Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 369

Thread: Question for SAR

  1. #281
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post



    Give it up SAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What does Hill need to do? Hold a "Im Open" neon sign up over his head.
    LOL that's basically what he's doing.

    Guido don't lie to me... Did you photoshop that guy there

  2. #282
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    LOL that's basically what he's doing.

    Guido don't lie to me... Did you photoshop that guy there


    SAR I

  3. #283
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0


    SAR I

  4. #284
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0


    SAR I

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    SAR I
    When receivers can't get open, the OL can't pass protect, the backup QB puts us in 3rd and longs, and the RB can't gain yards consistently, 3 and outs are a regular occurrence.

    When receivers can't get open? What games have you been watching? Yeah let's pretend, Schilens against the Dolphins and Cromartie against the Texans never burned anyone. Which btw don't even complain that he was even in there because all he was doing was go routes, WHICH he succeeded on, but bum Sanchez threw it out of bounds. Receivers DO get open, but Sanchez can't hit them.And even if he does, its so out of the way they can't get any YAC yards.


    Ah, so a 2 week bye- and 1 week of pure vacation time- wasn't enough to keep the D from getting gassed on a cool day in Seattle after playing only 8 games of a 16 game season? The 5 minutes of minus TOP was the straw that broke the defense's back?

    It doesn't matter if it was the first game of the season, or the first game after the bye. If you have an offense that has consecutive 3-and-outs and keeps putting the defense out after big stops it WILL have an effect.

    So the defense is allowed to use the "I'm tired, on the field too long, I'm gassed" excuse but the QB who has been under siege from a porous OL and is asked to do wind-sprints to the sidelines every few plays to let the backup come in isn't?

    Yeah, because believe it or not Sanchez hasn't been under that much duress. Don't blame him missing throws or poor reads as him being tired. Theres a big difference between missing tackles due to being tired and making a bad read because of fatigue.


    The defense allowed 28 points after a 2 week bye and 1 week of pure vacation time. Two of the scores weren't on drives but quick-strike bombs. It was a pathetic showing. Far worse than our QB's performance which is saying a lot.

    Regardless of what you say, our defense kept us in the game last week for 3 quarters, so just because they had one bad one, it makes up for Sanchez's scoreless 3 games? I'm not buying it.

    Sanchez is the problem, not Rex or the D

  6. #286
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    When receivers can't get open, the OL can't pass protect, the backup QB puts us in 3rd and longs, and the RB can't gain yards consistently, 3 and outs are a regular occurrence.

    When receivers can't get open? What games have you been watching? Yeah let's pretend, Schilens against the Dolphins and Cromartie against the Texans never burned anyone. Which btw don't even complain that he was even in there because all he was doing was go routes, WHICH he succeeded on, but bum Sanchez threw it out of bounds. Receivers DO get open, but Sanchez can't hit them.And even if he does, its so out of the way they can't get any YAC yards.


    Ah, so a 2 week bye- and 1 week of pure vacation time- wasn't enough to keep the D from getting gassed on a cool day in Seattle after playing only 8 games of a 16 game season? The 5 minutes of minus TOP was the straw that broke the defense's back?

    It doesn't matter if it was the first game of the season, or the first game after the bye. If you have an offense that has consecutive 3-and-outs and keeps putting the defense out after big stops it WILL have an effect.

    So the defense is allowed to use the "I'm tired, on the field too long, I'm gassed" excuse but the QB who has been under siege from a porous OL and is asked to do wind-sprints to the sidelines every few plays to let the backup come in isn't?

    Yeah, because believe it or not Sanchez hasn't been under that much duress. Don't blame him missing throws or poor reads as him being tired. Theres a big difference between missing tackles due to being tired and making a bad read because of fatigue.


    The defense allowed 28 points after a 2 week bye and 1 week of pure vacation time. Two of the scores weren't on drives but quick-strike bombs. It was a pathetic showing. Far worse than our QB's performance which is saying a lot.

    Regardless of what you say, our defense kept us in the game last week for 3 quarters, so just because they had one bad one, it makes up for Sanchez's scoreless 3 games? I'm not buying it.

    Sanchez is the problem, not Rex or the D
    Except for the opener against Buffalo, the offense, defense and special teams have been consistently horrible this season. That's on Rex.

    And which of our 53 players on the team have played up to their talent level? Cromartie and maybe Kerley? Every single other player on the entire roster has disappointed. Rex is doing a good job you think?

    Sanchez, Rex and Tannenbaum are all to blame. A perfect storm of ****ty QB play, a lack of talent at nearly every position and piss poor preparation and coaching.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sanchez didn't suck in 2009-2010.

    Sanchez sucks today because we've ruined him.

    Sanchez might not suck in 2013 with some roster and coaching changes.

    If there's even a 10% chance that Mark could blossom into a Top 10 quarterback, you take that chance because it's impossible to find franchise quarterbacks. We've only been searching since 1970. From what I've seen in high-pressure games, 4th quarter comeback games, and postseason games, I'm not ready to throw in the towel.

    SAR I



  8. #288
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post

    Regardless of what you say, our defense kept us in the game last week for 3 quarters, so just because they had one bad one, it makes up for Sanchez's scoreless 3 games? I'm not buying it.

    Sanchez is the problem, not Rex or the D
    Let's look at this a different way, shall we?

    In the middle of his rookie 2009 season, Mark Sanchez was brutally bad. We all remember the Miami and Buffalo debacles, the wrist bands, all of that. Mark was so bad we went on a 1-6 run that normally would have ended a season. Things looked awful. We hoped it was just a rookie adjusting.

    But from that moment, Mark got his sh-t together and the team went on a 7-2 tear to end the '09 campaign followed immediately by a 9-2 tear to start the '10 campaign. That's 16 wins in 20 games. 4 playoff wins, and was the best Jet on the field in the 2 losses. Remarkable.

    From that moment, things started going south for Mark Sanchez. Not coincidentally, the #1 defense in the NFL fell to the middle of the pack, the #3 rushing attack in the NFL fell to the bottom. All the WR's that Mark had success with were gone or injured, the OL fell to pieces, the OC spot a train wreck, the HC dealing with a locker room meltdown.

    We need this history lesson as a reminder that Mark Sanchez was a damned good quarterback for a 20 game consecutive regular season stretch and in 6 consecutive playoff games. When the rest of the team was performing properly, Mark Sanchez was one of our best players, personally leading to 5 remarkable comeback wins in our epic 2010 season.

    A quarterback can't do it on his own. This isn't golf, isn't tennis. And unlike a guttural defense, offensive football is about timing and finesse and consistency and Mark Sanchez hasn't been given a competent set of skill players and coordinators to do his job, the job that he did extremely well for half of his career.

    This is why you don't quit on Mark Sanchez. He's proven that he can be a good quarterback when he's got support.

    SAR I

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Except for the opener against Buffalo, the offense, defense and special teams have been consistently horrible this season. That's on Rex.

    And which of our 53 players on the team have played up to their talent level? Cromartie and maybe Kerley? Every single other player on the entire roster has disappointed. Rex is doing a good job you think?

    Sanchez, Rex and Tannenbaum are all to blame. A perfect storm of ****ty QB play, a lack of talent at nearly every position and piss poor preparation and coaching.
    I believe Rex is doing a great job considering what he has. Look, besides the Pittsburgh game, the Defense has kept us in every game. People seem to miscue this fact.

    Look at the 9ers game for instance. San Francisco scored 34 on us yes, but only in the 10 points in the first half (TD was after a Sanchez fumble). 7 points in the third quarter and a whopping 17 points in the 4th. Coincidence ? It's not. If the offense keeps having 3-and-outs the defense will get gassed. But it's the defenses fault for getting tired and discouraged?

    The defense held NE to 20 points. This is the same NE team that leads the league in PF by a wide margin. And yet its not Sanchez fault he fumbles in the endzone and gets a safety?

    Look I'm not saying this team is flawless and its all on Sanchez, but to say he's not the biggest problem and to say that the defense is, is absurd.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let's look at this a different way, shall we?

    In the middle of his rookie 2009 season, Mark Sanchez was brutally bad. We all remember the Miami and Buffalo debacles, the wrist bands, all of that. Mark was so bad we went on a 1-6 run that normally would have ended a season. Things looked awful. We hoped it was just a rookie adjusting.

    But from that moment, Mark got his sh-t together and the team went on a 7-2 tear to end the '09 campaign followed immediately by a 9-2 tear to start the '10 campaign. That's 16 wins in 20 games. 4 playoff wins, and was the best Jet on the field in the 2 losses. Remarkable.

    From that moment, things started going south for Mark Sanchez. Not coincidentally, the #1 defense in the NFL fell to the middle of the pack, the #3 rushing attack in the NFL fell to the bottom. All the WR's that Mark had success with were gone or injured, the OL fell to pieces, the OC spot a train wreck, the HC dealing with a locker room meltdown.

    We need this history lesson as a reminder that Mark Sanchez was a damned good quarterback for a 20 game consecutive regular season stretch and in 6 consecutive playoff games. When the rest of the team was performing properly, Mark Sanchez was one of our best players, personally leading to 5 remarkable comeback wins in our epic 2010 season.

    A quarterback can't do it on his own. This isn't golf, isn't tennis. And unlike a guttural defense, offensive football is about timing and finesse and consistency and Mark Sanchez hasn't been given a competent set of skill players and coordinators to do his job, the job that he did extremely well for half of his career.

    This is why you don't quit on Mark Sanchez. He's proven that he can be a good quarterback when he's got support.

    SAR I
    Ok SAR, lets keep the history lesson going on, because I think you forgot about some of these gems.

    2010 Schedule

    BAL 10-9 L 10-21 74yds 0td 0int

    GB 9-0 L 16-38 256yds 0td 2int

    NE 45-3 L 17-33 164yds 0td 3int

    MIA 10-6 L 17-44 216yds 0td 1int


    Now obviously he didn't have that kind of season the whole season, but for you to say he was this great QB who single handedly led the Jets to all these wins is crazy.

    Its now 2 years later, if I showed these box score stats to someone else, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference of when it was.

    My point is, it doesn't matter what O-line you put in front of him, what running back you put behind him, or what receivers he has to throw to, he will always be an inaccurate inconsistent QB who doesn't know how to protect the ball.

  11. #291
    Jets owner Woody Johnson insists Mark Sanchez is "our franchise quarterback."
    "I don't view him that way," said Johnson. "That's what he is." Yawn. Johnson accepted no responsibility for the Tim Tebow trade and chastised reporters for speculation that it was driven by a desire to sell personal seat licenses. "Sanchize" has ranked at or near the bottom of the barrel in Pro Football Focus' adjust accuracy percentage, plays under pressure, and overall QB grade in each of his four seasons with the Jets.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Ok SAR, lets keep the history lesson going on, because I think you forgot about some of these gems.

    2010 Schedule

    BAL 10-9 L 10-21 74yds 0td 0int

    GB 9-0 L 16-38 256yds 0td 2int

    NE 45-3 L 17-33 164yds 0td 3int

    MIA 10-6 L 17-44 216yds 0td 1int


    Now obviously he didn't have that kind of season the whole season, but for you to say he was this great QB who single handedly led the Jets to all these wins is crazy.

    Its now 2 years later, if I showed these box score stats to someone else, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference of when it was.

    My point is, it doesn't matter what O-line you put in front of him, what running back you put behind him, or what receivers he has to throw to, he will always be an inaccurate inconsistent QB who doesn't know how to protect the ball.
    A "damn good" QB who threw 17 TDs and like 3300 yards in his "career year" in 2010. SAR would have reamed Pennington for those numbers...

    Problem is posters like SAR cannot separate out the team success from the mediocre QB play.

  13. #293
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    Jets owner Woody Johnson insists Mark Sanchez is "our franchise quarterback."
    "I don't view him that way," said Johnson. "That's what he is." Yawn. Johnson accepted no responsibility for the Tim Tebow trade and chastised reporters for speculation that it was driven by a desire to sell personal seat licenses. "Sanchize" has ranked at or near the bottom of the barrel in Pro Football Focus' adjust accuracy percentage, plays under pressure, and overall QB grade in each of his four seasons with the Jets.
    And there you go.

    Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback in difficult circumstances.

    Notice that Mr. Johnson didn't say "He's our head coach" or "He's our general manager". He knows where the blame for Mark's difficulties lies. Wait and see.

    SAR I

  14. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback in difficult circumstances.


    "Sanchize" has ranked at or near the bottom of the barrel in Pro Football Focus' adjust accuracy percentage, plays under pressure, and overall QB grade in each of his four seasons with the Jets".

    I guessed you missed that part.

  15. #295
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    A "damn good" QB who threw 17 TDs and like 3300 yards in his "career year" in 2010. SAR would have reamed Pennington for those numbers...

    Problem is posters like SAR cannot separate out the team success from the mediocre QB play.
    I reamed Chad Pennington properly.

    History shows he couldn't stay healthy, couldn't win big games, and wasn't worth the investment.

    Mark Sanchez just celebrated his 26th birthday and is only in his 4th season. The reason it feels like he's been here forever is because Pennington played so few games.

    It's Mark Sanchez' team for the next 3-5 years. You don't like it, jump off. Arguing about it gets you nowhere.

    SAR I

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I reamed Chad Pennington properly.

    History shows he couldn't stay healthy, couldn't win big games, and wasn't worth the investment.

    Mark Sanchez just celebrated his 26th birthday and is only in his 4th season. The reason it feels like he's been here forever is because Pennington played so few games.

    It's Mark Sanchez' team for the next 3-5 years. You don't like it, jump off. Arguing about it gets you nowhere.

    SAR I
    And the Mets will be David Wright's team for the next 3-5 years, so what's your point? You wouldn't be telling Mets fans to jump off if they don't like it, instead, you will be telling them (and rightfully so) to raise their standards. So why the lack of perspective when it comes to Sanchez?

  17. #297
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    And the Mets will be David Wright's team for the next 3-5 years, so what's your point?
    Not sure about that.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I reamed Chad Pennington properly.

    History shows he couldn't stay healthy, couldn't win big games, and wasn't worth the investment.

    Mark Sanchez just celebrated his 26th birthday and is only in his 4th season. The reason it feels like he's been here forever is because Pennington played so few games.

    It's Mark Sanchez' team for the next 3-5 years. You don't like it, jump off. Arguing about it gets you nowhere.

    SAR I
    You don't understand the argument I guess. I realize that it's his team, but what YOU don't realize that it's also Rex's team. For you to point fingers at him and the defense while turning away from Sanchez' problems and making excuses for him is what a lot of people are arguing.

    So maybe you should jump off.

  19. #299
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    It's Mark Sanchez' team for the next 3-5 years. You don't like it, jump off. Arguing about it gets you nowhere.

    SAR I
    The team's decision to share a stadium with the Giants in New Jersey didn't jettison my love of the team. But I can't watch another season of Mark Sanchez as our starting QB. I simply cannot do it.

    Wake me when it is over.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    It's Mark Sanchez' team for the next 3-5 years. You don't like it, jump off. Arguing about it gets you nowhere.

    SAR I
    That's going to require a second, and quite large, contract extension. Go ahead and justify it given his performance on the field and the other salary cap demands on the team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us