Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for SAR

I wanted to give Mark the benefit of the doubt and hope he would turn things around a bit, but he hasn't.

I don't have to have an elite QB, or even a great QB. I just want a QB who, when he drops back, doesn't give me that sinking feeling in my gut.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My answer is very simple:

He has no tools to work with. The worst OL, worst RB, worst receivers, worst OC since the pre-Parcells era, you need to go back to Kotite to find something as bad.

In games where our awful OL, RB, and WR's overmatch pathetic competition, we're 3-0. In games where our awful OL, RB, and WR's are overmatched by decent or superior competition, we're 0-5.

This ain't rocket science.

SAR I
    Chad's on a horse farm in Kentucky; let's go get him!

http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcast...id=CBS.HOUSTON

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    I love guys who quote the completion %.

Do you watch the games?

Last year it was "Sanchez has to get rid of the ball instead of taking all these sacks"

So now he is getting rid of the ball instead of taking the sacks, and it is "his completion numbers suck"

If you watch even closer, you will see he is now throwing the ball to where his receivers are supposed to be. If they run the wrong route, or can't get free on the line, it is Mark's fault.

SOJF. LOVE you guys.

Really? When he throws passes late and behind receivers, that's actually where they were supposed to be ? What ? Are they running their routes too fast ?

These are sight throws, not timing passes. That is, you look and find the receiver and LEAD HIM with the pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    At this point, Sanchez defenders are essentially the Jets version of the Flat Earth Society.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I wanted to give Mark the benefit of the doubt and hope he would turn things around a bit, but he hasn't.

I don't have to have an elite QB, or even a great QB. I just want a QB who, when he drops back, doesn't give me that sinking feeling in my gut.

This is it exactly. There may haven been a time where if the Jets were down by 2, with 5 mins left, and the ball on our own 20, people might have had faith that there was a good chance Sanchez could lead the team down for the game winning score.

Now ? That cringe in the gut feeling that you KNOW Mark is going to find some way to screw this up, either with an interception because of a poorly thrown pass (Texans), or an ill timed fumble (Pats), etc.

Do you watch the games?

Last year it was "Sanchez has to get rid of the ball instead of taking all these sacks"

So now he is getting rid of the ball instead of taking the sacks, and it is "his completion numbers suck"

If you watch even closer, you will see he is now throwing the ball to where his receivers are supposed to be. If they run the wrong route, or can't get free on the line, it is Mark's fault.

SOJF. LOVE you guys.
    When hill was 5 yards ahead of his guy in NE, running alone into the endzone, did he mis-run the route and instead should have stopped and came back to the 5 yard line?

When santonio was running wide open through the end zone in pitts was he suppsoed to slam on the brakes instead?

Look around the league....every game comes down to 3-4 plays a game that make the difference. Winning teams have QBs that MAKE those plays to help their teams win. Every game, our QB makes 3-4 plays that absolutely CRUSH the team. Strip sacks, fumbles, missing guys in the endzone....those plays LOSE games for a team and that is what is happening week in and week out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    At this point, Sanchez defenders are essentially the Jets version of the Flat Earth Society.

It doesn't matter what you say, or how much evidence you have, it's not his fault.

It is every one else that is the problem.

FUNNY...YET TRUE.

Practice Squad
    I am a Sanchez supporter, but will I be heartbroken if they go in another direction next year or 2, no.(a little maybe). i'm not totally blind. When I look at free agents next year, and the draft for that matter, he is our best option next year.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    When hill was 5 yards ahead of his guy in NE, running alone into the endzone, did he mis-run the route and instead should have stopped and came back to the 5 yard line?

When santonio was running wide open through the end zone in pitts was he suppsoed to slam on the brakes instead?

Look around the league....every game comes down to 3-4 plays a game that make the difference. Winning teams have QBs that MAKE those plays to help their teams win. Every game, our QB makes 3-4 plays that absolutely CRUSH the team. Strip sacks, fumbles, missing guys in the endzone....those plays LOSE games for a team and that is what is happening week in and week out.
    Hell, it's even on passes that he is "Sanchez accurate" on. Receiver wide open, again, a "sight throw", Mark is off target forcing WR to go to the ground to catch the ball.

Competent QBs manage to put that ball where the receiver can catch it and then get YAC.

There's nobody I would take over Sanchez. Not because he's the best right now, or because he'll ever be the greatest of all time. But he's young and on his way up. The Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. are all old men. They have more playing time behind them than ahead of them. This team needs a long-term base, built around Mark Sanchez. Not a flash-in-the-pan quarterback that could win us a few more games this year and then ride off into retirement.

Rex Ryan.
    Mark Sanchez.

These are the future of the New York Jets. GET USED TO IT.

Do you watch the games?

SOJF. LOVE you guys.
    LOL this is the funniest post I've seen for a while. Just when I thought the foolish Sanchpologists had run out of excuses we now have the 'He is throwing to a spot the receivers are supposed to be' tripe. SOSP (Same Old Sanch Pologists)

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My answer is very simple:

He has no tools to work with. The worst OL, worst RB, worst receivers, worst OC since the pre-Parcells era, you need to go back to Kotite to find something as bad.

In games where our awful OL, RB, and WR's overmatch pathetic competition, we're 3-0. In games where our awful OL, RB, and WR's are overmatched by decent or superior competition, we're 0-5.

This ain't rocket science.

SAR I
    I am on board with you. There's a good chance Sanchez is not the guy. But lets at least find out for sure by giving him real tools next year. If he sucks then too, then the experiment is over. Because of his cap number, he will be here next year regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    LOL this is the funniest post I've seen for a while. Just when I thought the foolish Sanchpologists had run out of excuses we now have the 'He is throwing to a spot the receivers are supposed to be' tripe. SOSP (Same Old Sanch Pologists)
    Well, there is SOME amount of truth to the idea. Problem is that it's being over sold. As if it explains all the problems.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post

Rex Ryan.
    Mark Sanchez.

These two guys are 3-8 in their last 11 games.

Is that the future you are looking forward to?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    There's nobody I would take over Sanchez. Not because he's the best right now, or because he'll ever be the greatest of all time. But he's young and on his way up. The Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. are all old men. They have more playing time behind them than ahead of them. This team needs a long-term base, built around Mark Sanchez. Not a flash-in-the-pan quarterback that could win us a few more games this year and then ride off into retirement.

Rex Ryan.
    Mark Sanchez.

WHAT??? what games are these people watching!!!!

and something for u to get used to.....if fat boy rex contuies to hitch his wagon to suckchez....he will also be gone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    WHAT??? what games are these people watching!!!!

and something for u to get used to.....if fat boy rex contuies to hitch his wagon to suckchez....he will also be gone!!!
    The only truth that poster is making is that sanchez and rex will both more then likely be here in 2013.

There is no GM in the league, that wouldnt die laughing if we called offering sanchez in a trade, and to cut him with $17 in guaranteed is not going to happen either.

Look, I was a BIG sanchez supporter coming into the year, i really thought he was gonna make "the leap". But what I cannot get over is his atrocious on-field demeanor. The sulking is beyond acceptable.

One idiotic post here compared sanchez and matt ryan....well ryan leads that team like a QB is supposed to and he has enough confidence in himself and his abilities to hold others accountable. Sanchez shows ZERO confidence in himself on the field....and the players see it.

He didnt learn from last year when players quit on him and there is very little reason to think the leadership light will ever go on for him.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

What circumstances was luck given this year?

Outside of Wayne, there isnt a single offensive playmaker on that team that is better then what we offer. Keller > Fleener Greene > Vic Ballard, Kerley > donnie avery. Our offensive line > their offensive line.

Yet somehow they have won 6 games...could it possibly be that the QB elevates the play of those around him?

Maybe he can actually move in the pocket, avoid a blitz and hit a receiver rather then getting sacked and fumbling?
    5 of the Colts 6 wins were against: Vikings, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Jaguars.

Mark Sanchez would have won 5 of 6 against those teams too.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Do you seriously think peyton wouldnt make this team better then it is now with sanchez? Are you deluisonal?

Name a single game where sanchez has elevated the play of those around him...
    There have quite a few the bad news is it has been the opposing defense..

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

It doesn't matter what you say, or how much evidence you have, it's not his fault.

It is every one else that is the problem.
    LOL. Love it. I'm finally a member of a cult.

Mark Sanchez played very well in 6 playoff games when complimented by a quality set of WR's, a true running game, a swing-back for dump-offs, and an effective OL. We've seen this. Wasn't a mirage, wasn't some made-for-TV movie.

Take away the WR's, the running game, the dump-back, and the OL, and Joe Montana would be reduced to a similar pile of rubble after two years of being pounded by DE's and LB's who come through the line unobstructed game after game after game.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    These two guys are 3-8 in their last 11 games.

Is that the future you are looking forward to?
    No, a--wipe, that's called the past.