Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 369

Thread: Question for SAR

  1. #301
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    And the Mets will be David Wright's team for the next 3-5 years, so what's your point? You wouldn't be telling Mets fans to jump off if they don't like it, instead, you will be telling them (and rightfully so) to raise their standards. So why the lack of perspective when it comes to Sanchez?
    David Wright is a known loser. Mark Sanchez is an unknown. Big difference.

    If I were in a Mets forum, I'd tell them to jump off. This is a Jets forum.

    Not sure why you're pulling the old end-around after years of seeing things my way but it's getting tiresome. sg3 and Rah Rah and all my other nemesis' are gone, don't need a new one. Thanks.

    SAR I

  2. #302
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    You don't understand the argument I guess. I realize that it's his team, but what YOU don't realize that it's also Rex's team. For you to point fingers at him and the defense while turning away from Sanchez' problems and making excuses for him is what a lot of people are arguing.

    So maybe you should jump off.
    It's not Rex's team. He's as good as gone. You don't lose your team twice and survive. And Rex's defense has been crap and Rex's development of draftees has been crap. Mark can be excused due to lack of playmakers around him. Rex cannot be excused as he's had all the support in the world and hasn't done anything with it. Big-picture, Rex may cost Woody billions of dollars with the damage he's done to the team and the brand; Mark is chump-change at a few million.

    And it's only Week 9. The real meltdown hasn't even happened yet. Just wait until Christmas, will be epic.

    SAR I

  3. #303
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The team's decision to share a stadium with the Giants in New Jersey didn't jettison my love of the team. But I can't watch another season of Mark Sanchez as our starting QB. I simply cannot do it.

    Wake me when it is over.
    After his first 6 games plagued by rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez won 16 of his next 20 games. That's what helps me sleep at night.

    Dream of a day in 2014 when Mark Sanchez is surrounded by top-tier receivers, a strong line, and a good running game. Brady is gone, no one from Miami or Buffalo steps-up, suddenly we have the most experienced QB in the division, and he's only 27 years old.

    SAR I

  4. #304
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    That's going to require a second, and quite large, contract extension. Go ahead and justify it given his performance on the field and the other salary cap demands on the team.
    When he's a free agent he'll see his market value and the Jets offer will seem more attractive.

    Besides, he'll have a new coach that's a disciplinarian and understands offense and he'll want to stay here.

    SAR I

  5. #305
    I wonder what Bears fan SARs were saying in 2007 when Rex Grossman got benched 3 weeks into the season in favor of Brian Griese. He went 13-3, went deeper into the playoffs than Sanchez.

    "Huge mistake. We know Rex Grossman can win playoff games for us. We've seen it."

  6. #306
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    After his first 6 games plagued by rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez won 16 of his next 20 games. That's what helps me sleep at night.

    Dream of a day in 2014 when Mark Sanchez is surrounded by top-tier receivers, a strong line, and a good running game. Brady is gone, no one from Miami or Buffalo steps-up, suddenly we have the most experienced QB in the division, and he's only 27 years old.

    SAR I
    In 2014, Mark Sanchez will be a useful 2nd string QB for some team not called the Jets.

  7. #307
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    In 2014, Mark Sanchez will be a useful 2nd string QB for some team not called the Jets.
    Lets just see about that.

    SAR I

  8. #308

    Thumbs up

    This thread rocks. SAR, the way you simultaneously debate 20 people at once is spectacular. I mean, who else has a thread named for them? Debaters, carry on. I'm addicted to this one.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    This thread rocks. SAR, the way you simultaneously debate 20 people at once is spectacular. I mean, who else has a thread named for them? Debaters, carry on. I'm addicted to this one.
    Clearly you're new.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Clearly you're new.
    Yeah, I don't think SAR is winning but the posts are golden on all sides. LOLOL

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    After his first 6 games plagued by rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez won 16 of his next 20 games. That's what helps me sleep at night.

    SAR I

    Ummm, huh ? When was this ? Which games ?

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ummm, huh ? When was this ? Which games ?
    Shocking, that stat is incorrect, just like everything else here.

    Anyone who looks at the picture of hill alone in the endzone, while sanchez pulls off the unheard of triple pump fake, (even though the fake was to the guy he eventually throws to), while locked on to 1 player, and subsequently throws a pick while locked onto that player and thinks "ITS NOT HIS FAULT" has no understanding about what a good QB is

  13. #313
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ummm, huh ? When was this ? Which games ?
    From Week 12, 2009 to Week 12, 2010.

    We ended the 2009 season on a 7-2 run (including playoffs) and opened the 2010 season on a 9-2 run (before the Patriots 45-3 debacle).

    That's 16-4 for those who didn't take addition in 2nd grade.

    SAR I

  14. #314
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    This thread rocks. SAR, the way you simultaneously debate 20 people at once is spectacular. I mean, who else has a thread named for them? Debaters, carry on. I'm addicted to this one.
    Glad you're enjoying it. I'm a very popular poster. Chicks dig me.

    SAR I

  15. #315
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Shocking, that stat is incorrect, just like everything else here.
    I asked my daughter, who's in the 3rd grade, to fact-check that a 16-4 run is the same thing as winning 16 of 20 games and she corroborated it.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Anyone who looks at the picture of hill alone in the endzone, while sanchez pulls off the unheard of triple pump fake, (even though the fake was to the guy he eventually throws to), while locked on to 1 player, and subsequently throws a pick while locked onto that player and thinks "ITS NOT HIS FAULT" has no understanding about what a good QB is
    I asked my son, who's in the 6th grade, if obsessing on 1 play is indicative of a quarterback's entire career and he said "no, that's really stupid".

    SAR I

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I asked my daughter, who's in the 3rd grade, to fact-check that a 16-4 run is the same thing as winning 16 of 20 games and she corroborated it.



    I asked my son, who's in the 6th grade, if obsessing on 1 play is indicative of a quarterback's entire career and he said "no, that's really stupid".

    SAR I
    Oakland W
    Maimi L
    Jacksonville L
    NE L
    Carolina W
    Buffalo W
    TB W
    Atl L
    Indy W
    Cin W
    Cin W
    SD W
    Indy L

    Above are the 13 games played after Week 6 of Sanchez's rookie season. You will note 5 losses.

    We also lost the opening game of the 2010 season to Baltimore, making it 6 losses in the 14 games following his "6 game rookie jitters stretch"

    Thanks for playing though

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    I asked my son, who's in the 6th grade, if obsessing on 1 play is indicative of a quarterback's entire career and he said "no, that's really stupid".

    SAR I
    1 Play?

    Yea 1 play, oh wait, he leads the NFL in red zone interceptions, that must be tannenbaums fault.

    1 play - i wonder if he has a tendency of staring down his receiver?

    Same mistakes over and over for 4 years....its FAR from 1 play

  18. #318
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

    We also lost the opening game of the 2010 season to Baltimore, making it 6 losses in the 14 games following his "6 game rookie jitters stretch"

    Thanks for playing though
    What are you talking about?

    In 1 calendar year, from Week 12 2009 to Week 12 2010, the Jets went 16-4, Mark Sanchez started every game, he won 16 of 20 games. Are you saying it didn't happen?

    I'd think you'd remember it as, you know, it's only the best such run in the entire history of the franchise.

    SAR I

  19. #319
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    1 Play?

    Yea 1 play, oh wait, he leads the NFL in red zone interceptions, that must be tannenbaums fault.

    1 play - i wonder if he has a tendency of staring down his receiver?

    Same mistakes over and over for 4 years....its FAR from 1 play
    He's your quarterback, will be for at least the next 2 years. Better get used to it.

    And good thing, too. Good quarterbacks are hard to find, and anyone who could win 16 of 20 games, 4 of 6 playoff games, and lead 5 remarkable comeback wins is worthy of the investment we've made in him.

    SAR I

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    After his first 6 games plagued by rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez won 16 of his next 20 games. That's what helps me sleep at night.

    Dream of a day in 2014 when Mark Sanchez is surrounded by top-tier receivers, a strong line, and a good running game. Brady is gone, no one from Miami or Buffalo steps-up, suddenly we have the most experienced QB in the division, and he's only 27 years old.

    SAR I
    After his first six games, he then won 16 of his next 20....that would start with week 7, not week 12.

    There ya go again, picking and choosing numbers to fit your ridiculous argument.

    Why dont you explain to everyone why you didnt want to count weeks 7-11 of his rookie year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us