Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CIA Director, former General David Petraeus resigns

CIA Director, former General David Petraeus resigns

For personal reasons, cites an extra-martial affair. Andrea Mitchell just broke this on MSNBC.

Sad ending to a fantastic public service career.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-09-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Coulda really done some good but got too close with the administration...

Shame.

All Pro
    Remember "General Betray Us?" LOL at liberals.

Jets Insider VIP
    So now it's the "Damm Libruls" fault when a General needs to resign when caught fornicating

Is FoxNews demanding another unneeded Congressional Investigation of this now that nobody showed the slightest interest in their last frivolous Investigation clamoring

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So now it's the "Damm Libruls" fault when a General needs to resign when caught fornicating

Is FoxNews demanding another unneeded Congressional Investigation of this now that nobody showed the slightest interest in their last frivolous Investigation clamoring

Dude, enough with the baiting. I've warned you once.

To the OP: this is very dissapointing. His career is almost legendary when you think about it. There must be something more to this affair that is forcing him to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    To the OP: this is very dissapointing. His career is almost legendary when you think about it. There must be something more to this affair that is forcing him to resign.
    Maybe it's a dude. Or an Afghan.

Ever really see DC?

It can happen to any man in DC

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Remember "General Betray Us?" LOL at liberals.
    Im sure his family isnt laughing.

That being said, only n puritanical America do you see people resigning over extra-marital affairs. Its pathetic. Somehow i think there may be more to this story.

Dude, enough with the baiting. I've warned you once.

Fox News is already peddling this theory. Some former military guy on Cavuto's show thinks "the Chicago guys" had this affair card in their back pocket and decided to use it after the election because the director refused to go along with them on their Bengazi story.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

@markknoller: Senate Intelligence Committee says Petraeus will not testify at next week’s closed hearing on the events in Benghazi.

Mmmmm. The plot thickens.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    That being said, only n puritanical America do you see people resigning over extra-marital affairs. Its pathetic. Somehow i think there may be more to this story.
    Is there public pressure for him to resign? My guess is the affair lead to troubles in his marriage, and he's taking the time to try and fix it. Personal decision, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Fox News is already peddling this theory. Some former military guy on Cavuto's show thinks "the Chicago guys" had this affair card in their back pocket and decided to use it after the election because the director refused to go along with them on their Bengazi story.
    Or maybe the great General purposely misled the administration with questinable intel to make them look bad for political reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Is there public pressure for him to resign? My guess is the affair lead to troubles in his marriage, and he's taking the time to try and fix it. Personal decision, nothing wrong with that.
    Again, only in America.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Or maybe the great General purposely misled the administration with questinable intel to make them look bad for political reasons?
    That I highly doubt.

Can't believe Petraeus fell for the honeypot!

Yeah, prob has to do with him gallivanting around with her when Benghazi happened, and it would come out in hearings when Congress takes a closer look at the timeline.

On the upside, maybe him and Bernie Kerick can be pals now.

That I highly doubt.
    Its about as believable as :

"the Chicago guys" had this affair card in their back pocket and decided to use it after the election because the director refused to go along with them on their Bengazi story.

But im sure you dont doubt that story

Whatever the case, it's sad.

Whatever the case, I doubt we (the proles) will ever know 10% of the truth of what actually happened, or happened behind the scenes.

Same as Fast & Furious

Same as Libya

Same as....pretty much everything our Government does at that top level.

The little we get, bread and circuses.

Jets Insider VIP
    He was a good soldier and a fine American who served his country proudly and based on my time in beautiful Pleiku, I'm not usually a big fan of scrambled egg hat guys with stars. I'm sorry his service to America ended in this apparently negative way

Those looking for political conspiracy under every rock should be ashamed of themselves

NBC is reporting the FBI investigated David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell, the general's biographer.

Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.

All Pro
    Obama blames this one on bush.

and LMAO at book title.