punt or an intercepted pass. 70% of the drives ended without gaining 20 yards.

Biggest reason why we were successful against the Colts ? Because the Coaching staff largely took the ball out of Sanchez's hands.
    Loverboy?

No, just a similar perspective on Sanchez that you have of Tebow, and Tebow has achieved nothing more or has proven nothing more to be given your apology when it comes to Sanchez.

Sanchez is still struggling, but is also still dealing with a raw deck of cards given the injuries he's had to deal with on this team all year. He is also still developing as a QB. Not sure if he'll ever get to the point he needs to be, that his fanbase wants him to be, but I still think it's too early to give up on him.

I'm a fan of this team for all the right reasons, I know the history, recent and old going back about 30 years. You became a fan of the team by association.

So, no, Go **** YOURSELF!!!!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-08-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 8:39 AM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    Jets HC Rex Ryan says being voted overrated is, well, overrated. Story here: http://t.co/zQv1n3He #nyj
    That's a Good one

Loverboy?

No, just a similar perspective on Sanchez that you have of Tebow, and Tebow has achieved nothing more or has proven nothing more to be given your apology when it comes to Sanchez.

Sanchez is still struggling, but is also still dealing with a raw deck of cards given the injuries he's had to deal with on this team all year. He is also still developing as a QB. Not sure if he'll ever get to the point he needs to be, that his fanbase wants him to be, but I still think it's too early to give up on him.

I'm a fan of this team for all the right reasons, I know the history, recent and old going back about 30 years. You became a fan of the team by association.

So, no, Go **** YOURSELF!!!!

Wow, thank God Sanchez is still developing. I mean, he's only had 60 freaking NFL starts and he's not much better now than when he entered the NFL.

How many years are you going to give him Ray ? At what point will he learn how to throw slants and crossing passes on time and on target, instead of late and behind his receivers ? How many more years will it be before he learns to lead receivers so that they can actually get some YAC ? How many more years will it be before he learns that throwing the ball to the defensive players is NOT ADVISABLE ?

How many more years does Sanchez have to make ROOKIE MISTAKES ?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 10:53 AM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    Now Rex is gushing about former Jets WR Braylon Edwards, now with Seattle. They sure could use him now. #Jets
    And in other news, when a player with the football crosses the opponent's goal-line, it's a Touchdown.

(a little John Madden-ism there....lol)

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Wow, thank God Sanchez is still developing. I mean, he's only had 60 freaking NFL starts and he's not much better now than when he entered the NFL.

How many years are you going to give him Ray ? At what point will he learn how to throw slants and crossing passes on time and on target, instead of late and behind his receivers ? How many more years will it be before he learns to lead receivers so that they can actually get some YAC ? How many more years will it be before he learns that throwing the ball to the defensive players is NOT ADVISABLE ?

At least 1 more as the Starter of the NYJ

(did u know he only had 1 year in college, and also he is mentally fragile. Shh)

Jets Insider VIP

In fact...Mark played well his first NFL game. So....is it possible he has regressed? hard to believe A QBs first game is better than his average body of work BUT no question that Tanny and REX have NOT been helpful to Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN
    Jets may face Braylon Edwards this weekend. Why didn't Gang Green bring him back? Ryan answers. #nyj | Story: nydn.us/RKMKKX

Jets may face old teammate Braylon Edwards
    BY Seth Walder

When the Jets head to Seattle this weekend, they likely will find an old friend suited up in the opponents’ uniform. Former Jet Braylon Edwards has been recovering from a knee injury and looks slated to return Sunday against his old club.

Particularly since the Jets’ receiving corps have disappointed thus far, Ryan was asked why the Jets didn’t pursue Edwards, someone who had been successful in New York before.

“Well I think it’s always a two-way street,” said Ryan. “In our situation we had just drafted a young receiver we felt great about. We have Santonio Holmes, we have Kerley, a young guy we thought could be a guy that’s on the (upswing) and all that.”

“Would things have been different if Holmes had an injury earlier? I don’t know,” Ryan added.
    In 28 games for the Jets in 2009 and 2010, Edawrds totaled 88 receptions, 1,445 yards and 11 touchdowns.
    “I’ll say this: I’ve always had a great deal of admiration and respect for Braylon Edwards as you guys know,” said Ryan. “The way he worked on the practice field, the way he blocks, the way he does the unselfish things on the field…That’s a tough guy.”

Twitter.com/SethWalderNYDN

Rex is trying to put on a brave face there and talk up his players but I have a feeling that Rex did want Braylon back but Woody probably didn't and told Tanny as such.

Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 1:09 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    RT @nyjets: The New York Jets are donating $500,000 to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
    (https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/266618497176596482)

I HOPE THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE BASHING THE JETS FOR NOT DOING THIS CAN NOW CALM THE F DOWN!

The Jets did their part like the Giants. The End.