Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Shouldn't Tannenbaum?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shouldn't Tannenbaum?

    Be fired for his handling of five different scenarios over the last 2 years alone?

    Number 1- The Nnamdi fiasco! Could you imagine if Nnamdi actually came here & we lost Cromarty? OMG! If that whole situation doesn't tell you that the Jets just want to be in the news. Because the press was squawking who's better Revis or Nnamdi, trader Mike figured,"hell if we have both, that is a huge story".
    It would have been an unmitigated DISASTER!

    Number 2- Signing Holmes to a contract as a top 5 receiver in the league? Getting him in a trade for a 5th rounder was a good move. Giving a malcontent with previous issues a HUGE contract was just plain stupid. Now we have a guy that fans don't even like tied around us like a weight, weighing down our salary cap.

    Number 3- Re-upping Sanchez for some unknown reason that none of us can figure out except maybe to sooth his vagina over bringing in Tebow.

    Which brings us to Number 4- Tebow! Don't bring in a guy you are not gonna use! Period!
    3rd & 1 in New England & he's sitting on the effing BENCH in a MUST HAVE SITUATION!
    I had no problem bringing in Tebow, my thoughts were if Mark is so damn sensitive, send him packing. I figured moments like that one vs the Pats were EXACTLY why we brought him in here. Does anyone believe that the Pats D could stop Tebow from getting a yard on 2 downs? I didn't, but I guess Rex & Sparano did?

    Number 5- The Hunter saga. Do I really have to say more? I mean come on! Every Jet fan in the world knew this guy had to go.........except the guy managing our team! And at the last minute he decides...." I better do something" effing stupid idiot!

    This is why the Jets will always play 2nd fiddle in NY. I always go back to that Hard Knocks episode when Holmes caught a diving TD at camp & Tannenbaum says, "who was the smart guy that got him for a 5th rounder?"
    I thought then, "wow this guy is an egotist".
    Well, he's playing the part of the head clown, driving the clown car right now.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the GIANTS picks, researched by me at random..... compare them to Tanny.


    Bradshaw 7 2007 Marshall
    Nicks 1 2009 UNC
    Rolle 1 2005 MIAMI
    Umenyora 2 2003 TROY
    Snee 2 2004 BC
    Phillips 1 2008 Miami
    Diehl 5 2003 Illinois
    Tuck 3 2005 ND
    Webster 2 2005 LSU
    Amukamara 1 2011 Nebraska

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, those are several of many reasons he needs to be fired. Trading up for Sanchez being another.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    So your number one reason is that he tried to sign Nnamdi...lmao dude

    Yeah Tanny should go, but cmon bro lets not ***** for the sake of *****ing. EVERYONE here wanted Nnamdi. No one knew he would fall off (or maybe he wasnt that good in the first place playing in the garbage afc west)

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he made pace the highest paid olb in the league at the time and the guy never was a good pass rusher.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was always a tanny guy because i liked his aggressive style.....he continues to move way up the list of Jets that need to go.

    just off top of my head....here are a few of the guys that just need to go..

    suckchez, e. smith, pace, devito, thomas and especially bart scott.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I think he made pace the highest paid olb in the league at the time and the guy never was a good pass rusher.
    I never liked that move, but Pace was (surprisingly) a hot commodity that year, and the moves Tanny made prior to the '08 season made the Jets a contender for 3 years. The Jets were desperate for an OLB and he had to overpay to make sure that wasn't a glaring roster hole.

    It's the bad drafting from '09 onward and the mind-boggling roster moves over the last 4 years that should lead to Tanny's departure. He was doing a solid job from '06-'08, but it's been a steady decline since.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I think he made pace the highest paid olb in the league at the time and the guy never was a good pass rusher.
    You can add making Harris one of the highest paid LB in the league as a mistake too

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its on the scouts too. They make recommendations, apparently they suck at their job too!

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    You can add making Harris one of the highest paid LB in the league as a mistake too
    That's why we ALWAYS have holes we can't fill. Good players with GREAT PLAYER CONTRACTS!
    Pace
    Holmes
    Harris
    Sanchez
    Revis (GREAT PLAYER but we still had to OVERPAY & give him an out in his contract)

    * Follow the Steelers path. DO NOT OVERPAY!
    Wallace is way better than Holmes & the Steelers won't even redo his contract!
    This is a "team" game

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So your number one reason is that he tried to sign Nnamdi...lmao dude

    Yeah Tanny should go, but cmon bro lets not ***** for the sake of *****ing. EVERYONE here wanted Nnamdi. No one knew he would fall off (or maybe he wasnt that good in the first place playing in the garbage afc west)
    No, I was going in sort of a timeline of F ups.
    We didn't NEED Nnamdi! sure fans got excited but we needed a pass rusher & a right tackle WAY MORE than another CB at top $!

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Be fired for his handling of five different scenarios over the last 2 years alone?

    Number 1- The Nnamdi fiasco! Could you imagine if Nnamdi actually came here & we lost Cromarty? OMG! If that whole situation doesn't tell you that the Jets just want to be in the news. Because the press was squawking who's better Revis or Nnamdi, trader Mike figured,"hell if we have both, that is a huge story".
    It would have been an unmitigated DISASTER!

    This was Rex's doing not Tanny, Rex prioritized Aso over Cro.


    Number 2- Signing Holmes to a contract as a top 5 receiver in the league? Getting him in a trade for a 5th rounder was a good move. Giving a malcontent with previous issues a HUGE contract was just plain stupid. Now we have a guy that fans don't even like tied around us like a weight, weighing down our salary cap.

    This is #2

    Number 3- Re-upping Sanchez for some unknown reason that none of us can figure out except maybe to sooth his vagina over bringing in Tebow.

    this is #3

    Which brings us to Number 4- Tebow! Don't bring in a guy you are not gonna use! Period!
    3rd & 1 in New England & he's sitting on the effing BENCH in a MUST HAVE SITUATION!
    I had no problem bringing in Tebow, my thoughts were if Mark is so damn sensitive, send him packing. I figured moments like that one vs the Pats were EXACTLY why we brought him in here. Does anyone believe that the Pats D could stop Tebow from getting a yard on 2 downs? I didn't, but I guess Rex & Sparano did?

    Tebow was Woody, what the hell does Tanny know about the read option?

    Number 5- The Hunter saga. Do I really have to say more? I mean come on! Every Jet fan in the world knew this guy had to go.........except the guy managing our team! And at the last minute he decides...." I better do something" effing stupid idiot!

    every GM makes little mistakes

    This is why the Jets will always play 2nd fiddle in NY. I always go back to that Hard Knocks episode when Holmes caught a diving TD at camp & Tannenbaum says, "who was the smart guy that got him for a 5th rounder?"
    I thought then, "wow this guy is an egotist".
    Well, he's playing the part of the head clown, driving the clown car right now.
    The biggest reason for Tanny being fired is the the handling of Revis' contract. In order to add two extra years to his existing contract
    he gave up the right to tag him and he had Tanny add phoney years to the back end, this makes him impossible to trade due to the SB amortization hit.
    A cluster-f##K if there ever was one.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    No, I was going in sort of a timeline of F ups.
    We didn't NEED Nnamdi! sure fans got excited but we needed a pass rusher & a right tackle WAY MORE than another CB at top $!
    To support your argument, the team might have been able to lock up Cro (who has been better than both Nnamdi and Jonathan Joseph, also available that year) for even less if they weren't in the desperate situation of waiting until after they lost all other options.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Be fired for his handling of five different scenarios over the last 2 years alone?

    Number 1- The Nnamdi fiasco!

    Number 2- Signing Holmes to a contract as a top 5 receiver in the league?

    Number 3- Re-upping Sanchez for some unknown reason that none of us can

    Number 4- Tebow! Don't bring in a guy you are not gonna use! Period!

    Number 5- The Hunter saga.
    1. The Jets would use Nnamdi properly unlike Philly did. Although he does appear to have lost a step. At this point I don't think he's an upgrade over Cromartie, but I can't blame the GM for trying to make the team better, then deciding to balk when it got too expensive

    2. The WR FA pool that year was very weak. Holmes and Sanchez just started to build some great chemistry. Taking Holmes away from Sanchez would have resulted in posts second guessing that decision. The contract looks bad, but compared to the alternative (overpaying Braylon Edwards) it looks great at this point. Jets just went to the AFC champ game, you're going to do whatever you can to keep that core together.

    3. Read this: http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Articl...zextension.php

    4. The Tebow thing is bizarre and I have no explanation for it. Seems like Owner/GM/Sparano aren't all on the same page with this.

    5. The Jets went with DE and WR in the draft and due to the cap situation couldn't afford to overpay a FA. They needed to hope a RT got cut in camp to replace Hunter. The Sanchez extension was partially about getting cap space for such a signing, it just didn't happen. RTs, WRs, and DEs don't grow on trees. Had to pick two. Currently Howard seems like a reasonable stopgap to the issue at hand.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    That's why we ALWAYS have holes we can't fill. Good players with GREAT PLAYER CONTRACTS!
    Pace
    Holmes
    Harris
    Sanchez
    Revis (GREAT PLAYER but we still had to OVERPAY & give him an out in his contract)

    * Follow the Steelers path. DO NOT OVERPAY!
    Wallace is way better than Holmes & the Steelers won't even redo his contract!
    This is a "team" game
    the good teams like the steelers, raven, packers, etc. draft well so they don't have to overpay their stars. The steelers almost never throw big money around (QB is the exception). The have a guy groomed and ready to step in. Just look at their WR. Let burress go, holmes steps in, get rid of holmes, mike wallace steps in, will prob let wallace go and antonio brown will take his place, etc.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,779
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So your number one reason is that he tried to sign Nnamdi...lmao dude

    Yeah Tanny should go, but cmon bro lets not ***** for the sake of *****ing. EVERYONE here wanted Nnamdi. No one knew he would fall off (or maybe he wasnt that good in the first place playing in the garbage afc west)
    Nope. I was adamant about not wanting him and saying Cro is better. Even when he was on Oakland he was arguably the most overrated player in the league. It became the "cool" thing to say he was great since he was on the Raiders and you didnt see him play too often. Really not so hard to shut down opposing team's #2 receivers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us