Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Question for SAR

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez has spent more than half his career behind a pathetic offensive line that puts him under a severe pass rush

Mark Sanchez has spent more than half his career without a running attack that takes away the play action pass and floods LB's in passing lanes.

Mark Sanchez has spent more than half his career without a legitimate emergency back to dump-off to to turn negative plays into positives.

Mark Sanchez has spent more than half his career without a decent set of wide receivers to throw to.

Mark Sanchez has spent his entire career without a consistent set of wide receivers to develop a chemistry with.

The issue is that this "half his career" is currently taking place, and those with short-term memory issues forget how he went 16-4 back when he had a modicum of support.

If Mark Sanchez was leading an offense that featured '09 Braylon Edwards, '09 Jericho Cotchery, '10 Ladanian Tomlinson, '09 Thomas Jones/Shonn Greene, '10 Santonio Holmes, and '08 Dustin Keller then I'd agree with you, Mark has major problems. He's got nowhere near that arsenal right now, so you can't judge him properly.

Said it before, say it again: Start looking at the running game, the defense, and the coaching in that order. You'll find a 3-6 record right there before you even get into the damage that Sanchez might have done on his own.

SAR I
    When we led the league in rushing, he couldnt complete 60% of his passes in a season

When we got him Braylon and Santonio he couldnt complete 60% of his passes in a season

In 2010 our offensive line had 3 first round picks on it, and 4 players who have appeared in a pro-bowl, and he couldnt complete 60% of his passes

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    When we led the league in rushing, he couldnt complete 60% of his passes in a season

When we got him Braylon and Santonio he couldnt complete 60% of his passes in a season

In 2010 our offensive line had 3 first round picks on it, and 4 players who have appeared in a pro-bowl, and he couldnt complete 60% of his passes
    What's funny is SAR has more in common with his nemesis Rex Ryan than he thinks. Both have hitched their wagon to a loser and Sanchez will surely take both of them down in flames.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

2009, he was a 22 year old rookie. The bigger story was how he was brutal during a 1-6 run and bounced back to finish 7-2 including big road playoff victories.

2009, he was a 22 year old rookie. The bigger story was how he was brutal during a 1-6 run and bounced back to finish 7-2 including big road playoff victories.

278 for 507 which was a 54.8% completion percentage. Had he thrown for 60.0%, he'd have had 304 completions. That's a variance of 26 completions or 1.62 completions per game.

Ooh. I guess we'd have gone 16-0 instead of 11-5 had Mark Sanchez achieved your mystical stat that doesn't mean dick.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    What's funny is SAR has more in common with his nemesis Rex Ryan than he thinks. Both have hitched their wagon to a loser and Sanchez will surely take both of them down in flames.
    Wrong.

Rex Ryan has a clock ticking on his tenure.

SAR is in this for the next 30 years.

Ryan has to win quickly or be gone.

SAR can be patient an extra year or two to see if we finally have a franchise quarterback on the roster after waiting 30 years. I'd rather go 0-32 in the next two seasons to prove that Mark Sanchez is a bust than to go 17-15 and watch him become a franchise quarterback for another NFL team. It's a risk I'm willing to take based on past performance and the current roster which resembles a USFL team.

SAR I

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Wrong.

Rex Ryan has a clock ticking on his tenure.

SAR is in this for the next 30 years.

Ryan has to win quickly or be gone.

SAR can be patient an extra year or two to see if we finally have a franchise quarterback on the roster after waiting 30 years. I'd rather go 0-32 in the next two seasons to prove that Mark Sanchez is a bust than to go 17-15 and watch him become a franchise quarterback for another NFL team. It's a risk I'm willing to take based on past performance and the current roster which resembles a USFL team.

SAR I
    I can understand this.

Personally Ive seen enough. He has done well on a team, but has never had great #'s on his own with or without talent. Its not like his #'s are hurting more this year than the past 3.....he peaked in his rookie season imo.

Hey though, thats your opinion, and i can see where ur coming from with it. but i think Mark at most will have next season to show us his light. Oh Mark, Spread your wings and FLY butterfly.

278 for 507 which was a 54.8% completion percentage. Had he thrown for 60.0%, he'd have had 304 completions. That's a variance of 26 completions or 1.62 completions per game.

Ooh. I guess we'd have gone 16-0 instead of 11-5 had Mark Sanchez achieved your mystical stat that doesn't mean dick.

SAR I
    26 passes can be the difference between 5-11 and 11-5 in a season. I hope you weren't serious with this. Just the Pats and Texans games alone this season play out way differently if he hits Cromartie and Hill wide open deep for easy, I mean easy TDs. And that's 2 passes, let alone 26.

SAR I
    Mystical stat? Completion percentage? Sure buddy, thats a meaningless stat

Good argument, lets also forget about those pesky fumbles and ints, those dont mean anything either

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Mystical stat? Completion percentage? Sure buddy, thats a meaningless stat
    Doesn't Chad Pennington have the highest completion % in NFL history?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    After Pennington:

2. Drew Brees
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Kurt Warner
    5. Peyton Manning

Are any of those guys good? Pennington's accuracy was his strong point too, I really don't get your post...

Jets Insider VIP
    And he never won a big game. NEVER. Wild card games are NOT big games.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    And he never won a big game. NEVER. Wild card games are NOT big games.
    If Doug Brien makes a kick, then Chad "beat" the mighty Steelers on the road. Teams win playoff games. Neither Pennington or Sanchez has ever been at the level where you could attribute a playoff win solely to their individual excellence.

And newsflash, Sanchez wasn't beating the Raiders in '02 the way they shredded our D. Sorry. Whenever Sanchez has been in a playoff game where the opposing team's offense played well, he has for sure lost. That is indisputable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

After Pennington:

2. Drew Brees
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Kurt Warner
    5. Peyton Manning

Are any of those guys good? Pennington's accuracy was his strong point too, I really don't get your post...

Completion % is not the best measure of QB skill. Pennington isn't close to being the best QB ever, that's absurd.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Doug Brien makes a kick, then Chad "beat" the mighty Steelers on the road. Teams win playoff games. Neither Pennington or Sanchez has ever been at the level where you could attribute a playoff win solely to their individual excellence.

And newsflash, Sanchez wasn't beating the Raiders in '02 the way they shredded our D. Sorry. Whenever Sanchez has been in a playoff game where the opposing team's offense played well, he has for sure lost. That is indisputable.
    Do you have a CHAD Fathead on the wall????

I don't care anymore but lets not re write history. If Hill catches that pass..perhaps we win the next 3???

If I dated Julia Roberts...... Get the idea? Be Kool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Pennington couldn't even get the Jets in the endzone lol. He sucked in the playoffs dude

Completion % is not the best measure of QB skill. Pennington isn't close to being the best QB ever, that's absurd.
    Not the best measure, but not a bad one. The elite players in today's game complete a high percentage. If you're 32nd out of 32 in that stat, you're doing something very wrong, but we already knew that

Jets Insider VIP
    Pennington couldn't even get the Jets in the endzone lol. He sucked in the playoffs dude
    His year with the Dolphins was perhaps his best year....BLOWN OUT in playoffs.

Got us in the endzone against the Colts and the Pats. You're missing the point anyway. People would give Pennington credit for a gritty performance against a good Steelers D if Brien makes that kick. Just like idiots give Sanchez a ton of credit for throwing for 100 yards (and an INT) and beating the Chargers on the same day our D held a borderline 5,000 yard passing offense to 14 points.

He's your quarterback, will be for at least the next 2 years. Better get used to it.

And good thing, too. Good quarterbacks are hard to find, and anyone who could win 16 of 20 games, 4 of 6 playoff games, and lead 5 remarkable comeback wins is worthy of the investment we've made in him.

SAR I
    FIVE whole comeback wins in 4 years? That's 5 of them you mean, right? Wow, could you lower your standards in a little bit further?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    FIVE whole comeback wins in 4 years? That's 5 of them you mean, right? Wow, could you lower your standards in a little bit further?
    They happened in a 6 week period back when he had the tools necessary to succeed. It was pretty special.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd rather go 0-32 in the next two seasons to prove that Mark Sanchez is a bust than to go 17-15 and watch him become a franchise quarterback for another NFL team.
    You need to dial it back a few notches or people are going to clue in to the joke.