Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: What position should the Jets draft in the 1st round next year?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

    22 25.00%
  • OL

    18 20.45%
  • WR

    3 3.41%
  • RB

    16 18.18%
  • DL

    1 1.14%
  • LB

    28 31.82%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets should draft in 1st round?

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets should draft in 1st round?

    At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets need to draft in the 1st round next year?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second overall

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    BPA. If given a choice a pass rushing olb.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing Revis won't be back next year, so I'd say CB is priority #1.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like
    BPA

    Too many needs to focus on one position.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    A pass catching, QB who can run and block on special teams.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I'm guessing Revis won't be back next year, so I'd say CB is priority #1.
    why wont he be back?

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    why wont he be back?
    Whoops, sorry, he probably will be back next year, but not in 2014, when his contract becomes voidable at his discretion. Since he's played hardball with the team before about money, I have no reason to think he wouldn't opt to void it.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    why wont he be back?
    Cause it was be ludacris to pay him considering how many holes we have on the team. He is not going to play out his contract, and the jets won't loose him without getting something in return. Gotta trade revis this off season for a pass rusher or WR.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Cause it was be ludacris to pay him considering how many holes we have on the team. He is not going to play out his contract, and the jets won't loose him without getting something in return. Gotta trade revis this off season for a pass rusher or WR.
    You don't get rid of your best player. You just don't. Just stupid talk.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You don't get rid of your best player. You just don't. Just stupid talk.
    But you can if you draft another stud CB in the first round.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    But you can if you draft another stud CB in the first round.
    Sounds pretty easy

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thirty second and also thirty third with the second rounder from Mr Singh of Jax for giving him Teblows

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    963
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we have a lot of needs, but I think OL needs to be a focus as long as rex is here and we are looking to ground and pound, we need help at RB but i think that can be addressed later or maybe even by adding a vet -

    I really think they need to keep drafting OL high untill that unit is deep and is considered among the leagues best again. Its not a coincidence that sanchez and the running game have regressed since woody retired, that threw off the whole unit and its hasn't even remotely recovered. It never hurts to have a whole stable full of young stud OLs.

    Obviously OLB is needed greatly, but they don't grow on trees and we can't afford to reach and miss. This draft needs to be more offensively focused. with RB and OL being the greatest positions of need for the type of team rex wants to run.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sounds pretty easy
    As long as Tanny listens to Rex, they'll get one.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    As long as Tanny listens to Rex, they'll get one.
    He's listened to Rex for 3 straight years and the D has gone from 1st to 3rd to 5th to 16th. Not to mention, the team's pass D is the only viable unit on the entire team. QBs don't have great games against us, Revis or not. We don't need a corner, the idea of drafting another one is ludicrous at best. We do, however, have a million other holes, including at QB.

    Tannenbaum won't be making the pick anyway so this discussion is academic at best.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a qb in round 1. That was easy.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Take a qb in round 1. That was easy.
    I understand the logic of this since Tebow will probably be gone, but I don't think it's wise to use a 1st round pick on a backup for Sanchez.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's listened to Rex for 3 straight years and the D has gone from 1st to 3rd to 5th to 16th. Not to mention, the team's pass D is the only viable unit on the entire team. QBs don't have great games against us, Revis or not. We don't need a corner, the idea of drafting another one is ludicrous at best. We do, however, have a million other holes, including at QB.
    No, it's exactly what we need. Look at Belichick. He stockpiles TE's and tries to get as many good WR's as possible for Brady because it's a passing league. In our case, we can stay ahead of the curve by being an elite pass defense team. If that means we use the next 4 drafts on CB's and safeties, I'd be thrilled.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Tannenbaum won't be making the pick anyway so this discussion is academic at best.
    I hope you're right.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the QBs in this draft so I'd say RB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us