Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 369

Thread: Question for SAR

  1. #161
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Yea, the WRs threw a league leading 4th int in the red zone.

    Rex fumbled yet again in a situation where any QB wtih an ounce of game feel eats the ball and takes a sack.

    You are a moron
    1. All quarterbacks make a mistake in every game. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers.

    2. The only reason Mark Sanchez was in third and long on that play is because a) Kerley made a bad read and didn't score the TD on the big throw, b) Sparano made lousy playcalls, and c) Keller committed a stupid penalty.

    3. The reason Sanchez fumbled was because he was sacked on a completely unblocked blitzer. It was the third such hit he'd taken during the game and it's a miracle he didn't fumble the first two times.

    4. I predicted this back in June. If that makes me the moron in your eyes, good.

    SAR I

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Thank you. So you agree he doesnt have the same support network he had before. We're on the same page there.

    Ive never said mark carried the team, simply that hes enough of a manager with the right tools to get it done.

    We all had concerns about his weapons before the season and they were not addressed. We are seeing the results now (the last two games excepted, Mark has played badly).

    But i want coaches that do not tolerate mistakes and take measures to correct them. Bringing in a wilcat coach for sanchez was a mistake, and rex lost the team ages ago.

    Bring in a ballbuster coach who makes it clear no one's job is safe and coaches people to catch balls, stay onside, and develop a game plan that plays to our strengths and doesnt use gimmicks in the middle of every drive.
    I agree. However, QBs generally make weapons out of wrs. Lots of guys can make plays at wr, ours included, if the qb can get them the ball. Are our guys elite? Hell no. But they do have athletic ability and they have been open at times and Sanchez just misses them. Either with a bad throws or a bad read. Every Qb has balls dropped, sometimes the throw has a lot to do with the drop. For example Hilliard should have caught that ball at the beginning of the game out in the flat, but the throw should have been a bit higher also.

    Franchise QBs carry the team not the other way around.

    I want coaches that hold people accountable too. Guys who do not give out positions based on anything other then results.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. All quarterbacks make a mistake in every game. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers.

    3. The reason Sanchez fumbled was because he was sacked on a completely unblocked blitzer. It was the third such hit he'd taken during the game and it's a miracle he didn't fumble the first two times.

    SAR I
    1. True, but some make more then others. Good plays also offset bad plays and there in lies the key difference.

    3. Can't argue it was bad communication on the oline the guy was unblocked but it seemed that sanchez made it worse then it had to be. Sanchez was not rocked by a blindside hit he was wrapped up and it looked like he was trying to get rid of the ball to not lose yards. He should have just went down. Instead the ball came loose.

  4. #164
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post

    3. Can't argue it was bad communication on the oline the guy was unblocked but it seemed that sanchez made it worse then it had to be. Sanchez was not rocked by a blindside hit he was wrapped up and it looked like he was trying to get rid of the ball to not lose yards. He should have just went down. Instead the ball came loose.
    Mark Sanchez was doing exactly what we'd want him to do, what a Rex Ryan coached team would demand he'd do:

    Fight through adversity and make a play.

    The "blame" on that play isn't in the Sanchez fumble. It's on whatever offensive lineman or back was supposed to block the guy who came in at full speed, untouched. If you were sitting in an intersection, preparing to make a turn and a truck slams into you broadside, no one is going to blame you if you trip and fall getting out of the car.

    If the rest of the team tried as hard as Mark Sanchez did, we'd have a winning record right now.

    SAR I

  5. #165
    I can't believe SAR is still embarrassing himself on this thread. Even Sanchez's immediate family would take issue with his posts.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. All quarterbacks make a mistake in every game. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers.
    Comparing Mark Sanchez to these QB's?

    2. The only reason Mark Sanchez was in third and long on that play is because a) Kerley made a bad read and didn't score the TD on the big throw, b) Sparano made lousy playcalls, and c) Keller committed a stupid penalty.
    The reason is irrelevant to the play. 3rd and Long is an NFL Reality. This is a delfective argument from the issue.

    3. The reason Sanchez fumbled was because he was sacked on a completely unblocked blitzer. It was the third such hit he'd taken during the game and it's a miracle he didn't fumble the first two times.
    An unblocked blitzer he did not see, did not feel coming, did not avoid and instead of pulling the ball in (the right decision), he choose to mishandle it leading to the fumble.

    4. I predicted this back in June. If that makes me the moron in your eyes, good.
    You're not a moron, far from it. This is simply your schtick. You choose some thing you know will engender a strong reaction, and you ride it.

    Only a moron would believe you actually believe in Mark Sanchez, QB, as much as you seem to claim to.

    For me, it's simply good practice to crush down your various logical fallacy, straw men, and deflective arguments. I have to admit, they're quite good at times.

    Not good enough to actually provide a legitimate defense of the play of Mark Sanchez, of course.

    But you're not really posting about Mark Sanchez in this thread, you never really were. You've set up a position of defense of the indefensible via poor play or other weaknesses unrelated to the indefensible.

    Whats funny, IMO, is how many chuckleheads are actually lapping it up.

    Says everything you need to know about forums tbqh.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.

  7. #167
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    You're not a moron, far from it. This is simply your schtick. You choose some thing you know will engender a strong reaction, and you ride it.

    Only a moron would believe you actually believe in Mark Sanchez, QB, as much as you seem to claim to.

    For me, it's simply good practice to crush down your various logical fallacy, straw men, and deflective arguments. I have to admit, they're quite good at times.

    Not good enough to actually provide a legitimate defense of the play of Mark Sanchez, of course.

    But you're not really posting about Mark Sanchez in this thread, you never really were. You've set up a position of defense of the indefensible via poor play or other weaknesses unrelated to the indefensible.

    Whats funny, IMO, is how many chuckleheads are actually lapping it up.

    Says everything you need to know about forums tbqh.
    Again with your 'schtick' schtick.

    The only knuckleheads here are the ones who thinks I've got some master plan to get reactions or set up some straw man or create indefensible positions, like I'm in some secret laboratory with graph paper and a sliderule instead of sitting here on my kitchen laptop with the kids at my ankles and my wife telling me to help set the table as I type.

    I'm just a fan with an opinion, that's it. Wish there was more to it, wish I was some fabulous internet forum strategist. I'm just a long-time fan who has seen enough of Mark Sanchez in the early years and in the postseason to know that he's got a special ability. I'm also someone who can see that he's been neglected by his coaches and hung out to dry by his GM. If Mark Sanchez never won 4 playoff games and led us to an 11 win season with 5 absolutely heroic performances I'd likely feel just like you do. But what I see is a good QB that has never had a stable set of receivers to bond with and one who has seen his targets erode each year until the point where he just can't make it work anymore. He's punch-drunk, has taken dozens of hits from a porous offensive line, bad OC, a HC focused on the other side of the ball, you name it, he's affected by it.

    There's no reason to mock my position or subscribe to some Grass Knoll theory simply because you disagree with it.

    SAR I

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ....are the ones who thinks I've got some master plan to get reactions.....


    I'm just a long-time fan who has seen enough of Mark Sanchez in the early years and in the postseason to know that he's got a special ability.

    There's no reason to mock my position
    Lol.

    Enjoy your night SAR.

  9. #169
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I can't believe SAR is still embarrassing himself on this thread. Even Sanchez's immediate family would take issue with his posts.
    Mark Sanchez is playing badly but the bigger issue is that we can't run the ball or play dominant defense which is the strategy we're built upon. That while Mark Sanchez is maybe 30% of our problem he's getting 200% of the blame which is not only unfair but it's masking the true problems which never see the light of day.

    That's all SAR is saying. Not sure how that's embarrassing in any way. Sounds very logical and honest to me.

    SAR I

  10. #170
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,077
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is playing badly but the bigger issue is that we can't run the ball or play dominant defense which is the strategy we're built upon. That while Mark Sanchez is maybe 30% of our problem he's getting 200% of the blame which is not only unfair but it's masking the true problems which never see the light of day.

    That's all SAR is saying. Not sure how that's embarrassing in any way. Sounds very logical and honest to me.

    SAR I
    You just referred to yourself in the third or fourth person. Take a valium. 10 mg

  11. #171
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    You just referred to yourself in the third or fourth person. Take a valium. 10 mg
    It's frustrating to sit here posting my thoughts and having someone tell me that I'm creating an artificial argument just to amuse myself.

    It's insulting, it makes SAR feel sad.

    SAR I

  12. #172
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,598
    The Sanchez Flat Earth Society is down to three members: SAR, Rex and my father. And I'm pretty sure two of those people are only still card carrying members to annoy me.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Again with your 'schtick' schtick.

    The only knuckleheads here are the ones who thinks I've got some master plan to get reactions or set up some straw man or create indefensible positions, like I'm in some secret laboratory with graph paper and a sliderule instead of sitting here on my kitchen laptop with the kids at my ankles and my wife telling me to help set the table as I type.

    I'm just a fan with an opinion, that's it. Wish there was more to it, wish I was some fabulous internet forum strategist. I'm just a long-time fan who has seen enough of Mark Sanchez in the early years and in the postseason to know that he's got a special ability. I'm also someone who can see that he's been neglected by his coaches and hung out to dry by his GM. If Mark Sanchez never won 4 playoff games and led us to an 11 win season with 5 absolutely heroic performances I'd likely feel just like you do. But what I see is a good QB that has never had a stable set of receivers to bond with and one who has seen his targets erode each year until the point where he just can't make it work anymore. He's punch-drunk, has taken dozens of hits from a porous offensive line, bad OC, a HC focused on the other side of the ball, you name it, he's affected by it.

    There's no reason to mock my position or subscribe to some Grass Knoll theory simply because you disagree with it.

    SAR I
    Please remind us again what your takes on David Wright and Chad Pennington are?

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. All quarterbacks make a mistake in every game. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers.

    2. The only reason Mark Sanchez was in third and long on that play is because a) Kerley made a bad read and didn't score the TD on the big throw, b) Sparano made lousy playcalls, and c) Keller committed a stupid penalty.

    3. The reason Sanchez fumbled was because he was sacked on a completely unblocked blitzer. It was the third such hit he'd taken during the game and it's a miracle he didn't fumble the first two times.

    4. I predicted this back in June. If that makes me the moron in your eyes, good.

    SAR I
    Sparano and keller didnt push marks arm forward as he stared down keller long enough for a player to step in front of the throw....he did that on his own.

    The bolded part above is completely and utterly not even close to what happened on the field. Yes an unblocked blitzer came free, that happens all the time, but instead of eating the football and losing the 4 yards that he would have with the sack, he tried to switch the ball in his hands, and throw it away, resulting in a fumble that is 100% his own fault. Not to mention, he has NEVER been able to adjust a protection at the line to protect himself, and this is his 4th season.

    You are correct bad plays happen and these games come down to inches/plays, and when push comes to shove, sanchez never makes the ones we need. How many games will you have to see a fumble from the QB and a redzone int until you see that our "field general" should be holding a clipboard.

  15. #175
    The two best drives of yesterday's game were ended by Mark Sanchez and Mark Sanchez alone. Whoops, I mean Mark Bumchez.

    GARBAGE. TRASH. DONE.

    Back up the truck.

    After Thanksgiving, he's gone.

  16. #176
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you were sitting in an intersection, preparing to make a turn and a truck slams into you broadside, no one is going to blame you if you trip and fall getting out of the car.

    SAR I
    They will if it happend 30 times in 4 years.

  17. #177
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Please remind us again what your takes on David Wright and Chad Pennington are?
    David Wright: Pretty face, doesn't win anything, fan eye-candy.

    Chad Pennington: Missed 50% of the games he was paid to play, lousy under pressure.

    Mark Sanchez shares traits with neither of these two players. He's a young kid who has been ruined by the team that promised to support him.

    SAR I

  18. #178
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sparano and keller didnt push marks arm forward as he stared down keller long enough for a player to step in front of the throw....he did that on his own.

    The bolded part above is completely and utterly not even close to what happened on the field. Yes an unblocked blitzer came free, that happens all the time, but instead of eating the football and losing the 4 yards that he would have with the sack, he tried to switch the ball in his hands, and throw it away, resulting in a fumble that is 100% his own fault. Not to mention, he has NEVER been able to adjust a protection at the line to protect himself, and this is his 4th season.

    You are correct bad plays happen and these games come down to inches/plays, and when push comes to shove, sanchez never makes the ones we need. How many games will you have to see a fumble from the QB and a redzone int until you see that our "field general" should be holding a clipboard.
    A Rex Ryan defense and a Rex Ryan ground & pound rushing attack is supposed to be able to survive those two mistakes. Look at the '09 and '10 seasons, these types of QB mistakes were routine and we still were within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl both times.

    And the mistakes that led to both the interception and the fumble happened in June when our GM put on the blinders and ignored how woefully staffed his offense was. From Wayne Hunter to Stephen Hill to Shonn Greene to Joe McKnight, this offense was a disaster before we left Cortland.

    And even if Mark throws that TD and doesn't fumble in the 4th quarter, the Jets defense and ground attack didn't do enough to win this game so we'd have lost anyway. You don't like 28-7, fine, would have been 28-17.

    The team lost yesterday. Mark Sanchez is just a small component of a big train wreck.

    SAR I

  19. #179
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The two best drives of yesterday's game were ended by Mark Sanchez and Mark Sanchez alone. Whoops, I mean Mark Bumchez.

    GARBAGE. TRASH. DONE.

    Back up the truck.

    After Thanksgiving, he's gone.
    Two drives don't really mean much when it took five drives to win after the defense was torched for 2 bomb TD's, 124 rushing yards, and 28 points.

    Another reason why Rex Ryan's stupid strategy to win in today's NFL doesn't work. The margin for error is too narrow. We've seen plenty of Jets games where we throw a pick six and fumble a few times but have enough offensive firepower to answer back for those mistakes. But this dumb idea of having the 1985 Bears defense and 1959 Packers offense has left us unable to overcome even the simplest of mistakes.

    Mark Sanchez is not a good quarterback right now. No different than Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight, and Jeremy Kerley who shouldn't even be on the field in an NFL game, no different than Bart Scott, David Harris, and Kyle Wilson who suck every-other-week. No different than Rex Ryan who had two weeks to prepare for Seattle which looked like the Miami result. No different than Mike Westhoff who's already retired. No different than Tony Sparano who doesn't know what he's doing. No different than Mike Tannenbaum whose drafting is killing us.

    This team sucks. Mark Sanchez is just a small part of it.

    SAR I

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    The team lost yesterday. Mark Sanchez is just a small component of a big train wreck.

    SAR I
    problem is mark sanchez is driving the train.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us