Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Guy beats up handicapped Vet in wheelchair thinking it was Halloween costume

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

Guy beats up handicapped Vet in wheelchair thinking it was Halloween costume

Cliff notes: Marine dressed in pink tutu for Halloween walks into restaurant, sees guy in Army uniform in wheelchair, thinks its an offensive Halloween costume and pummels him. The guy in the wheelchair WAS a handicapped Army veteran. Awkward.

A Marine was arrested after he allegedly attacked a paralyzed Army veteran he thought was wearing the uniform and using the wheelchair as a Halloween costume, Ocala.com reported.

Dan Priotti, 35, a wheelchair-bound Army veteran, was hit twice in the head at a Gainesville, Fla., restaurant on Halloween while he was ordering food, News4jax.com reported. He said he was approached by another man who began yelling, indicating that he was faking the injury.

"He swung, slapped me, and I backed up and he missed," he told the station. "And he came at me like this, and put me right back, and I whacked my head on the concrete floor. I remember just seeing a guy in a pink tutu. I don't remember saying anything to him. I literally lost 10 minutes."

The suspect was identified by police as Christopher Dabney, a Marine veteran police said took offense at Priotti’s outfit. Dabney, 22, reportedly refused to make any statements about the incident.

Alejandro Lemoine said Dabney walked away before being stopped by patrons in the restaurant, Ocala.com reported.

"As he was leaving I stopped him and said, 'Man, you have to own up to this. You just hit a handicapped person twice. You made him fall over,'" Lemoine reportedly said.

He went on, "He was out cold. He was not responsive for at least 10 seconds. His eyes were wide open, staring at the ceiling out cold. It was really sad. I couldn't fall asleep. I felt anger."

Priotti told News4jax.com that he is recovering and does not want Dabney to go to jail.

"They should make a mockery out of him, put him in his pink tutu and put him up and down University Avenue and 13th Street, right in front of the school, with a sign that says, 'I beat up people in wheelchairs, veterans in wheelchairs,' something like that," Priotti told the station.

Dabney, meanwhile, was reportedly charged with abuse of a disabled adult without great harm.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/03...n-unconscious/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Further proof that marines are the biggest pu$$ies in the world.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    You should at least get confirmation that the person in the questionable costume is actually in a costume before beating them up. That's sound policy, me thinks.

I mean, for all we know, that could really be a pregnant nun who just looks like a dude with a beard. And then you'll have a lotta splaining to do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You should at least get confirmation that the person in the questionable costume is actually in a costume before beating them up. That's sound policy, me thinks.

I mean, for all we know, that could really be a pregnant nun who just looks like a dude with a beard. And then you'll have a lotta splaining to do.
    Lolz

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Dabney, meanwhile, was reportedly charged with abuse of a disabled adult without great harm.
    Boy, they have one detailed Penal Law down there in Florida.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Cliff notes: Marine dressed in pink tutu for Halloween walks into restaurant, sees guy in Army uniform in wheelchair, thinks its an offensive Halloween costume and pummels him. The guy in the wheelchair WAS a handicapped Army veteran. Awkward.
    This guys beats up a disabled Army vet??
    What a world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    This guys beats up a disabled Army vet??
    What a world we live in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it was Stillborne.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I bet it was Stillborne.
    Youth sports will put you in a wheelchair dammit!

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    More importantly, you need to make sure the person really deserves it! Of the 4 handicapped people I've beaten up in my life only one of them actually didn't have it coming.