Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: What position should the Jets draft in the 1st round next year?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

22 25.00%
  • OL

18 20.45%
  • WR

3 3.41%
  • RB

16 18.18%
  • DL

1 1.14%
  • LB

28 31.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: At this point in time, what position do you think the Jets should draft in 1st round?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You don't get rid of your best player. You just don't. Just stupid talk.
    Yes you do....The Colts opted not to bring back Peyton, and drafted Luck....how's that working out?

If a CB is your best player on your team, then your team isn't very good to begin with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st round: Owner

2nd round: Head Coach

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

none of the above

Trade the pick for more picks! Too many holes to fix!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yes you do....The Colts opted not to bring back Peyton, and drafted Luck....how's that working out?

If a CB is your best player on your team, then your team isn't very good to begin with.
    pound for pound revis would be the best player on any team he's on at least on defense. he could be a key player for a true dominant defense if we could just get a natural pass rush up front
    Last edited by cant wait; 11-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Barkley - We need to put this whole Sanchez bullsh*t behind us. The guy sucks and for the sake of the team and the CS, we should draft a QB. The players work too GD hard just to KNOW that their QB will f*ck them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Matt Barkley - We need to put this whole Sanchez bullsh*t behind us. The guy sucks and for the sake of the team and the CS, we should draft a QB. The players work too GD hard just to KNOW that their QB will f*ck them.
    Right.

Another USC QB to come in and BUST. Nice choice, Deer-hunter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ If the BPA is Matt Barkley, the Jets are going to be in serious trouble.

NO MORE USC QB's!!

Mainejet may have me on ignore(or rather is purposely ignoring me) but even he should realize that USC QB's almost *NEVER* find any success in the NFL. And even when they did, it was fleeting and not consistant....

Examples : Carson Palmer(then he got older and got hurt) and Mark Sanchez(early success but is now failing due to his mistakes and due to Rex Ryan).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best player available, except not a CB or ILB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    LOL

Barkley is going to suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    No, it's exactly what we need. Look at Belichick. He stockpiles TE's and tries to get as many good WR's as possible for Brady because it's a passing league. In our case, we can stay ahead of the curve by being an elite pass defense team. If that means we use the next 4 drafts on CB's and safeties, I'd be thrilled.

I hope you're right.
    This strategy does not work. They've been an elite pass defense team and it only got them as far as the AFCCG. No matter how elite you are if the rules favor the offense, you can't defend it. Better to acknowledge reality and shore up the offense to be able to keep the score higher.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there were a QB worth taking in the first round, obviously QB, but I don't think there is. There's no need to reach for another mediocre at best talent. Maybe Geno Smith will be something, but is he a first round talent at this point? No. Matt Barkley will go Top 10, but staying away from USC QB's would be smart (look at their recent pedigrees over the last 20 years).

So with that said it comes down to three positions in my eyes: OLB/DE (Depending on if Rex's thick head becomes thinner and he realizes the defense should be primarily a 43 set, not a 34 or 25), G and RB. Alabama has two very good lineman coming out (Jones, Warmack) and as far as RB goes, I'm not really sure. I guess we'll have to see who declares and who doesn't. Slauson and Moore are both FA's and if you have a great OL, you can plug almost anyone behind it, so for now I'll go with G.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If there were a QB worth taking in the first round, obviously QB, but I don't think there is. There's no need to reach for another mediocre at best talent. Maybe Geno Smith will be something, but is he a first round talent at this point? No. Matt Barkley will go Top 10, but staying away from USC QB's would be smart (look at their recent pedigrees over the last 20 years).

So with that said it comes down to three positions in my eyes: OLB/DE (Depending on if Rex's thick head becomes thinner and he realizes the defense should be primarily a 43 set, not a 34 or 25), G and RB. Alabama has two very good lineman coming out (Jones, Warmack) and as far as RB goes, I'm not really sure. I guess we'll have to see who declares and who doesn't. Slauson and Moore are both FA's and if you have a great OL, you can plug almost anyone behind it, so for now I'll go with G.
    I'm a little, but only a very little, wary of taking USC QBs based on USC QB performance in recent years.

First, the coaching staffs have changed, so it's hard to say it really matters what past USC QBs have down in the past. Yes, they still have a lot of talent on offense and that helps QBs look good. But they aren't the only team like that, and just because Barkley is wearing the same uniform that Sanchez and Leinart wore doesn't mean all that much.

Second, many draftniks said don't take Aaron Rodgers based on the track record of QBs coached by Jeff Tedford (Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller). Rodgers turned out to be a decent QB. You can't focus too much on these track records, need to decide based on the player himself.

This isn't to suggest that Barkley is a perfect prospect, he isn't. But he shouldn't be ruled out based on his school.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Barley more so than any other recent USC QB can credit his success more to the talent around him rather than himself. We'll see. I'd like to stay far, far away. It will be a moot point either way. Some team will reach for him in the Top 10 and I think we'll be picking in the 12-16 range (7-9, 8-8 is where I see us finishing).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be picking top 10, so we need to grab that pass rushing OLB. Seems like there are a few good ones in this draft.