Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Yes, he does.
    So would Joe Montana with this offense.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Sanchez is part of the problem but not even close to being the entire problem. There is no quick fix here. Replacing Sanchez does not transform this team into SB contenders.
    Jets fans are fickle. Quirky to a tee.

Chad Pennington was tolerated for 7 seasons in which he only played 49 of a possible 112 games, was woefully inconsistent, and played scared in big spots. All of this with a Hall of Fame RB, a Top 5 OL, and a consistent set of WR's in each of the seasons he actually played. All the offensive support in the world, did nothing with it.

Mark Sanchez isn't tolerated after 3˝ seasons in which he has played every game possible, won more playoff games than any QB in Jets history, played big in big spots. All of this with a weak carpetbagging receiving corps that he never had a chance to bond with, and a running game and OL that went from Top 5 to Bottom 5 due to neglect from his head coach and his GM.

People cried when Chad was shown the door, some would throw a parade if Mark was shown the door. Chad was given tons of support and did nothing, Mark was given no support and had great success. Chad couldn't make all the throws and was a cripple. Mark can make all the throws and is a rock. What a world.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People cried when Chad was shown the door
    People were booing pennington in the end. Nobody wanted him around.

Arguing over sanchez is pointless. He is done here. Lets focus on who is going to be the next qb. Whether is rex, tanny ior sanchez's fault, that doesnt matter. its over for mark sanchez in NY.

So who is going to be the next qb? Unfortunatley, I think it is going to be michael vick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Arguing over sanchez is pointless. He is done here. Lets focus on who is going to be the next qb. Whether is rex, tanny ior sanchez's fault, that doesnt matter. its over for mark sanchez in NY.

So who is going to be the next qb? Unfortunatley, I think it is going to be michael vick.
    Sanchez is not done here. He will be here one more season - at least - due to cap considerations.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez supporters are reporting that they have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is not done here. He will be here one more season - at least - due to cap considerations.
    This might be true, but he is not going to play. Someone else will be brought in. Maybe Michael vick. Maybe matt moore. But sanchez will be stapled to the bench in 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Jets fans are fickle. Quirky to a tee.

Chad Pennington was tolerated for 7 seasons in which he only played 49 of a possible 112 games, was woefully inconsistent, and played scared in big spots. All of this with a Hall of Fame RB, a Top 5 OL, and a consistent set of WR's in each of the seasons he actually played. All the offensive support in the world, did nothing with it.

Mark Sanchez isn't tolerated after 3˝ seasons in which he has played every game possible, won more playoff games than any QB in Jets history, played big in big spots. All of this with a weak carpetbagging receiving corps that he never had a chance to bond with, and a running game and OL that went from Top 5 to Bottom 5 due to neglect from his head coach and his GM.

People cried when Chad was shown the door, some would throw a parade if Mark was shown the door. Chad was given tons of support and did nothing, Mark was given no support and had great success. Chad couldn't make all the throws and was a cripple. Mark can make all the throws and is a rock. What a world.

SAR I

Total crock post. Do you even watch the games and watch our error prone QB? Sanchez was given more support than just about any new Qb that has ever come into this league. Most 1st round Qb's come to teams that suck from top to bottom, Sanchez comes into a team with a top 5 defense, running game and oline.

When inevitably one or more of those fell off and it was time for him to prove his worth as a QB he has fallen flat on his ass.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This might be true, but he is not going to play. Someone else will be brought in. Maybe Michael vick. Maybe matt moore. But sanchez will be stapled to the bench in 2013.
    Not a chance. They are not going to tie up that much $ in one position. If anything Tebow or McElroy might be given a shot in camp. This team is a hell of a lot more than a QB away from being contenders.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a chance. They are not going to tie up that much $ in one position. If anything Tebow or McElroy might be given a shot in camp. This team is a hell of a lot more than a QB away from being contenders.
    Matt Moore wont cost much. and after this season, vick wont cost much either.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans are fickle. Quirky to a tee....

..... Mark can make all the throws and is a rock. What a world.

SAR I

Give it up SAR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Give it up SAR.
    That pretty much sums it up for me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    No, he wouldn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does Hill need to do? Hold a "Im Open" neon sign up over his head.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Woody Johnson's ways save us again.

Same way he overspent on free agents to sell PSL's and we almost went to the Super Bowl, he overcommitted to Sanchez' contract and because we're essentially stuck with him we'll have no choice but to build up a real offense and thus give Mark the support he needs.

Win-win.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Give it up SAR.
    That this play resulted in an interception is ****ing embarrassing.

But hey, Joe Montana would have thrown a pick too, right SAR? I mean, what else could have been done with that ferocious pressure and no receivers open on the play?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    That this play resulted in an interception is ****ing embarrassing.

But hey, Joe Montana would have thrown a pick too, right SAR? I mean, what else could have been done with that ferocious pressure and no receivers open on the play?
    The ref is all over him. He probably didn't think he could squeeze it in there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Give it up SAR.
    He didn't see him. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Happens to every QB in the NFL every few games. Especially those not looking for a butterfingered target when under siege due to a porous offensive line.

The damage to Mark Sanchez is done. You can't show me a photo from the Seattle game played by a team that's won 3 of its last 12 games and say "look, he sucks!" Until Tebow is gone and some legitimate talent is put around him, Mark is what he is. A mess.

There was a time that with the right personnel around him, Mark Sanchez was the successful quarterback of a team on a 16-4 run. Go show me some funny photos from that time period, you know, when we actually had some offensive weapons and a running game.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    No he wouldn't!

Montana was smart and accurate. Montana wouldn't get ball after ball tipped at the line. Montana wouldn't make wide open wr's dive for ball. Montana wouldn't put balls where the WR can't turn it up and run after the catch.....

Sanchez sucks no matter how you slice it. Maybe this isn't all isnt schtick but it's bullsh!t. You've been spot on for a while now regarding this team. This one time you're 100% wrong. Mark is toast here and won't ever be anything more then an average QB at best. He isn't the only problem but he's our #1 problem.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The damage to Mark Sanchez is done.
    SAR I
    I think this is the point most were trying to make in this thread. How did we get to 240 posts?

At this point, it doesn't matter if it's on Cavanaugh, Schotty and/or Rex. He is done, so let's not try to build an All-Madden team over the next few years in the hopes that Sanchez can up his completion percentage to 56%. Time to move on.

If Rex is gone also, so be it. Whatever it takes to get #6 out from under center.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    Sar, you continue to defend Mark Sanchez on this board. It's now his 4th year and he hasn't completed over 55% of his passes yet. ROOKIES are now regularly completing over 60% of their passes. Look at what Russell f'n Wilson is doing! When will you start putting the blame on Sanchez and realize he's not a starting QB?

Damien Woody said it best:

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    So basically the Jets need to put together an ALL-PRO roster 4 Sanchez to succeed?! There’s this thing called a salary cap ppl
    Expand

20m Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    I’m a Sanchez supporter & all I’m saying is…..IT’S TIME!!! Personnel has nothing to do w/ turnovers…he controls that!
    Expand

32m Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    The front office hasn’t helped 6 but your QB needs to be a playmaker! It’s like all 3 phases has to be good for Sanchez 2 succeed
    Expand

46m Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    Here’s my deal w/ Sanchez….he doesn’t make the guys around him better. Personnel limitations aside, when does he become a playmaker for #NYJ

I'm glad I don't use Twatter. So ****ing annoying.

oody to go do something else besides knocking the NY Jets for a living