Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: What position should the Jets draft in the 1st round next year?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

22 25.00%
  • OL

18 20.45%
  • WR

3 3.41%
  • RB

16 18.18%
  • DL

1 1.14%
  • LB

28 31.82%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets should draft in 1st round?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's tough to say without knowing where they'll end up drafting. Huge difference between going BPA at No. 2 and No. 15.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    As long as Tanny listens to Rex, they'll get one.
    here is the problem:

There is not a single person in the entire world that can do what Revis can do. Not one. I have nightmares that he will go home to the Steelers. I know they would not pay that much for him, but with the injury it opens that scenario up.

I want revis in green and white.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BPA

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

OLB TEXAS A&M

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question should be: Who should the Jets pick when they pick top 10? My hopes are with Montgomery out of LSU, Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith or Te'O will make me a happy campler. Im not as high on Jarvis Jones as others

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    Question should be: Who should the Jets pick when they pick top 10? My hopes are with Montgomery out of LSU, Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith or Te'O will make me a happy campler. Im not as high on Jarvis Jones as others
    Round 1: Pass rusher
    Round 2: Best available offensive skill player
    Round 3: Best available offensive skill player

Make sure Landry is re-signed so we don't HAVE to spend a pick on Safety.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best prospects I see are mainly linemen this year.

Unless the Jets can get Geno Smith, I wouldn't want them to blow a first rounder on ANOTHER USC QB in Barkley. I also don't see the Jets not giving Tebow a shot for at least a season as the starting QB. Which isn't necessarily bad because the rebuild here is not quick.

Knowing what I know about this draft and understanding that it's very likely Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Kansas City will have the top 3 picks. We could end up in the top 5, but I don't think that's likely. More likely top 10.

This draft is deep on both Defensive and Offensive linemen.

I'm going to say that they should take the best available. In their position it could be either a Guard, DT, or OT.

Tackle remains a position of need and flexibility, provided they can cut Ferguson (I'm not sure how much more is guaranteed.)

The best RB in the draft is no longer coming out (Lattimore), but that's the biggest position of need. I would say WR, OLB, or again on the line somewhere (both guard spots, possibly another tackle).

The goal is to ultimately not be a great team next year and insure the fan base knows they have an actual plan moving forward.

Because the prize is to be HORRID in 2013 and get Clowney and simultaneously dump Tebow and Sanchez.

Hell trade the 2012 draft picks for 2013 picks. Try to stockpile a ton of them. Know how Dallas won all those Super Bowls?

They traded Herschel Walker for picks that turned into Irvin, Aikman, and Smith.

TL;DR:

Trade as many picks as possible in 2012 to stockpile for 2013 because you are salary cap locked by Sanchez and your owner loves Tim Tebow. Build from the ground up and stop plugging holes in the dam. Do whatever is possible to get Clowney.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BPA.
    The Jets have too many needs and need to build a team for the near and distant future. You cant keep drafting based on need alone or else you will pass up on great football players. What this team lacks the most is great football players regardless of position. We have only had one (Revis) since Curtis Martin/Wayne Chrebet retired

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I don't like the QBs in this draft so I'd say RB.
    You haven't looked at the RB then either. There isn't one worth a 3rd much less a 1st. I'll take a QB. If we are going to draft a QB this years class is much better then next years. Hinds sight is always 20-20. Geno and Barkley would be no brainers. Wilson reminds me too much of Sanchez but I do like Bray a lot. If not OLB or ILB if Teo is there. I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted Teo and traded Harris. Ship him to Washington for a 5th and open up more cap space. His is really the only deal that either has to be reworked or traded away IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You haven't looked at the RB then either. There isn't one worth a 3rd much less a 1st. I'll take a QB. If we are going to draft a QB this years class is much better then next years. Hinds sight is always 20-20. Geno and Barkley would be no brainers. Wilson reminds me too much of Sanchez but I do like Bray a lot. If not OLB or ILB if Teo is there. I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted Teo and traded Harris. Ship him to Washington for a 5th and open up more cap space. His is really the only deal that either has to be reworked or traded away IMO.
    Lattimore was a first rounder before that horrific injury.

I hope he comes back better, to be honest, I really like Lattimore. That guy is a beast.

There are decent RB's later.

In two years that kid on Alabama Yeldon looks legit, too.

I'd take Jawan Jamison in 3rd or 4th round. I would legitimately package up the first two picks this year to try to get multiple first rounders in the 2014 draft which looks pretty damned good. Yeldon, Lattimore, and Clowney will be coming out then, assuming Lattimore does the right thing and takes his time recovering from that terrible injury.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thirty second and also thirty third with the second rounder from Mr Singh of Jax for giving him Teblows

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Singh is a Hindu golfer from Fiji, Khan is a naturalized citizen who is an immigrant Muslim from Pakistan, that keeps all the jobs he creates in the US.

And you think Woody is going to fleece him? When his star threatened to hold out he said see you later. Woody gave Revis 50 million and a offer to drive him to his next team.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went with OL, b/c it seems there are several good ones this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

I hope he comes back better, to be honest, I really like Lattimore. That guy is a beast.

I'd take Jawan Jamison in 3rd or 4th round. I would legitimately package up the first two picks this year to try to get multiple first rounders in the 2014 draft which looks pretty damned good. Yeldon, Lattimore, and Clowney will be coming out then, assuming Lattimore does the right thing and takes his time recovering from that terrible injury.
    I just really have no hope for this RB class. People keep mentioning Lacy but I don't think he'd be better then what we already have. I'd actually rather gamble on Gee Gee, Reddick or Harper who looks like good 6th rounders. Really feel the best rookie RB will come somewhere out of the late rounds next year. I don't think Jamison is eligible this year. If he is I hope he stays Rutgers needs him bad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A player that is nfl ready

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

I like what I see from Oregon's Kenjon Barner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnOZSMqoM20

321 yards and 5 TDs against USC is pretty solid. I would trade down and get more picks and pick this guy up or pick up the best available RT or LG.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Take a qb in round 1. That was easy.
    Exactly shouldn't even be a debate unless your blind

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I don't like the QBs in this draft so I'd say RB.
    Bet you they are better than suckcez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thirty second and also thirty third with the second rounder from Mr Singh of Jax for giving him Teblows

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You are like a broken record! There is more to life then your constant bs about a football player you are jealous of!

How about drafting a real QB with a cannon for an arm plus accuracy to replace SUCKCHEZ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won't be so bad, that we'll get one of the better QB's. I doubt there's even a real good prospect. RB, the same. So... pass rusher.