Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hannity: I've 'evolved' on immigration and support a 'pathway to citizenship'

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    lolz, but anyways

Not all the counting is done, but Obama is currently at 51% to Romney's 48%

So Republicans didn't lost an election for 1%, it currently stands at 3%.

But, that's just in the presidency. The Senate race margins are more substantial.
    Well there's absentee ballots yet to be counted

And military

Not counting the ones that weren't delivered of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

And military

you're still wrong

War,
    The compromise can mean holding true to your core principles while giving a little on fringe issues. 99% of Americans want a chance to succeed and freedom to choose. Get back to the economic basics. Offer a TRUE distinction between the two parties. LESS government, MORE jobs for ALL. LESS taxes, LESS regulation. CAN the social issues you already lost in anyway. Bye bye. Come to the middle on immigration and reform your economic polices from BIG but less than the alternative party to Less means more for the American public. Promote yes promote capitalisism in its truest form. Obama did during half his acceptance speech btw, ironically. Do a better job explaining to average American the fundamental differences between you and the opposition. STOP letting liberals define that message. Let go of the anti abortion, gay marriage rhetoric etc. ie STOP giving Bill Maher an audience. Strengthen the party with more military leaders. The Tea Parties demise could end up being the media devouring an ecomonomic platform I believe most Americans believe in due to most of it's leaders being socially out of date.

More right ecomincally. More center socially and on immigration. More female and Minority leadership. On foreign policy, Americans want to feel safe, we like ex military heros like McCain. More of that.

Jmo on the matter of compromise and what the GOP should do.
    I'm looking at this from a marketing/frame of mind point of view.
    Then again I've been listening to some hardcore conservative talk radio saying that's the last thing they should do. Stay strong, hold firm, Romney wasnt the conservative they needed to win....sigh, ok. You can go that route too.

If this Second Obama term is worse then the first you can probably stroll out Potato for the win. He said he's interested.
    Last edited by HessStation; 11-11-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    you're still wrong
    And time will tell if 51% of the vote was as well.

HuffPo

WASHINGTON -- Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Sunday they are working together on a plan for immigration reform that will include a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants already in the United States -- a step forward after the Republican party's years of stonewalling such efforts as "amnesty."

"We need to be firm and fair. Self-deportation isn't going to work," Graham said on CBS' "Face the Nation," acknowledging that most voters support pathways to citizenship.

I watched a good bit of the Sunday shows today, I get a kick out of the same pundits who last Sunday told us the President couldn't win now telling us what the election outcome means.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-11-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    HuffPo
    Most people support the pathways to citizenship that already exist. Creating one for those that are here illegally would be, by definition, amnesty. Calling them undocumented immigrants is disingenuous, as is your apparent acceptance of the terminology to perpetuate an agenda with which you happen to agree.

There's nothing wrong with an amnesty program, provided it takes into account the same things all people who immigrate here legally must endure. Seems like a win-win, could you tell me why you and/or "your side" are opposed?

All Pro
    you're still wrong
    The latest deadline is 10 days after Election day for Washington, D.C., and for overseas absentee ballots sent to Florida, drunkkiddoofus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Most people support the pathways to citizenship that already exist. Creating one for those that are here illegally would be, by definition, amnesty. Calling them undocumented immigrants is disingenuous, as is your apparent acceptance of the terminology to perpetuate an agenda with which you happen to agree.

There's nothing wrong with an amnesty program, provided it takes into account the same things all people who immigrate here legally must endure. Seems like a win-win, could you tell me why you and/or "your side" are opposed?
    THere missing a vital piece to all this IMO, which is suring up our borders.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    THere missing a vital piece to all this IMO, which is suring up our borders.
    Not happening. What lib is proposing or for that?
    So much for your imaginary bilateral compromise.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-11-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Veteran
    I like how 3 million people "isn't winning by that much".

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    I like how 3 million people "isn't winning by that much".
    Less than 1% of the U.S. Population.

Decide for yourself if that equates to a big win, little win, or a mandate.

I watched a good bit of the Sunday shows today, I get a kick out of the same pundits who last Sunday told us the President couldn't win now telling us what the election outcome means.
    I've never watched so much Fox News in my life. This is comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

And military

Q: Did military absentee ballots arrive a day late, swinging the election in favor of President Obama?
    A: No. This rumor is based on a satirical post on a blog that specializes in “faux news.”
    http://factcheck.org/2012/11/did-und...tion-to-obama/