Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CIA Director, former General David Petraeus resigns

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    He was a good soldier and a fine American who served his country proudly and based on my time in beautiful Pleiku, I'm not usually a big fan of scrambled egg hat guys with stars. I'm sorry his service to America ended in this apparently negative way

Those looking for political conspiracy under every rock should be ashamed of themselves

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You, of all people, don't get to lecture anyone on being ashamed of themselves.

Someone needs to tell Fox News and Drudge that just because the general resigned from the CIA doesn't mean he can't still be called to appear before the congress.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You, of all people, don't get to lecture anyone on being ashamed of themselves.
    And who are you to lecture me or anybody about anything, pal??

You don't have some sort of ownership right's to what can be discuss ed at a discussion forum unless you are Sooth or an appointed mod.

And my opinion here re General Petraeus was respectful. Not everything that happens is some dark political conspiracy as some seem to suggest

Last edited by sg3; 11-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Someone needs to tell Fox News and Drudge that just because the general resigned from the CIA doesn't mean he can't still be called to appear before the congress.
    You have to admit that the timing is very interesting.

I think they will subpoena him eventually.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    And who are you to lecture me or anybody about anything, pal??

You don't have some sort of ownership right's to what can be discuss ed at a discussion forum unless you are Sooth or an appointed mod.

And my opinion here re General Petraeus was respectful. Not everything that happens is some dark political conspiracy as some seem to suggest

No, by all means, keep it up.

Every single time you post, you unwittingly embarrass yourself. You're heads and shoulders above everyone here when it comes to lack of intelligence. You're vile and disgusting. You're also making a board that several of us use completely unreadable. We'd appreciate it if you would crawl back into your hole.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No, by all means, keep it up.

Every single time you post, you unwittingly embarrass yourself. You're heads and shoulders above everyone here when it comes to lack of intelligence. You're vile and disgusting. You're also making a board that several of us use completely unreadable. We'd appreciate it if you would crawl back into your hole.
    So it's OK for you to call another poster vile and disgusting and lacking in intelligence....Show me a post where I ever insulted you???

Veteran
    NBC is reporting the FBI investigated David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell, the general's biographer.

Totally worth it.

Jake Tapper ‏@jaketapper
    WH was informed about the Petraeus situation -- the affair, the FBI investigation -- on wednesday by director of natl intel Clapper.

Veteran
    I hate to be insensitive, shallow, um, a bastard, but...

you make the call...

vs

Veteran
    I bet her husband is pissed though. Cheating on him with some old dude?

Here is her and her husband on the daily show. He seems like an ok fellow. Shame he married a ho. There are actually a couple really funny parts in retrospect (moreso than normal I mean). It's worth a watch.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...unded-veterans

Why do hot bichaz cut their hair. Just stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Why do hot bichaz cut their hair. Just stop it!
    it's in a bun bro

it's in a bun bro
    Aaah, my iPhone. It's so small.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So according to the NY Times, the FBI began an investigation when someone (probably Broadwell) tried to gain access to Petraeus's secure email, and in doing so they stumbled upon the affair.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So according to the NY Times, the FBI began an investigation when someone (probably Broadwell) tried to gain access to Petraeus's secure email, and in doing so they stumbled upon the affair.
    Sex under a desk is being reported. This should get interesting.

I guess he was really the one "embedded"!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sex under a desk is being reported. This should get interesting.

I guess he was really the one "embedded"!

If she tried to access his email, that means she had access to his email.

What a dumb bastard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    If she tried to access his email, that means she had access to his email.

What a dumb bastard.
    Sounds like she had access to "everything"...and he was All In.

Just wait, next we'll find out she's a Russian spy!

Adam J. Morris ‏@lonestarball
    Did husband of woman named in Petraeus affair admit dilemma in letter to NYT advice column last July?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/ma...om-beyond.html

July 13, 2012:

MY WIFE’S LOVER

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

Don’t expose the affair in any high-profile way. It would be different if this man’s project was promoting some (contextually hypocritical) family-values platform, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. The only motive for exposing the relationship would be to humiliate him and your wife, and that’s never a good reason for doing anything. This is between you and your spouse. You should tell her you want to separate, just as you would if she were sleeping with the mailman. The idea of “suffering in silence” for the good of the project is illogical. How would the quiet divorce of this man’s mistress hurt an international leadership initiative? He’d probably be relieved.

The fact that you’re willing to accept your wife’s infidelity for some greater political good is beyond honorable. In fact, it’s so over-the-top honorable that I’m not sure I believe your motives are real. Part of me wonders why you’re even posing this question, particularly in a column that is printed in The New York Times.

Your dilemma is intriguing, but I don’t see how it’s ambiguous. Your wife is having an affair with a person you happen to respect. Why would that last detail change the way you respond to her cheating? Do you admire this man so much that you haven’t asked your wife why she keeps having sex with him? I halfway suspect you’re writing this letter because you want specific people to read this column and deduce who is involved and what’s really going on behind closed doors (without actually addressing the conflict in person). That’s not ethical, either.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-09-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Adam J. Morris ‏@lonestarball

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/ma...om-beyond.html

July 13, 2012:
    Wow! Wild stuff!