Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 369

Thread: Question for SAR

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question for SAR

    Sar, you continue to defend Mark Sanchez on this board. It's now his 4th year and he hasn't completed over 55% of his passes yet. ROOKIES are now regularly completing over 60% of their passes. Look at what Russell f'n Wilson is doing! When will you start putting the blame on Sanchez and realize he's not a starting QB?

    Damien Woody said it best:

    Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    So basically the Jets need to put together an ALL-PRO roster 4 Sanchez to succeed?! There’s this thing called a salary cap ppl
    Expand

    20m Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    I’m a Sanchez supporter & all I’m saying is…..IT’S TIME!!! Personnel has nothing to do w/ turnovers…he controls that!
    Expand

    32m Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    The front office hasn’t helped 6 but your QB needs to be a playmaker! It’s like all 3 phases has to be good for Sanchez 2 succeed
    Expand

    46m Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    Here’s my deal w/ Sanchez….he doesn’t make the guys around him better. Personnel limitations aside, when does he become a playmaker for #NYJ

  2. #2
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Saugerties, NY
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    My answer is very simple:

    He has no tools to work with. The worst OL, worst RB, worst receivers, worst OC since the pre-Parcells era, you need to go back to Kotite to find something as bad.

    In games where our awful OL, RB, and WR's overmatch pathetic competition, we're 3-0. In games where our awful OL, RB, and WR's are overmatched by decent or superior competition, we're 0-5.

    This ain't rocket science.

    SAR I

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask yourself this. Could a quarterback like Peyton manning, who everyone uses as the example, make this team better? My answer is no. The talent on that Denver team already was better then what the jets have. Peyton wouldn't be able to succeed in Ny, so how could Sanchez? He's got nothing to work with.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few people on this board who still believe in Sanchez.
    Maybe its because hes handsome.
    Maybe its because he flashed in his 1st 2 years and they dont understand that if you dont build upon it, a flash is just a flash.
    Maybe its because they cant believe that the #5 pick in the whole draft is not going to pan out.

    Its the same as the few guys around here that made excuses for gholsten. He needs to be a 4-3 DE etc.

    Nothing you say is going to change their minds. Why try?

    Who cares what others think about sanchez. Be happy that you are smart enough to see the fact that the guy will never ever succeed in a new york jet uniform.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Ask yourself this. Could a quarterback like Peyton manning, who everyone uses as the example, make this team better? My answer is no. The talent on that Denver team already was better then what the jets have. Peyton wouldn't be able to succeed in Ny, so how could Sanchez? He's got nothing to work with.
    Players like Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck were 80% of the way there when they entered the NFL. Just needed the right circumstances, the right support, have a legit shot to get to that rare 100% level.

    Players like Mark Sanchez are 60% of the way there when they enter the NFL. Not the slam-dunk, can't-miss type of prospects that these other clear #1's are. They need more circumstances and more support to get to a 90% level, will never be those 100% guys.

    Apples and oranges.

    SAR I

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Ask yourself this. Could a quarterback like Peyton manning, who everyone uses as the example, make this team better? My answer is no. The talent on that Denver team already was better then what the jets have. Peyton wouldn't be able to succeed in Ny, so how could Sanchez? He's got nothing to work with.
    Do you seriously think peyton wouldnt make this team better then it is now with sanchez? Are you deluisonal?

    Name a single game where sanchez has elevated the play of those around him...

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    no matter what still need to complete over 60% of passes.

    your telling Brandon Weeden, John Skelton and Blaine Gabbert have more to work with than Sanchez? all higher than Sanchez (all QBs are since he is last, friggin last in his 4th year)

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Players like Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck were 80% of the way there when they entered the NFL. Just needed the right circumstances, the right support, have a legit shot to get to that rare 100% level.

    Players like Mark Sanchez are 60% of the way there when they enter the NFL. Not the slam-dunk, can't-miss type of prospects that these other clear #1's are. They need more circumstances and more support to get to a 90% level, will never be those 100% guys.

    Apples and oranges.

    SAR I
    What circumstances was luck given this year?

    Outside of Wayne, there isnt a single offensive playmaker on that team that is better then what we offer. Keller > Fleener Greene > Vic Ballard, Kerley > donnie avery. Our offensive line > their offensive line.

    Yet somehow they have won 6 games...could it possibly be that the QB elevates the play of those around him?

    Maybe he can actually move in the pocket, avoid a blitz and hit a receiver rather then getting sacked and fumbling?

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    give it up old fella....he sucks.

    saying Luck got put into the right situation is just comical!!!

    the colts were the laughing stock last year....they are 6-3!!!

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, N.C
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to come out and say it. I completely agree with Sar on this one, and I have for a while. These are the only QB's I would take ahead of Sanchez.

    Brady, Ben, Schaub, P. Manning, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Eli, and maybe Ryan. That's it. I didn't include any rookies, because I would like to see what they do their 2nd year. On potential,I would take RGIII and Luck.

    So there I feel better, even though I'll get roasted for this.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What circumstances was luck given this year?

    Outside of Wayne, there isnt a single offensive playmaker on that team that is better then what we offer. Keller > Fleener Greene > Vic Ballard, Kerley > donnie avery. Our offensive line > their offensive line.

    Yet somehow they have won 6 games...could it possibly be that the QB elevates the play of those around him?

    Maybe he can actually move in the pocket, avoid a blitz and hit a receiver rather then getting sacked and fumbling?
    eagle, just give it up....poor old sars will be one of suckys last supporters.....even when he is finally booted from the team....left to be a career backup, sars will say he didnt have the right situation!!!

    poor poor sars.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    I'm going to come out and say it. I completely agree with Sar on this one, and I have for a while. These are the only QB's I would take ahead of Sanchez.

    Brady, Ben, Schaub, P. Manning, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Eli, and maybe Ryan. That's it. I didn't include any rookies, because I would like to see what they do their 2nd year. On potential,I would take RGIII and Luck.

    So there I feel better, even though I'll get roasted for this.
    this is one of the funniest...or should i say dumbest post i have EVER seen in all my years!!!! wow.

    cutler sucks!!!!

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Yet somehow they have won 6 games...could it possibly be that the QB elevates the play of those around him?

    Maybe he can actually move in the pocket, avoid a blitz and hit a receiver rather then getting sacked and fumbling?
    there is the problem with Sanchez. he needs people to make him better he does not make others better

    I am done with him. i'll say it again, last in completion percentage. he might be good somewhere else but its becoming obvious cant play here and we need to move on
    Last edited by sect313; 11-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love guys who quote the completion %.

    Do you watch the games?

    Last year it was "Sanchez has to get rid of the ball instead of taking all these sacks"

    So now he is getting rid of the ball instead of taking the sacks, and it is "his completion numbers suck"

    If you watch even closer, you will see he is now throwing the ball to where his receivers are supposed to be. If they run the wrong route, or can't get free on the line, it is Mark's fault.

    SOJF. LOVE you guys.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    I'm going to come out and say it. I completely agree with Sar on this one, and I have for a while. These are the only QB's I would take ahead of Sanchez.

    Brady, Ben, Schaub, P. Manning, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Eli, and maybe Ryan. That's it. I didn't include any rookies, because I would like to see what they do their 2nd year. On potential,I would take RGIII and Luck.

    So there I feel better, even though I'll get roasted for this.
    "Maybe matt ryan" the leading MVP candidate who has no running game yet has managed an 8-0 season. A guy who is 51-19 in his career? A player who commands respect in the huddle and leads his team?

    Amazing. Not only does our QB complete less then 60% of his passes, but he also sulks through games and exhibits zero leadership ability on the field.

  17. #17
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, Sanchez defenders are essentially the Jets version of the Flat Earth Society.

    It doesn't matter what you say, or how much evidence you have, it's not his fault.

    It is every one else that is the problem.


  18. #18
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, N.C
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see Ryan win a playoff game, don't like Cutler....Flacco is way overrated imo.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    give it up old fella....he sucks.

    saying Luck got put into the right situation is just comical!!!

    the colts were the laughing stock last year....they are 6-3!!!
    I got to agree with this. The Colts were absolutely pathetic last year. They are at the very least respectable and at the most a real playoff contender with a Rookie QB.

    I'm off the Sanchez bangwagon. To give up a player within the first two years of their career is stupid and just because it pans out that way doesn't make someone a visionary. The fact that Mark still makes bonehead plays, can't protect the football, and despite all the drops can't complete at the very least 60% of his passes coupled with mind numbing inaccuracy after 3.5 seasons of football is alarming. He actually looks worse and this is because he doesn't have the confidence or mental makeup necessary. He's defeated. His team doesn't believe in him. It's over and you can tell he's checked out.

    No pocket awareness at all. For a QB with excellent footwork he rarely if ever uses it to his advantage. In his first 3 seasons he was very impressive with that, now it's non existent. He can't sense the rush, he doesn't evade the pocket wisely, he can't seem to go a game without getting a pass batted at the line, he's easily rattled.... I could go on, but I don't even care anymore.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post

    Brady, Ben, Schaub, P. Manning, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Eli, and maybe Ryan. That's it.
    So you think Sanchez is the 9th best QB in the NFL?

    Wow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us