Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gruden thinking of returning to coaching

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What qualifications does Gruden have to run the whole ship? No thanks..

Now if his brother's contract is up and free to sign...Make Johnny the HC and his bro as OC?QB coach
    See above post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    He is a pure football guy .... Much more quailed than anything the Jets have now.
    it doesn't mean he can manage the scouting depts, pro personnel dept, coaches, cap, draft, FA signings/trades etc....

Bradway was a pure football guy...He wasn't a great GM.

SAR I

Jon Gruden = Overrated

I'd rather have his brother Jay as a HC. For somebody who is a supposed QB guru, he's never done a good job at developing one. Jay is way better at putting together an offense and developing a QB than his brother. Just look at what he's done for Andy Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Talk about overrated.

After 4 years in Oakland Gruden managed a 1-2 playoff record.

He won a SB with Tampa Bay's Dungy-built defense his first year in '02 and couldn't win a Wildcard his remaining 6 years.
    Isn't it pretty much widely accepted that Tampa Bay's situation in Gruden's first couple of years was largely ridiculous ? Total salary cap hell thanks to McKay, lack of draft picks due to previous trades (including the one to the Raiders for Gruden). That kind of stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Jon Gruden = Overrated

I'd rather have his brother Jay as a HC. For somebody who is a supposed QB guru, he's never done a good job at developing one. Jay is way better at putting together an offense and developing a QB than his brother. Just look at what he's done for Andy Dalton.
    Rich Gannon might tend to disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dont care where he goes, as long as it gets him off Monday Night Football, I will be thrilled.

However the thought of him coming here just to lure his brother to run the offense, would be tempting.
    Hearing his ghastly accent on tv and non-stop sucking off his pals and pet teams is revolting. Good riddance if he truly leaves tv

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Hearing his ghastly accent on tv and non-stop sucking off his pals and pet teams is revolting. Good riddance if he truly leaves tv
    But if he ends up the Jets HC, he'd be sucking off the Jets. Not a pretty visual......