Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for SAR

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I'm not questioning your football knowledge at all. You're usually spot on and I agree with you 99% of the time.

Which is why I find your Sanchez stance awkward and way off. Nobodys perfect. We all got flaws
    LOL. Gotcha. Sorry about the misrememberance.

Mark Sanchez sucks but he's the least of our worries right now. See, we can explain why Mark has taken a dump. We can't explain why we can't run the ball, why we can't get a pass rush, why we can't stop the run, why we can't get motivated to play, why we can't play fundamentally well, why we don't change our coaching philosophy.

Those are the areas we need to focus on now. Mark is explainable. The Front Seven, not.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Mark Sanchez sucks but he's the least of our worries right now. See, we can explain why Mark has taken a dump. We can't explain why we can't run the ball, why we can't get a pass rush, why we can't stop the run, why we can't get motivated to play, why we can't play fundamentally well, why we don't change our coaching philosophy.

Those are the areas we need to focus on now. Mark is explainable. The Front Seven, not.

SAR I
    The run defense has been good for the most part. So has the pass defense. When they struggle, it's usually later in games when they're tired because they're on the field so much due to the offense's woes. You do see the correlation there, right? Are you aware defenses struggle when they're forced onto the field frequently? They get tired. Have you ever participated in a sporting event?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    But SAR is correct on our lack of a running game. That is really bad and obviously hampers Mark Sanchez, as does the lack of talent in the WR Corps. But, as we all know, Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls with guys like Troy Brown and David Givens as his top receivers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Sanchez sucks, but is least of our worries?? All I hear is that this is a QB League!! If he sucks we are in a lot of trouble!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    The run defense has been good for the most part. So has the pass defense. When they struggle, it's usually later in games when they're tired because they're on the field so much due to the offense's woes. You do see the correlation there, right? Are you aware defenses struggle when they're forced onto the field frequently? They get tired. Have you ever participated in a sporting event?
    Mark Sanchez went into New England and orchestrated a brilliant drive that consumed the whole 4th quarter and gave the defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds left.

Bart Scott and David Harris could have gone to the locker room and taken a shower and not missed a play.

They then let the Patriots tie the game in under a minute and win the game in under a minute.

Stop making excuses for the area of the team that is given the highest priority, whose coordinator is falsely called a "head coach", who gets away with murder while Mark Sanchez is scapegoated.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    But SAR is correct on our lack of a running game. That is really bad and obviously hampers Mark Sanchez, as does the lack of talent in the WR Corps. But, as we all know, Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls with guys like Troy Brown and David Givens as his top receivers.
    Tom Brady is a unanimous first-ballot Hall Of Famer. Mark Sanchez is not.

Compare Mark Sanchez to the middle of the pack QB's in the NFL and they're not successful without a running game and a steady set of receiving targets with which to bond and get comfortable.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Sanchez sucks, but is least of our worries?? All I hear is that this is a QB League!! If he sucks we are in a lot of trouble!!
    He's the least of our worries because we're not built to win it in the air. Here. Here's the list of worries in priority order:

Head coach running a bad strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL.

GM that's supporting the HC with bad players, all on the D side of the ball.

Offensive coordinator who's worse than the last guy.

Defense that is no longer Top 5, not even Top 25.

Running game that is no longer Top 5, not even Top 25.

Special teams that is no longer Top 5, not even Top 25.

Mark Sanchez.

Offensive line that can't stop a blitz.

Receivers that can't catch.

Dumb penalties, sloppy execution, blah blah.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's the least of our worries because we're not built to win it in the air. Here. Here's the list of worries in priority order:

Head coach running a bad strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL.

GM that's supporting the HC with bad players, all on the D side of the ball.

Offensive coordinator who's worse than the last guy.

Defense that is no longer Top 5, not even Top 25.

Running game that is no longer Top 5, not even Top 25.

Special teams that is no longer Top 5, not even Top 25.

Mark Sanchez.

Offensive line that can't stop a blitz.

Receivers that can't catch.

Dumb penalties, sloppy execution, blah blah.

SAR I
    These first two are contradictory.

The team is not meant to win it through the air, so its not Marks fault, yet you say that is not the right strategy, meaning we need to attack MORE through the air to win?

They are not meant to win it through the air because Mark Sanchez doesnt offer that option.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^

lol at you thinking people can't get fired for being in sexually driven content on the Internet....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington went into New England and orchestrated a brilliant drive that consumed the whole 4th quarter and gave the defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds left.

Bart Scott and David Harris could have gone to the locker room and taken a shower and not missed a play.

They then let the Patriots tie the game in under a minute and win the game in under a minute.

Stop making excuses for the area of the team that is given the highest priority, whose coordinator is falsely called a "head coach", who gets away with murder while Chad Pennington is scapegoated.

SAR I
    Weren't you on the other side of this argument 5 years ago? Weren't you proven to be completely correct then? Why the flip flop this time around, vehemently defending a quarterback that flat out can't get it done anymore? It doesn't make sense. Why not hope that the team goes out in the 1st round and draft one of those guys who, when they show his highlight reel on ESPN draft day, has thrown 20 consecutive touchdowns, and no interceptions that you know about?

Furthermore, you misremember again, as Mark Sanchez didn't do any marching in the 4th quarter to give the Jets a 3 point lead at the Patriots (that the defense promptly blew), it was the Jets kickoff coverage that forced a fumble which put the Jets already well within field goal range to begin with, and from there Sanchez and the offense couldn't muster up a first down, settling for the field goal that was gift wrapped to them by the Patriots returner, and allowing Tom Brady to still have well over a minute to drive back down the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    These first two are contradictory.

The team is not meant to win it through the air, so its not Marks fault, yet you say that is not the right strategy, meaning we need to attack MORE through the air to win?

They are not meant to win it through the air because Mark Sanchez doesnt offer that option.
    Strategy doesn't work.

As a result we are forced to pass more.

No weapons to do so.

HC needs to go.

New strategy needed.

Get offensive weapons.

See if Sanchez thrives.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Weren't you on the other side of this argument 5 years ago? Weren't you proven to be completely correct then? Why the flip flop this time around, vehemently defending a quarterback that flat out can't get it done anymore? It doesn't make sense. Why not hope that the team goes out in the 1st round and draft one of those guys who, when they show his highlight reel on ESPN draft day, has thrown 20 consecutive touchdowns, and no interceptions that you know about?

Furthermore, you misremember again, as Mark Sanchez didn't do any marching in the 4th quarter to give the Jets a 3 point lead at the Patriots (that the defense promptly blew), it was the Jets kickoff coverage that forced a fumble which put the Jets already well within field goal range to begin with, and from there Sanchez and the offense couldn't muster up a first down, settling for the field goal that was gift wrapped to them by the Patriots returner, and allowing Tom Brady to still have well over a minute to drive back down the field.
    1. Pennington and Sanchez are different cases. Stop trying to make them analogous.

2. Mark Sanchez led three drives in the 4th quarter against the Patriots eating up 10 of the 15 minutes and producing a TD and two field goals. Ate up clock, rested the defense:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivec...meId=321021017

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Pennington and Sanchez are different cases. Stop trying to make them analogous. SAR I
    How so?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PennCh01.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SancMa00.htm

Mark Sanchez is scary bad at this point, especially when you consider he doesn't even stack up with Chad Pennington, the guy you so desperately (and rightfully so) wanted to run out of town 5 years ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar- I'm just curious what has to happen/not happen for you to believe that the Jets should go with another QB?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    See if Sanchez thrives.
    Must see if Sanchez thrives.

Extend his contract!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Players like Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck were 80% of the way there when they entered the NFL. Just needed the right circumstances, the right support, have a legit shot to get to that rare 100% level.

Players like Mark Sanchez are 60% of the way there when they enter the NFL. Not the slam-dunk, can't-miss type of prospects that these other clear #1's are. They need more circumstances and more support to get to a 90% level, will never be those 100% guys.

Apples and oranges.

SAR I
    The colts have a much better front office than we do. The drafted luck, but then drafted offense to put him in a place to succeed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is part of the problem but not even close to being the entire problem. There is no quick fix here. Replacing Sanchez does not transform this team into SB contenders.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    How so?

Mark Sanchez is scary bad at this point, especially when you consider he doesn't even stack up with Chad Pennington, the guy you so desperately (and rightfully so) wanted to run out of town 5 years ago.
    Mark Sanchez has a lousy offense, is money in the 4th quarter, money in the postseason, and here in his 4th season at his 63rd pro game has never been injured.

Chad Pennington had a strong offense, lacked comeback ability, played scared in the postseason, and never played 63 games in a career lasting 10 seasons.

Chad played 49 games in New York. Mark Sanchez has already played 30% more games in a career a fraction of the size.

They are apples and oranges. Big picture, one is a rock and the other an egg. One has had very limited playmakers and no consistent targets to bond with, the other benefited from the riches of a Hall of Fame RB, Top 5 OL, and a pair of WR's to consistently bond with during his Jets tenure.

Chad's suckage was on him. Mark's suckage is more on those around him.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez sucks

SAR I
    Yes, he does.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Sar- I'm just curious what has to happen/not happen for you to believe that the Jets should go with another QB?
    Two things will make me quit on Mark Sanchez:

1. If he quits on the team.

2. If he is eventually supported with a set of quality WR's that he can bond with for a few years and an OL that can give him time and he still plays this badly.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.