Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for SAR

SAR, sanchez sucks, plain and simple. Just see what the rest of the world sees. It's ok, its not your fault.

That INT he threw in the redzone was 100% on him. Not his oline, not his recievers, him.

You will eventually get tired of defending him week after week, its inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You read tea leaves better than I do?! Sh*t, it sounds like you've been SMOKING those tea leaves.
    Or anal chugging spiked gatorade.

The idea that we have a gem of a QB who is being dragged down by an incompetent surrounding cast is a joke.

The OL, RB, TE, and WR let us down YET AGAIN when Sanchez stared at the pileon and threw another red zone INT. (And btw, wouldn't be surprised if Keller purposely drew a 5-yd penalty for a chance at a TD catch on 3rd & 7)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sanchez neither suprises nor dissapoints, providing yet another under 50%, 2 turnover game.

And yet again, the D scores more points that Sanchez can produce.

The book, in New York, is quickly closing on Mark Sanchez.

Fan approval, or not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sanchez neither suprises nor dissapoints, providing yet another under 50%, 2 turnover game.

And yet again, the D scores more points that Sanchez can produce.

The book, in New York, is quickly closing on Mark Sanchez.

Fan approval, or not.
    Again, Mark Sanchez isn't playing well. BUT he's NOT the problem.

Did we run the ball?
    Did we pass protect?
    Did WR's catch passes?
    Did the defense not allow 28 points?
    Did the special teams not screw up?
    Did the coaching staff get us ready after a 2 week vacation?

We're supposed to win it on a crushing DEFENSE and a power RUNNING GAME. Before we point the finger at the quarterback, START THERE.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Did we run the ball?
    Did we pass protect?
    Did WR's catch passes?

We're supposed to win it on a crushing DEFENSE and a power RUNNING GAME. Before we point the finger at the quarterback, START THERE.

SAR I
    How can anyone even know at this point? You might be right, but everything's so screwed up it's impossible to know what the problem is and what's just along for the ****ty ride.

All Pro

Did we run the ball?
    Did we pass protect?
    Did WR's catch passes?

SAR I
    it's not even funny anymore - Sanchez is that bad. Accept it.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Did we run the ball?
    Did we pass protect?
    Did WR's catch passes?

SAR I
    Keep waving those hands SAR.

The truth is the best argument.

And the truth is, Mark Sanchez is an inaccurate, poor reading, pressure folding, underperforming, turnover-spewing liabillity at the single most vital position on the field.

Defense of what is clearly a below-mediocre play by our QB will not change it. Nor will throwing the entire franchise under the bus to excuse it.

We cannot cut everyone, front office, coach and all the players.

We can replace Sanchez.

And we will.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    it's not even funny anymore - Sanchez is that bad. Accept it.
    I'm not saying that Mark Sanchez is good this season. Anyone can see that.

I'm merely saying that Sanchez is more of a victim than the problem, that the complete lack of offensive support for 2 seasons has made a mess of him.

The question is whether or not he's shown enough in the past to make it worthwhile to invest a proper HC, OC, WR, TE, RB, and OL in him. I say yes.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Keep waving those hands SAR.

The truth is the best argument.

And the truth is, Mark Sanchez is an inaccurate, poor reading, pressure folding, underperforming, turnover-spewing liabillity at the single most vital position on the field.

Defense of what is clearly a below-mediocre play by our QB will not change it. Nor will throwing the entire franchise under the bus to excuse it.

We cannot cut everyone, front office, coach and all the players.

We can replace Sanchez.

And we will.
    If Dan Marino 1986 was our quarterback today, the Jets defense still gives up 28 points and we still lose.

That's the point.

The Rex Ryan Jets are supposed to be able to whether the storm of a weak QB because our D is so good and our rushing attack is so good. Go watch some 2009 highlights, it worked then. You know, when we were stocked with Eric Mangini's talent.

SAR I

I'm not saying that Mark Sanchez is good this season. Anyone can see that.

I'm merely saying that Sanchez is more of a victim than the problem, that the complete lack of offensive support for 2 seasons has made a mess of him.

The question is whether or not he's shown enough in the past to make it worthwhile to invest a proper HC, OC, WR, TE, RB, and OL in him. I say yes.

SAR I
    What makes you confident that Mark isn't the problem? The problem is so huge I can't see how anyone can pinpoint it anymore.

If Dan Marino 1986 was our quarterback today, the Jets defense still gives up 28 points and we still lose.

That's the point.

SAR I
    Teams give up 28 points without losing, though. It's a football score, not a baseball score.

JetsInsider.com Legend

SAR I
    And there it is.

In order for Mark Sanchez to succeed, we'd have to replace every person involved in the O, Head Coach, O-Co, and every player around him.

Or....

We could replace Sanchez, and see if another QB can do better with what we have and hopefully some realistic-level of improvement.

Because the fact is, we're not getting all-pro players and perfect O-based Coaches at every spot for Sanchez. It's impossible.

But we CAN find a QB who can play better than 48% completion, 2+ turnovers a game, and yet another no-points performance.

That's the point.
    Your point is wrong. Flat out wrong, and I think most fans with any clue know it at this point.

Dan Marino on this team is still Dan Marino, and he performs.

Mark Sanches is Mark Sanchez. Unable to complete passes reliably to even open recievers. Turnovers to spare. And an inabillity to score. This is the legacy of the Mark Sanchez Era in New York. An underperforming O since the day he arrived till today.

Yes, there is no shortage of blame to go around.

And it starts and ends with the single most vital position on the football field, the QB. Ours, currently, is the worst in the NFL.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.

And it starts and ends with the single most vital position on the football field, the QB. Ours, currently, is the worst in the NFL.
    No, Warfish. IT starts with WOODY JOHNSON...

THEN IT PROCEEDS TO TANNY....

THEN IT GOES TO REX AND HIS BAND OF MORONS(Sparano, Cavanaugh, Pettine)...

AND FINALLY IT GOES TO MARK SANCHEZ....

All League

Did we run the ball?
    Did we pass protect?
    Did WR's catch passes?

SAR I
    There's not one aspect of this team that works.
    QB sucks
    Running game sucks
    D can't stop the run or the pass
    Special teams suck too

I agree with SAR to an extent. This is supposed to be a team that would succeed primarily because of defense, then the running game. Those two things are the biggest reason this team is awful. Sanchez hasn't helped at all though.

And there it is.

In order for Mark Sanchez to succeed, we'd have to replace every person involved in the O, Head Coach, O-Co, and every player around him.

Or....

We could replace Sanchez, and see if another QB can do better with what we have and hopefully some realistic-level of improvement.

Because the fact is, we're not getting all-pro players and perfect O-based Coaches at every spot for Sanchez. It's impossible.

But we CAN find a QB who can play better than 48% completion, 2+ turnovers a game, and yet another no-points performance.

Your point is wrong. Flat out wrong, and I think most fans with any clue know it at this point.

Dan Marino on this team is still Dan Marino, and he performs.

Mark Sanches is Mark Sanchez. Unable to complete passes reliably to even open recievers. Turnovers to spare. And an inabillity to score. This is the legacy of the Mark Sanchez Era in New York. An underperforming O since the day he arrived till today.

I have to agree. I was a Sanchez supporter until today. He's been David Carr'd by the regime to the point that he has regressed and he responds negatively to pressure, a reversal from his reputation 2009-10.

We have to see if Sanchez is the variable because the whole team and regime cannot be changed right now.

Keep waving those
    And the truth is, Mark Sanchez is an inaccurate, poor reading, pressure folding, underperforming, turnover-spewing liabillity at the single most vital position on the field
    ...who got us to two championship games, so we all know he can do it. If we keep seeing the same mistakes this year, my perception is he is not being managed or coached effectively.

Parcells got Keyshawn to change his catching style, and he stopped droping balls. Who the hell is working with Sanchez to get him to change what he does in crucial situations?

It looks to me like the coaching staff is more concerned with the media perception of not using tebow enough than working to sanchez's strengths.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    What makes you confident that Mark isn't the problem? The problem is so huge I can't see how anyone can pinpoint it anymore.
    Mark is 100% part of the problem. A big part, no doubt.

But the defense got 90% of the drafting/free agent support these past two seasons so we ask more of them.

They gave up 28 points today.

They gave up 2 passing plays of over 50 yards for TD's today.

They gave up over 120 yards rushing today.

They blew several tackles that turned 3 yard gains into 13 yard gains.

We're supposed to win on the ground and on defense. We're not supposed to win in the air. If we were, surely Ryan and Tannenbaum would have picked up a playmaker or two in the offseason.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Mark is 100% part of the problem. A big part, no doubt.

SAR I
    So the question is:

1. Replace Sanchez, see if a better QB exists.

2. Or Replace the Owner, Front Office, Head Coach, Coaching Staff, Trainers, O-Line, Running Backs, Wideouts, Tight Ends and Ball Boys.

You tell me which is a more realistic scenario.

JetsInsider.com Legend

I'm not sure why everyone is getting more amped-up this week on the Sanchez hate as they did after any of the other losses this year. Nothing has changed.

You keep asking Mark Sanchez to play better, to elevate his game. That's fair. I agree. But I don't see you asking:

Shonn Greene to play better.
    The OL to block better.
    David Harris to make a tackle.
    Our safeties and DB's to not allow two home run balls in the same game.
    Coples and Maybin to live up to their hype.
    Special teams to not muff punts and not kick balls out of bounds.
    The offensive coordinator to contribute.
    The Tim Tebow experiment to stop.
    The head coach to motivate his team.

The entire team is a mess. Scapegoating Mark Sanchez is convenient, but it's not honest.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    So the question is:

1. Replace Sanchez, see if a better QB exists.

2. Or Replace the Owner, Front Office, Head Coach, Coaching Staff, Trainers, O-Line, Running Backs, Wideouts, Tight Ends and Ball Boys.

You tell me which is a more realistic scenario.
    We're about to replace Sanchez. Woody's saving it for Thanksgiving. After we lose in St. Louis and fall to 3-7 and facing the threat of 40,000 no shows on a national stage and a humiliation to the Patriots, they'll whip out the "Tebow is our starter" card just in time to fill the seats and create buzz.

And I'll tell you exactly what will happen: Nothing. Because the entire team is broken, not just a single player.

SAR I