View Poll Results: What position should the Jets draft in the 1st round next year?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

22 25.00%
  • OL

18 20.45%
  • WR

3 3.41%
  • RB

16 18.18%
  • DL

1 1.14%
  • LB

28 31.82%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets should draft in 1st round?

At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets should draft in 1st round?

At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets need to draft in the 1st round next year?

Second overall

BPA. If given a choice a pass rushing olb.

I'm guessing Revis won't be back next year, so I'd say CB is priority #1.

Rookie
    BPA

Too many needs to focus on one position.

A pass catching, QB who can run and block on special teams.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I'm guessing Revis won't be back next year, so I'd say CB is priority #1.
    why wont he be back?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    why wont he be back?
    Whoops, sorry, he probably will be back next year, but not in 2014, when his contract becomes voidable at his discretion. Since he's played hardball with the team before about money, I have no reason to think he wouldn't opt to void it.

Veteran
    why wont he be back?
    Cause it was be ludacris to pay him considering how many holes we have on the team. He is not going to play out his contract, and the jets won't loose him without getting something in return. Gotta trade revis this off season for a pass rusher or WR.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Cause it was be ludacris to pay him considering how many holes we have on the team. He is not going to play out his contract, and the jets won't loose him without getting something in return. Gotta trade revis this off season for a pass rusher or WR.
    You don't get rid of your best player. You just don't. Just stupid talk.

You don't get rid of your best player. You just don't. Just stupid talk.
    But you can if you draft another stud CB in the first round.

All League
    But you can if you draft another stud CB in the first round.
    Sounds pretty easy

Jets Insider VIP
    Thirty second and also thirty third with the second rounder from Mr Singh of Jax for giving him Teblows

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I think we have a lot of needs, but I think OL needs to be a focus as long as rex is here and we are looking to ground and pound, we need help at RB but i think that can be addressed later or maybe even by adding a vet -

I really think they need to keep drafting OL high untill that unit is deep and is considered among the leagues best again. Its not a coincidence that sanchez and the running game have regressed since woody retired, that threw off the whole unit and its hasn't even remotely recovered. It never hurts to have a whole stable full of young stud OLs.

Obviously OLB is needed greatly, but they don't grow on trees and we can't afford to reach and miss. This draft needs to be more offensively focused. with RB and OL being the greatest positions of need for the type of team rex wants to run.

Sounds pretty easy
    As long as Tanny listens to Rex, they'll get one.

As long as Tanny listens to Rex, they'll get one.
    He's listened to Rex for 3 straight years and the D has gone from 1st to 3rd to 5th to 16th. Not to mention, the team's pass D is the only viable unit on the entire team. QBs don't have great games against us, Revis or not. We don't need a corner, the idea of drafting another one is ludicrous at best. We do, however, have a million other holes, including at QB.

Tannenbaum won't be making the pick anyway so this discussion is academic at best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Take a qb in round 1. That was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Take a qb in round 1. That was easy.
    I understand the logic of this since Tebow will probably be gone, but I don't think it's wise to use a 1st round pick on a backup for Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's listened to Rex for 3 straight years and the D has gone from 1st to 3rd to 5th to 16th. Not to mention, the team's pass D is the only viable unit on the entire team. QBs don't have great games against us, Revis or not. We don't need a corner, the idea of drafting another one is ludicrous at best. We do, however, have a million other holes, including at QB.
    No, it's exactly what we need. Look at Belichick. He stockpiles TE's and tries to get as many good WR's as possible for Brady because it's a passing league. In our case, we can stay ahead of the curve by being an elite pass defense team. If that means we use the next 4 drafts on CB's and safeties, I'd be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Tannenbaum won't be making the pick anyway so this discussion is academic at best.
    I hope you're right.

I don't like the QBs in this draft so I'd say RB.