Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: " Cro "....here we goooooooooooooo

All League
    why is everyone acting like this is a big deal? Did you expect anything less.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Truth. Cro is playing like the top cornerback in the league right now.
    Through the first half of the season, he definatley deserves one of the two All-Pro CB slots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He did not say they were going to run the table, win the divison, or that the jets were so much better.

He said that he has faith in his teammates and Staff that they can make the playoffs. The jets are 3-5 if the go 5-3 they could sneak in.
    Ummm precisely!!!

It is amazing that fans of the Jets don't understand this!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Truth. Cro is playing like the top cornerback in the league right now.
    I agree with you 100%

And his statement is called leadership!!!

He is saying in effect "guys I'm giving my all and it has shown in my play I expect to win and so should you!!!!"

Or do we need you "fans" to post another hundred threads on how many children he has!!!

Good Grief!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Cro is probably my favorite player on this team right now. Man can ball.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Rex on Cromartie’s playoff prediction : Our whole team feels like that

Not long after Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie said he thinks his team is heading to the playoffs, Jets coach Rex Ryan said he thinks that, too. And so does everyone else in the Jets’ locker room.

Ryan told reporters today that he shares Cromartie’s confidence and wants a roster with 53 players who believe that they can go from 3-5 to the playoffs.“I feel as an entire football team that we should all feel like that. And I think we do feel like that,” Ryan said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Nobody wants to hear it, but who cares? That’s really how we feel. That’s our mentality. Whether you like it or not, that’s our mentality. I would think the Jets fans and the Jet community, obviously, they would want us to feel that way. And we do.”

Although Ryan stopped predicting the Jets would get to the Super Bowl after his prediction last year fell flat and his team missed the playoffs, he’s still not shy about expressing his confidence in his team, even after the Jets’ rough start this year.“We’re not happy with where we are with that 3-5 record,” Ryan said. “We know it’s tough to get into the playoffs especially when you back yourself up with that 3-5 record. But again, we’re going to keep swinging until they tell us that we’re out. All of us, in my opinion, believe we can make it.”

That’s the attitude you’d expect from the Jets’ locker room. Not many people outside the Jets’ locker room agree.
    Mathematically, yes, playoffs are a possibility.

But this is exactly what Namath is referring to; the Jets think they have so much talent they can just turn it on whenever they feel like it.

Meanwhile, teams like NE, Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver, even Indy are rapidly improving week by week.

Jets might not surprise anyone but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He did not say they were going to run the table, win the divison, or that the jets were so much better.

He said that he has faith in his teammates and Staff that they can make the playoffs. The jets are 3-5 if the go 5-3 they could sneak in.
    Exactly. This isn't even remotely similar to saying that we're going to win the SB or anything close to that.

"...we believe in what coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff..."

Very elucidating reasons, Cro. And so erudite. I see you have complete mastery and understanding of all that technical football "whatzit".
    Folks, now you know why we suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    "...we believe in what coach Ryan and his staff is putting us to schemes and stuff..."

Very elucidating reasons, Cro. And so erudite. I see you have complete mastery and understanding of all that technical football "whatzit".
    Folks, now you know why we suck.
    People shouldn't get their panties in a bunch. Cro was ASKED, by a reporter, whether the Jets are going to make the playoffs. WTF is he supposed to say? No?

An if there's one guy who earns his paycheck on this team, it's Cro. Unfortunately, I'm sure he only gets to keep 10% of it, after the child support payments.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Ok, have fun buying the snake oil this organization is selling you. Seriously, they need to shut their mouths and stop making a mockery of the fans. It's embarrassing. This team constantly talks **** and then ***** the bed on the field.
    I think alot of the fans need to shut up already because it's embarrassing listening to some of you whine about everything, predict dooom and gloom, and then act practically giddy when the team loses just because now you can say I told you so, or because you can scream for everyone to be fired. You make all of us look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    I think alot of the fans need to shut up already because it's embarrassing listening to some of you whine about everything, predict dooom and gloom, and then act practically giddy when the team loses just because now you can say I told you so, or because you can scream for everyone to be fired. You make all of us look bad.
    So thinking this team talks too much=being giddy when they lose. Gotchya.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    No one cares what the jets say anymore. They can't backup the big talk and are close to becoming a joke to the rest of the league. Sunday will tell us a lot because it is a very tough situation for them in Seattle.
    That's it in a nutshell, ssdd...I'm tired of it

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    How about YOU STFU? You are a typical SOJF/Loser jet fan.

Cro has played great and is being optimistic. He isn't saying this is the greatest team ever. He has played hard in every game.

And if you hate this team why are you wasting your time on this board? Its like saying I hate tuna fish but spending your days browsing a message board dedicated to tuna fish.
    Absolutely!! This season Cro has been the man, and he's backed up his talk with his play on the field.

And for once (just once) I agree with Tx that id other Jets had played as hard as Cro their record wouldn't be 3-5

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    So thinking this team talks too much=being giddy when they lose. Gotchya.
    I apologize....I didn't mean to combine SOJF symptoms. But my point is if Cro says, "Yeah, we suck....don't deserve to be in the playoffs", you guys would be here freaking out about how Rex needs to be fired because his players don't believe in him or the team. At this point in this terrible dark point in Jets history (sarcasm), everyone on the team seems to be damned if they do damned if they don't.
    Last edited by Led Halen; 11-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.

All League
    Why do so many fans get sensitive and btchy about things that don't make a difference on way or the other in the end?

The Giants have been well known to talk trash (Jacobs, Rolle, Osi, etc), predict wins (Plax SB), and even had their Safeties (Rolle, Phillips) saying they have more talent than the Jets, and wish they could play for Rex cause he has been the difference, a obvious shot at Coughlin, intentional or not.

The Jets talked trash before big games, and have won some and lost some. It has not affected the outcome, and if you don't wanna take my word for it find an NFL player that thinks it does......good luck.

The only embarrassing part of this subject is the ignorant and whinny fans that cry about it.

Every team has winning and losing seasons......this is the NFL.......it's almost impossible to be and stay on top without a small handful of franchise HOF QBs, it's reality. If you can't handle it, I suggest you don't become a fan of any NFL team. Go root for the Yankees and GTFOutta here!

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

That’s the attitude you’d expect from the Jets’ locker room. Not many people outside the Jets’ locker room agree.

> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...els-like-that/
    Yeah well "many people outside" can kiss their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    How about YOU STFU? You are a typical SOJF/Loser jet fan.

Cro has played great and is being optimistic. He isn't saying this is the greatest team ever. He has played hard in every game.

And if you hate this team why are you wasting your time on this board? Its like saying I hate tuna fish but spending your days browsing a message board dedicated to tuna fish.
    Gotta agree. I never saw this coming, Cro stepping up as he has. He's proved himself as a top tier CB and is trying to step up as a leader. No one else on this team is. All the big money to so many players and not a single leader in the bunch (including Revis). They really need to add leadership qualities to their list when looking at players.

Cro does realize that Mark Sanchez is his team's starting QB, right?

Playoffs? Never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Cro does realize that Mark Sanchez is his team's starting QB, right?

Playoffs? Never happen.
    Because we've never been to the playoffs with Mark, right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because we've never been to the playoffs with Mark, right?
    Why do you kee bringing up events from 2 and 3 years ago?

Like that has any bearing on Sanchez' performance today.