Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets Tweets 11/8

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Loverboy?

No, just a similar perspective on Sanchez that you have of Tebow, and Tebow has achieved nothing more or has proven nothing more to be given your apology when it comes to Sanchez.

Sanchez is still struggling, but is also still dealing with a raw deck of cards given the injuries he's had to deal with on this team all year. He is also still developing as a QB. Not sure if he'll ever get to the point he needs to be, that his fanbase wants him to be, but I still think it's too early to give up on him.

I'm a fan of this team for all the right reasons, I know the history, recent and old going back about 30 years. You became a fan of the team by association.

So, no, Go **** YOURSELF!!!!
    +1 Ray. He also only had 1 year in college. Did you know THAT Ray? 1 year.

We need to give him till at least 2018 to see if he can build as a player, and MORE importantly, if the team can surround him with talent to succeed.

If we give up and ditch the Sanchize, he may be a total, complete franchise QB by 2021.

Silly SOJF's will never get that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

We need to give him till at least 2018 to see if he can build as a player, and MORE importantly, if the team can surround him with talent to succeed.

If we give up and ditch the Sanchize, he may be a total, complete franchise QB by 2021.

Ah, the Jim Plunkett QB Development timeline.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Your sarcasm is well concealed. I laughed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Wow, thank God Sanchez is still developing. I mean, he's only had 60 freaking NFL starts and he's not much better now than when he entered the NFL.

How many years are you going to give him Ray ? At what point will he learn how to throw slants and crossing passes on time and on target, instead of late and behind his receivers ? How many more years will it be before he learns to lead receivers so that they can actually get some YAC ? How many more years will it be before he learns that throwing the ball to the defensive players is NOT ADVISABLE ?

How many more years does Sanchez have to make ROOKIE MISTAKES ?
    Rookie mistakes? So when Tebow doesn't hit these passes, is that what you call them as well?

He's had a constant shift of talent at RB and WR going back the last 2 years, that will cause a QB a lot of problems, chemistry and timing is always an issue, QB and offensive skill players are not completely on the same page.

Your last line is comically ignorant, so you think Sanchez just throws an interception because he feels like it? Nothing to do with poor pass protection, trying to make a play, being out of sync with a receiver on a particular route, or even a new offense and having to play with players rotating in and out of the line-up, off the couch, and off the injury list?

And your answer to Sanchez' problems is play Tebow, we know, because his numbers are just so much better as a starter last year than Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow he really is Rah Rah

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 1:24 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    I walked by the Jets fieldhouse before and Metallica was blaring as they try to simulate the crowd noise in Seattle. @DWaz73 would approve

Seth Walder (@SethWalderNYDN) tweeted at 2:52 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    Whether he plays or not, Bart Scott will travel to Seattle. Joked that since he doesn't have power, he gets a free hotel and some food.

Jets RapidReports (@CBSJets) tweeted at 3:21 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    Ricky Sapp said he watched players like Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas to learn how to study both playbook & film.

Seth Walder (@SethWalderNYDN) tweeted at 3:38 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    If McKnight can't play, Clyde Gates and Cromartie would split KR duties. #nyj

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 3:40 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    Ellis (knee) eyes comeback: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Kenrick Ellis came in from Jets practice damp from effort... http://t.co/bzZKefSa #nyj

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 3:52 PM on Thu, Nov 08, 2012:
    Sparano on the plays Ryan drew up: "mama didnt raise no fool. I'm going to use them." #jets #nyj

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rookie mistakes? So when Tebow doesn't hit these passes, is that what you call them as well?
    Dude, if you want to make this about Tebow, I'll happily oblige. last I checked, Tebow has 16 farking NFL starts under his belt, and ZERO offseasons as the #1, taking the majority of the first team snaps. yes, anyone with a more than an elementary school knowledge of football would cut him more slack.

He's had a constant shift of talent at RB and WR going back the last 2 years, that will cause a QB a lot of problems, chemistry and timing is always an issue, QB and offensive skill players are not completely on the same page.
    This kind of thing happens to a large number of QBs in the NFL and they don't suck as badly as Sanchez does because of it. Hell, look at all the rookies and 2nd year players who are playing much better than Sanchez right now.

I remember watching the Miami game and people went on about how Sanchez had to throw the ball so much, that you couldn't be successful putting the game on his shoulders. I then watched a freaking rookie, Andrew Luck, with an interim coach and a team in the midst of a total rebuild, throw 48 passes for 433 yards against the Phins to win the game.

Your last line is comically ignorant, so you think Sanchez just throws an interception because he feels like it? Nothing to do with poor pass protection, trying to make a play, being out of sync with a receiver on a particular route, or even a new offense and having to play with players rotating in and out of the line-up, off the couch, and off the injury list?
    We are 8 games into the season, well past the time to be crying about adjusting to a new offense. Guess what ? A bunch of QBs are working in new offenses this year and they aren't sucking like Sanchez has. All the Rookie starters are in a new offense of course. All teams with new offensive coordinators are as well, like Big Ben in Pittsburgh.

As for poor pass protection, Median NFL sacks is 18, Sanchez has only been sacked 19 times. Let's dig down into the numbers a bit further and look at sack %, which is the number of sacks / number of pass attempts + number of sacks. Sanchez gets sacked at a rate of 6.46%, which is 13th worst in the NFL, but guess what's awfully funny about the 12 QBs with higher sack %'s ? They ALL have better passer ratings.

Thing is, you can do this for every variable/reason you care to list. In every case, Sanchez is amongst the worst.

And your answer to Sanchez' problems is play Tebow, we know, because his numbers are just so much better as a starter last year than Sanchez.
    Tell you what. You and others who talk about how good Sanchez was in 2009 and how he led the Jets to the AFC Championship would be shocked to find that Tebow's stats from his first 16 starts are comparable to, and in many cases, better than, the stats that Sanchez put up in 2009.

I'm at the point where I'm definitely fine with seeing if Tebow has improved from last year, seeing as how Sanchez hasn't shown any farking improvement.

If he hasn't, then take him out and put McElroy in. See what he can do.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 11-09-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demos going hard in the paint, lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Demos going hard in the paint, lol
    I tend to do that when someone gets all stupid and acts like I'm screaming for a QB on par with Aaron Rodgers to get benched and for Tebow to start in place of him.

Mark Sanchez is bottom 5 of the QBs in the league and he's been in the bottom part of the rankings every year that he's been in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I tend to do that when someone gets all stupid and acts like I'm screaming for a QB on par with Aaron Rodgers to get benched and for Tebow to start in place of him.

Mark Sanchez is bottom 5 of the QBs in the league and he's been in the bottom part of the rankings every year that he's been in the NFL.
    While I don't support the idea of putting Tebow in (unless the FO and CS are just deciding to forego the season and look towards the draft), I find it hilarious when you pull off the gloves and UNLEASH that football knowledge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets RB Joe McKnight, who aggravated his high ankle sprain 2 weeks ago, is unlikely to play vs Seahawks on Sunday, I'm told. #nyj

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Compared with Teblows. Mark Sanchez is Joe Montana

So is every other first second or third string quarterback in the NFL, CFL, Arena League and most High Schools

Teblows SUCKS and should have been put on waivers during the bye week

We could have rid ourselves of this curse PLUS the additional biblical plague that has rained down on the Jets since March known as Demosthenes ucrenegade daballhawk joewnamath and the rest of Saint Timmy's halfwitted disciples

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Compared with Teblows. Mark Sanchez is Joe Montana

So is every other first second or third string quarterback in the NFL, CFL, Arena League and most High Schools

Teblows SUCKS and should have been put on waivers during the bye week

We could have rid ourselves of this curse PLUS the additional biblical plague that has rained down on the Jets since March known as Demosthenes ucrenegade daballhawk joewnamath and the rest of Saint Timmy's halfwitted disciples

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    While the others are pretty dumb and delusional, Demos is actually a very nice guy with plenty of football knowledge.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    While the others are pretty dumb and delusional, Demos is actually a very nice guy with plenty of football knowledge.
    I concur on that front. We all know why Demos here, but I've never seen him pump up Tebow unnecessarily. And the other guys referenced in the post were all here pre-Tebow.

I honestly don't get what people complain about when they talk about some mythical influx of Tebow posters. They really aren't here. And, to the extent that some posters that were here latched on to him, that's more of a function of Sanchez's play, not the aura of Tebow. They may have been annoying and premature, but thus far, it doesn't look like they were too far off base. At least at this juncture.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Good call on the gramar.

And really? That troll does his BS every day in every thread, and you want to condemn MY post? C'mon.
    First off, I hope everything is OK with you and you're family.

Second, I'm asking you to stop with the personal attacks. Write them out and delete them before you post if that makes you feel better. But just quit it. There's simply no reason to have include name calling in 75% of your posts - it makes others respond in kind, clutters threads with unnecessary back and forths and generally drags the dialogue into the gutter.

I'm asking you again - nicely. Please stop.

That goes for everyone else too, not just Ray.