Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for SAR

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Enough. This is becoming like the chad witch trials. Lock this thread. we get it. SAR wants to rebuild around sanchez so in 2016 he can maybe be a decent qb.

The rest of us in reality realize the guy is awful and after this year, he will never take a meaningful snap for us again.

Thread over. Nothing more to see here.
    Oh, there's plenty more to see.

Eventually some of these people will try to convince us that The Easter Bunny is fake but Santa Claus is real.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No doubt about it.

Mark Sanchez gave the defense 3 points and a shot at the win in New England with 90 seconds left until they let Tom Brady march down the field, twice.

Funny, I didn't hear any complaints about Wilkerson, Scott, and Harris on that afternoon. No threads calling for them to be benched, no threads screaming for their backups to play, no threads asking for them to be cut next season.

Weird, right?

SAR I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo6x1drKtnI

Ah, more Jets Insider logic. Let me commit this one to memory:

1. It's not okay if Mark Sanchez doesn't play like Tom Brady.

2. It's okay if the Defense loses games because of the play of Tom Brady.

This is good stuff. Keep it coming.

SAR I
    Who is comparing Sanchez to Brady? Mark is being outperformed by the likes of Blaine Gabbert, let alone Tom Brady.

The D gave us a great chance to win that game. As usual, the offense blew it, turning it over to end the game in overtime (after 2 other turnovers earlier) when a FG would have extended the game and a TD would have won it. Special teams gets an assist for blowing the game too giving up the TD return.

Reminder:

In 2009 the 9-7 Jets would have been 7-9 if the Colts and Bengals hadn't benched their starters. Imagine that. The #1 defense in the NFL with a losing record. Blasphemy.SAR I
    The reason they would've had a losing record wasn't because of the #1 defense, had those teams not rested their starters, it would be because the quarterback was an inaccurate, turnover machine that inhibited the top rated units on the rest of the team from winning the AFC East. Damn, you're hard to get through to, Nick!!!
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 11-13-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Even if they bring someone into camp to challenge him its going to be a journeyman on the cheap.
    They could bring in matt moore on the cheap and he would beat out sanchez in a nanosecond.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Who is comparing Sanchez to Brady? Mark is being outperformed by the likes of Blaine Gabbert, let alone Tom Brady.
    In your last post you said that it was okay that the defense blew a 3 point lead in New England to Tom Brady because he's Tom Brady.

You have lots of excuses for Rex Ryan and the defense. You have no such tolerance for Mark Sanchez. All three suck equally. Spread your vitriol accordingly.

SAR I

Red face

They could bring in matt moore on the cheap and he would beat out sanchez in a nanosecond.
    I would be fine with bringing in a Matt Moore type to compete with Sanchez. Like you, I think he'd win the job if he were given a fair shake, but something tells me Sanchez's salary and Rex and Tanny being tied to him would ultimately see Sanchez starting again in week 1. Next year's prospects for this team honestly look pretty bleak.

Nope. And let's get right to the point:

The Jets are NOT supposed to win in the air. They're not supposed to be a team that airs it out 45 times a game. They are constructed to win on a stifling DEFENSE and a ball-controlling RUNNING GAME.

It is only because those two areas SUCK that Mark Sanchez is being asked to do too much on an offense that's not constructed to win that way. He's the SCAPEGOAT for Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum.

Typical JI, blaming the wrong people again and again.

SAR I
    I'm late to the Sar party, but this post needs to be said again (I know there was a whole thread about this..). The Jets have been constructed to win ugly, by Rex and Tannenbaum. We are suppose to win games 13-7, or 17-14. With that margin of victory, we could actually lose the game instead.
    We all said it in the spring and summer that we have no receivers, and that if there was a god, Braylon would be back with us. Mark Sanchez may not be able to hit a barn in a consistent basis, but I have not seen his WR's bail him out if he does.
    Our number one receiver Kerley (all 5'9" of him) cannot take it to the house for some easy TD's the way Victor Cruz or a top NFL receiver can. This happened at least twice this year. In the most recent game if Kerley doesn't get caught from behind (again!), the Keller interception would not have happened. I don't even want to mention the drops!
    If any of you play touch or flag football as a QB on regular basis, you would know that playing with mediocre WR's is the most frustrating thing, especially in the NFL level were you get 3-4 sec's on average to get rid of the football.

One last note, the Tebow thing has to stop. Rhythm QB's like Mark cannot be pulled out after they complete a pass. This thing is so dumb various commentators (Simms, Gannon) point out that it doesn't benefit either of the QB's. I dont care who they start as long as the Jets win some M'Fing games!

In your last post you said that it was okay that the defense blew a 3 point lead in New England to Tom Brady because he's Tom Brady.

You have lots of excuses for Rex Ryan and the defense. You have no such tolerance for Mark Sanchez. All three suck equally. Spread your vitriol accordingly.

SAR I
    Nothing to spread, this team would be leading the division right now with a better QB and even your hate for Rex Ryan would have to be put on hold.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I would be fine with bringing in a Matt Moore type to compete with Sanchez. Like you, I think he'd win the job if he were given a fair shake, but something tells me Sanchez's salary and Rex and Tanny being tied to him would ultimately see Sanchez starting again in week 1. Next year's prospects for this team honestly look pretty bleak.
    This team needs an overhaul. Rebuild - embrace the thought. Changing QBs is not going to win us the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    The reason they would've had a losing record wasn't because of the #1 defense, had those teams not rested their starters, it would be because the quarterback was an inaccurate, turnover machine that inhibited the top rated units on the rest of the team from winning the AFC East. Damn, you're hard to get through to, Nick!!!
    Mark Sanchez' first year was rough. Why? Because he was a f-cking rookie, that's why. No clipboard time like Rodgers or Pennington. Nope. Right into the fire.

But by the time the coaches helped him and simplified the playbook, boom, off we go on a run where we win 16 of our next 20 games. Tell me again how a quarterback is meaningless in that feat but is 100% accountable for losing 6 of our last 9.

This team was built by Rex Ryan to win on defense and a strong running game. Because both are weak as sh-t, we have to pass far more than we're supposed to and when that happens Mark Sanchez has to rely more on his horrible receiving targets and we lose.

The 3-9 record in the last 12 games are more on the defense and the running game because THAT's how we're built to win games, according to you THAT's how we won 'em back when we went on that 16-4 run, right?

If we had the #1 Defense and the #3 Rushing attack like we did a few years ago AND Mark Sanchez was sh-tting the bed I'd be onboard the killwagon like the rest of you. It's simply not the case. You are barking up the wrong tree.

Sanchez sucks, but isn't our issue. The defense and rushing game sucks, that's our issue. Because that's how we're built to win. That's where all our draft picks went. That's where all the cap money went. That's where all our HC's time went. Defense and Ground & Pound. When it goes, we go. Curing Mark Sanchez, while important, isn't the reason we're a joke. Defense and Ground & Pound is.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

ecause he was a f-cking rookie, that's why. No clipboard time like Rodgers

Sanchez sucks, but isn't our issue. The defense and rushing game sucks, that's our issue. Because that's how we're built to win. That's where all our draft picks went. That's where all the cap money went. That's where all our HC's time went. Defense and Ground & Pound. When it goes, we go. Curing Mark Sanchez, while important, isn't the reason we're a joke. Defense and Ground & Pound is.

SAR I
    Sanchez sucks, yet we should keep him and build around him? It's a QB league. QB's make coaches!!

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This team needs an overhaul. Rebuild - embrace the thought. Changing QBs is not going to win us the division.
    Can't rebuild yet though when we're on the books for all that money to Mark next year so the only alternative is to bring in a cheap option that could realistically play for us if and when Sanchez struggles. I don't consider Tebow that option. I'm not putting up with another 16 games of Mark next year if it looks like this, the fans deserve better and the GM owes it to the team and fanbase (and himself if indeed Tanny survives this year) to bring in another option.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Can't rebuild yet though when we're on the books for all that money to Mark next year so the only alternative is to bring in a cheap option that could realistically play for us if and when Sanchez struggles. I don't consider Tebow that option. I'm not putting up with another 16 games of Mark next year if it looks like this, the fans deserve better and the GM owes it to the team and fanbase (and himself if indeed Tanny survives this year) to bring in another option.
    They need to start clearing out cap space and dead weight and when it makes financial sense part ways with Sanchez. This has to start now. Tanny and Rex -gone. Bring in an experienced football man. Keep a core of young guys and trade everyone else for draft picks. Let the FAs walk. Work out some type of deal where we can sign Revis and then trade him (I know this isn't basketball). With any luck we can be competitive again in 2015. Brady will be gone or his skills will be diminished and the division will be up for grabs.

Mark Sanchez' first year was rough. Why? Because he was a f-cking rookie, that's why. No clipboard time like Rodgers or Pennington. Nope. Right into the fire.

But by the time the coaches helped him and simplified the playbook, boom, off we go on a run where we win 16 of our next 20 games. Tell me again how a quarterback is meaningless in that feat but is 100% accountable for losing 6 of our last 9.

This team was built by Rex Ryan to win on defense and a strong running game. Because both are weak as sh-t, we have to pass far more than we're supposed to and when that happens Mark Sanchez has to rely more on his horrible receiving targets and we lose.

The 3-9 record in the last 12 games are more on the defense and the running game because THAT's how we're built to win games, according to you THAT's how we won 'em back when we went on that 16-4 run, right?

If we had the #1 Defense and the #3 Rushing attack like we did a few years ago AND Mark Sanchez was sh-tting the bed I'd be onboard the killwagon like the rest of you. It's simply not the case. You are barking up the wrong tree.

SAR I
    You were completely right in 2007 for wanting to get rid of Chad Pennington, and now in 2012 you are completely wrong in your steadfast support of Mark Sanchez, who, for whatever reason, is completely destroyed as a player. Why you would want to continue wasting time having to watch the same meltdown perpetrated week after week by the same person is beyond me. That's ok though, it's not so bad to be right 50% of the time overall, but in the case of Mark Sanchez, you are 100% wrong, and history is going to prove it as such, because when the team around him does rebound, and he continues to play like this, he's going to be out the door, and the Jets are going to be back at square one, searching for another rookie franchise quarterback that is going to take 4 years to develop. The Jets as a team are finished right now, and as soon as they can, they need to purge themselves of Mark Sanchez, and start over again. Unfortunately, his contract is such an albatross that they probably can't release him before next year under any circumstance, so now we have to put up with another year of this ****, so the only reasonable thing to do is sign a respectable veteran to play the year (i.e. Kyle Orton, Matt Moore, Byron Leftwich, etc), and then cut Mark Sanchez as soon as feasibly possible.

He's finished, and this Jets team as presently constituted is finished, and the only way to get back to being a contending team is to start off by blowing up the quarterback situation and try again there. Then you have to fix the offensive line, get an adequate running back and a couple decent receivers along with Holmes hopefully coming back from injury. Hope to hell to find an actual premier pass rushing defensive end, get some new linebackers to move in next to Harris, hope Revis comes back healthy and good, and get a safety or two that can actually cover some people.

Yes, all these things need to be done in order to help the quarterback succeed, and they aren't being done right now to support Sanchez, but, there are plenty of us reading between the lines past those things that feel that even if all of the above is taken care of, Sanchez still won't perform well enough to warrant the starting job with the Jets, i.e. they can do better. You aren't reading between those lines, and that's fine, but plenty of us feel that for whatever reason, Sanchez doesn't have it anymore, and the time you waste building the team around him to where everything is just so, only to find out that Sanchez is still going to suck and not be able to lead the team to better than 8-8, to us, is a waste of time. Start off with a new quarterback and try to fix all the problems of the team, but do it with a fresh quarterback that actually has a chance to become the next Tom Brady if fostered in the right environment, not, if all these things improved, then your guy has a chance of maybe becoming as good as Blaine Gabbert is as a second year player.

All League
    What does Hill need to do? Hold a "Im Open" neon sign up over his head.
    Hill would have dropped the pass anyway.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is the first thread in the history of JI where people are arguing over emphasis, not different opinions.

There is absolutely no point to this discussion because how the team may or may not have been built and the possible rationale for picking the QB is completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    I'm late to the Sar party, but this post needs to be said again (I know there was a whole thread about this..). The Jets have been constructed to win ugly, by Rex and Tannenbaum. We are suppose to win games 13-7, or 17-14. With that margin of victory, we could actually lose the game instead.
    +1

You get it. Tell your friends.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Sanchez sucks, yet we should keep him and build around him? It's a QB league. QB's make coaches!!
    Sanchez didn't suck in 2009-2010.

Sanchez sucks today because we've ruined him.

Sanchez might not suck in 2013 with some roster and coaching changes.

If there's even a 10% chance that Mark could blossom into a Top 10 quarterback, you take that chance because it's impossible to find franchise quarterbacks. We've only been searching since 1970. From what I've seen in high-pressure games, 4th quarter comeback games, and postseason games, I'm not ready to throw in the towel.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Hill would have dropped the pass anyway.
    1. Even if Hill caught the pass, we'd have lost the game.

2. Even if Keller caught the pass, we'd have lost the game.

3. Even if Sanchez didn't fumble, we'd have lost the game.

The defense allowed 28 points. No way this offense scores 29.

SAR I