Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 369

Thread: Question for SAR

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    LOL. Love it. I'm finally a member of a cult.

    Mark Sanchez played very well in 6 playoff games when complimented by a quality set of WR's, a true running game, a swing-back for dump-offs, and an effective OL. We've seen this. Wasn't a mirage, wasn't some made-for-TV movie.

    Take away the WR's, the running game, the dump-back, and the OL, and Joe Montana would be reduced to a similar pile of rubble after two years of being pounded by DE's and LB's who come through the line unobstructed game after game after game.

    SAR I
    What's strange is that a person who has such a short leash on coaches and player performance would be such an apologist for mediocre QB play.

    It's as if you forgot the fact that Sanchez didn't throw for more than 200 yards in 4 of those 6 playoff games, or that he was invisible for the 2nd half in the '09 AFCCG and the 1st half of the '10 AFCCG. Did you forget the fact that when he had those supporting elements you're referring to, he was still bottom of the league in QB rating and QB percentage? Did you forget the fact that the comebacks he's known for were against bottom-feeder teams that he failed to put away in regulation?

    The Montana comparison is laughable at best. When Sanchez gets his bell rung one time, he's done for the game. Done. That you could even reference Montana in the same light is insanity. But for argument's sake, let's see what Joe Montana would do if he was being pounded relentessly by DEs and LBs:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txPjiVZ3DUo

    In what alternative universe is Mark Sanchez capable of this, now or 10 years from now?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    What's strange is that a person who has such a short leash on coaches and player performance would be such an apologist for mediocre QB play.

    It's as if you forgot the fact that Sanchez didn't throw for more than 200 yards in 4 of those 6 playoff games, or that he was invisible for the 2nd half in the '09 AFCCG and the 1st half of the '10 AFCCG. Did you forget the fact that when he had those supporting elements you're referring to, he was still bottom of the league in QB rating and QB percentage? Did you forget the fact that the comebacks he's known for were against bottom-feeder teams that he failed to put away in regulation?

    The Montana comparison is laughable at best. When Sanchez gets his bell rung one time, he's done for the game. Done. That you could even reference Montana in the same light is insanity. But for argument's sake, let's see what Joe Montana would do if he was being pounded relentessly by DEs and LBs:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txPjiVZ3DUo

    In what alternative universe is Mark Sanchez capable of this, now or 10 years from now?
    +1... Nothing more needs to be said.
    /thread

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    At this point, Sanchez defenders are essentially the Jets version of the Flat Earth Society.

    It doesn't matter what you say, or how much evidence you have, it's not his fault.

    It is every one else that is the problem.

    I'm heading more into the camp that his staunchest defenders are just trolling the board at this point, trying to aggravate real Jet fans that would like to see the team get better play at the game's most important position. Either that, or Mark had close friends and relatives create accounts on JI to create a groundswell that he is in fact actually not a terrible QB and our eyes are deceiving all of us.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    What's strange is that a person who has such a short leash on coaches and player performance would be such an apologist for mediocre QB play.

    It's as if you forgot the fact that Sanchez didn't throw for more than 200 yards in 4 of those 6 playoff games, or that he was invisible for the 2nd half in the '09 AFCCG and the 1st half of the '10 AFCCG. Did you forget the fact that when he had those supporting elements you're referring to, he was still bottom of the league in QB rating and QB percentage? Did you forget the fact that the comebacks he's known for were against bottom-feeder teams that he failed to put away in regulation?

    The Montana comparison is laughable at best. When Sanchez gets his bell rung one time, he's done for the game. Done. That you could even reference Montana in the same light is insanity. But for argument's sake, let's see what Joe Montana would do if he was being pounded relentessly by DEs and LBs:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txPjiVZ3DUo

    In what alternative universe is Mark Sanchez capable of this, now or 10 years from now?
    I think your actually helping SAR 1s case here. Why?
    Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig!

    Stephen (stone hands hill), Chaz (glass)Schillens, Jeremy (2nd year) Kerley, Shonn (2 yards & a cloud of dust) Greene, Dustin (I show up every 4th game) Keller, FA last minute pickup fullback (can't even remember his name?)
    Think about these rosters! I mean SERIOUSLY!
    STOP!
    If the 2012 Jets had that 49ers Oline & the offensive players listed above, the Jets would b picked to win the AFC East this year, YES, even with Sanchez!
    Last edited by jetster; 11-09-2012 at 03:24 PM.

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    What's strange is that a person who has such a short leash on coaches and player performance would be such an apologist for mediocre QB play.

    It's as if you forgot the fact that Sanchez didn't throw for more than 200 yards in 4 of those 6 playoff games, or that he was invisible for the 2nd half in the '09 AFCCG and the 1st half of the '10 AFCCG. Did you forget the fact that when he had those supporting elements you're referring to, he was still bottom of the league in QB rating and QB percentage? Did you forget the fact that the comebacks he's known for were against bottom-feeder teams that he failed to put away in regulation?

    The Montana comparison is laughable at best. When Sanchez gets his bell rung one time, he's done for the game. Done. That you could even reference Montana in the same light is insanity. But for argument's sake, let's see what Joe Montana would do if he was being pounded relentessly by DEs and LBs:

    In what alternative universe is Mark Sanchez capable of this, now or 10 years from now?
    I have seen Rex Ryan singlehandedly win exactly 2 games since arriving in New York. This is a man who leads the entire organization, has over 35 years of NFL experience.

    I have seen Mark Sanchez singlehandedly win 6 games since arriving in New York. At the time, he had less than 2 years of experience.

    It is easy to see when a head coach is done. The team loses in stupid fashion time and time again. The team can't beat elite competition. The players quit on him.

    It is easy to see when a quarterback is done. He starts losing games he should win. He becomes the sole reason for a maddening loss. The quality players around him get frustrated and are brought down.

    That's not what's going on here. Mark Sanchez is 3-1 in games he should have won this year. Mark Sanchez is 0-4 in games he should have lost this year. The only way Mark can miraculously turn some of those 'definite losses' into 'surprising wins' is if he has a strong OL, running game, receivers, a dump-back, and an OC. He has nothing. He's hung out to dry.

    Go back to the last time Mark Sanchez had a lot of talent around him. Would be January '11. No one was calling for his head then, we were all buying Sanchez jersey's and thanking God for delivering a quarterback to us.

    The only thing that's changed is that the talent around Mark Sanchez has collapsed. Started with the OL in early '11, then the geezers like LT and Plax got tired, then the running game fell apart. Mark Sanchez is not a great quarterback, but he has tons of potential should the Jets ever decide to get him some playmakers.

    SAR I

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'm heading more into the camp that his staunchest defenders are just trolling the board at this point, trying to aggravate real Jet fans that would like to see the team get better play at the game's most important position. Either that, or Mark had close friends and relatives create accounts on JI to create a groundswell that he is in fact actually not a terrible QB and our eyes are deceiving all of us.
    You're heading in the wrong direction.

    Mark Sanchez did not lose the Patriots game. The defense did.

    Mark Sanchez did not lose the Dolphins game. Special teams who killed us and the defense who couldn't stop a back up QB did.

    If the defense and special teams play up to the levels that their "bestest coaches in the whole NFL" say they should, we're 5-3 right now, leading the AFC East at the turn.

    SAR I

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I think your actually helping SAR 1s case here. Why?
    Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig!

    Stephen (stone hands hill), Chaz (glass)Schillens, Jeremy (2nd year) Kerley, Shonn (2 yards & a cloud of dust) Greene, Dustin (I show up every 4th game) Keller, FA last minute pickup fullback (can't even remember his name?)
    Think about these rosters! I mean SERIOUSLY!
    STOP!
    If the 2012 Jets had that 49ers Oline & the offensive players listed above, the Jets would b picked to win the AFC East this year, YES, even with Sanchez!
    No, they wouldn't. See, the problem is that the QB would still need to complete passes. You know, hit open receivers on the fly. Not get all pussified in the face of a staunch pass rush, or after taking all those sacks.

    If Sanchez was playing in that game, he would have had 4 INTs and a couple of fumbles.

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    No, they wouldn't. See, the problem is that the QB would still need to complete passes. You know, hit open receivers on the fly. Not get all pussified in the face of a staunch pass rush, or after taking all those sacks.

    If Sanchez was playing in that game, he would have had 4 INTs and a couple of fumbles.
    Jeremy Kerley is Mark Sanchez' go-to WR.

    I'll wait for the laughter do die down before I say how crippled the poor kid is.

    SAR I

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You're heading in the wrong direction.

    Mark Sanchez did not lose the Patriots game. The defense did.

    Mark Sanchez did not lose the Dolphins game. Special teams and the defense did.

    If the defense and special teams play up to the levels that their "bestest coaches in the whole NFL" say they should, we're 5-3 right now, leading the AFC East at the turn.

    SAR I

    mark Sanchez lost both the Miami and the Pats game.

  10. #50
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I think your actually helping SAR 1s case here. Why?
    Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig!

    Stephen (stone hands hill), Chaz (glass)Schillens, Jeremy (2nd year) Kerley, Shonn (2 yards & a cloud of dust) Greene, Dustin (I show up every 4th game) Keller, FA last minute pickup fullback (can't even remember his name?)
    Think about these rosters! I mean SERIOUSLY!
    STOP!
    If the 2012 Jets had that 49ers Oline & the offensive players listed above, the Jets would b picked to win the AFC East this year, YES, even with Sanchez!
    It's not just me. Mike Francesa is defending Sanchez right now on WFAN.

    We left training camp with a very underwhelming offense who put up an oh-fer all preseason. We knew that we lost a reliable dump-back in Tomlinson, a tall redzone threat in Burress, and didn't see a rookie RB or WR emerge as a legitimate starter. We had Wayne Hunter on the roster, for christakes.

    So why anyone is surprised right now that the offense is struggling and Mark Sanchez is regressed is ridiculous. Not hard to predict this was going to happen. Go read some threads from July, nothing is different.

    Mark Sanchez has no targets getting open and is being slapped around like a rag doll 5x a game. Can't win that way.

    SAR I

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Jeremy Kerley is Mark Sanchez' go-to WR.

    I'll wait for the laughter do die down before I say how crippled the poor kid is.

    SAR I

    It doesn't matter if Sanchez had a young Jerry Rice out there playing WR.

    Go look at his stats during his "good" years of 2009 and 2010. He was still one of the lowest ranked QBs in the league.

    Jesus, you all act like he was a top 10 QB when he had all this talent around him. HE WASN'T. He was marginal the and unfortunately, that's about the best that can be expected of him.

  12. #52
    Points lost to sacks, fumbles and penalties per 100 plays in 2012:

    Sam Bradford -7.47

    Mark Sanchez -6.13

    Michael Vick -5.96

    Cam Newton -5.25

    Robert Griffin III -5.24


    The combined impact of sacks, fumbles and penalties -- none of which factor into passer rating -- was much greater, an average of minus-4.91 points per 100 plays. As passing yards have increased in recent years, avoiding this category of plays -- maintaining ball discipline -- has grown even more important.

  13. #53
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    mark Sanchez lost both the Miami and the Pats game.
    Had the defense did its job against Miami's backup QB and had special teams played solidly, we'd have won the thing 17-6 or something similar.

    Mark Sanchez led a lengthy 4th quarter drive and gave his well-rested defense a 3 point lead on the road in New England and they blew it in 90 seconds. Twice.

    SAR I

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not just me. Mike Francesa is defending Sanchez right now on WFAN.

    We left training camp with a very underwhelming offense who put up an oh-fer all preseason. We knew that we lost a reliable dump-back in Tomlinson, a tall redzone threat in Burress, and didn't see a rookie RB or WR emerge as a legitimate starter. We had Wayne Hunter on the roster, for christakes.

    So why anyone is surprised right now that the offense is struggling and Mark Sanchez is regressed is ridiculous. Not hard to predict this was going to happen. Go read some threads from July, nothing is different.

    Mark Sanchez has no targets getting open and is being slapped around like a rag doll 5x a game. Can't win that way.

    SAR I
    Sanchez has been sacked 18 times and aaron rogers 29 times....some players can handle adversity and still succeed.

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Points lost to sacks, fumbles and penalties per 100 plays in 2012:

    Sam Bradford -7.47

    Mark Sanchez -6.13

    Michael Vick -5.96

    Cam Newton -5.25

    Robert Griffin III -5.24

    The combined impact of sacks, fumbles and penalties -- none of which factor into passer rating -- was much greater, an average of minus-4.91 points per 100 plays. As passing yards have increased in recent years, avoiding this category of plays -- maintaining ball discipline -- has grown even more important.
    Thank you for reiterating that teams with the worst offensive lines in the NFL suck.

    Mark Sanchez doesn't cause his own sacks. Mark Sanchez doesn't fumble when untouched. Mark Sanchez never took a holding penalty.

    SAR I

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sanchez has been sacked 18 times and aaron rogers 29 times....some players can handle adversity and still succeed.
    When you find me receiving targets like James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and Greg Jennings in Mark Sanchez' locker room you let me know.

    SAR I

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not just me. Mike Francesa is defending Sanchez right now on WFAN.

    We left training camp with a very underwhelming offense who put up an oh-fer all preseason. We knew that we lost a reliable dump-back in Tomlinson, a tall redzone threat in Burress, and didn't see a rookie RB or WR emerge as a legitimate starter. We had Wayne Hunter on the roster, for christakes.

    So why anyone is surprised right now that the offense is struggling and Mark Sanchez is regressed is ridiculous. Not hard to predict this was going to happen. Go read some threads from July, nothing is different.

    Mark Sanchez has no targets getting open and is being slapped around like a rag doll 5x a game. Can't win that way.

    SAR I

    Mark can't hit the receivers when they are open half the time, and when he does hit them, the ball placement is so poor that there's little to no YAC. He throws a 5 yard pass that gains 5 yards. Other QBs put the ball where the receivers can catch and run, they throw a 5 yard pass and it's a 12 yard gain.

    As for him getting slapped around, there are 12 other NFL QBs with a higher sack rate, and ALL of them have better passer ratings than Sanchez. ALL OF THEM.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    It doesn't matter if Sanchez had a young Jerry Rice out there playing WR.

    Go look at his stats during his "good" years of 2009 and 2010. He was still one of the lowest ranked QBs in the league.

    Jesus, you all act like he was a top 10 QB when he had all this talent around him. HE WASN'T. He was marginal the and unfortunately, that's about the best that can be expected of him.
    He NEVER had all this talent around him.

    Even in the good years, he was straddled with an inconsistent running game and a carpetbagging array of castoff and has-been receiving targets. Every year Edwards out Burress in, Cotchery out Kerley in. LT out, nobody in.

    Mark has ALWAYS outplayed the talent around him, but this year it's simply too barren for him to do anything with, we lost a few of the pathetic targets we had even last year. It's criminal.

    SAR I

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    Mike Francesa is defending Sanchez right now on WFAN.
    Thats becasue everyone hates Sanchez. If people were still in love with Sanchez, francessa would be saying bad things about him. you know the game. Stop acting foolish.

    Mark Sanchez stinks. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thank you for reiterating that teams with the worst offensive lines in the NFL suck.

    Mark Sanchez doesn't cause his own sacks. Mark Sanchez doesn't fumble when untouched. Mark Sanchez never took a holding penalty.

    SAR I

    Actually, yes, mark does cause many of his own sacks as the QB is responsible for reading teh defense and calling out protections. Sometimes it's a breakdown in execution (bad blocking by the RB), but other times, it's because Sanchez reads the defense incorrectly and calls the wrong protections/hot routes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us