Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Mik Tannabuam NEEDS TO GO!!!!

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mik Tannabuam NEEDS TO GO!!!!

    I have had enough of this fool as a GM. I still like to know how you make a number cruncher a football talent evaluator! HOw does that happen? We need someone as a GM who knows football and talent and not get caught up in all the hype players like Farve, Holms, Burress, and Tebow!!!! He ruined Managini's career shoving Farve down his throat!!! THen they bring in Holms and that was a nightmare, BUrress another bad move, and then Tebow destroying not only Sanchez career but Tebows too! I am done with this guy what picks has he given us that are even on the team anymore!!! DOne with gtis guy and if a new GM comes in and firs rex so be it no sleep lost!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum---aka. The Accountant must go. I would let the new GM decide if they want to keep Rex there---I would think they would not. But this is all predicated on Woody Trust Baby hiring a tested football man to run his franchise.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Tannenbaum---aka. The Accountant must go. I would let the new GM decide if they want to keep Rex there---I would think they would not. But this is all predicated on Woody Trust Baby hiring a tested football man to run his franchise.

    This is exactly what should happen now!

    Rex is still in the situation where he has to plays Tanny's guys.

    Rex gets to coach it out and we see if there's a difference. If this doesn't happen, then Woody is clearly pulling strings, and Rex is just being the company guy keeping his mouth shut so he can get his next gig as D coordinator.

    As I have said previously, Tebow is being set up to be the guy for next year. He takes over sometime during the Thanksgiving game, or as soon as Sanchez soils the bed from Thanksgiving on.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    I have had enough of this fool as a GM. I still like to know how you make a number cruncher a football talent evaluator! HOw does that happen? We need someone as a GM who knows football and talent and not get caught up in all the hype players like Farve, Holms, Burress, and Tebow!!!! He ruined Managini's career shoving Farve down his throat!!! THen they bring in Holms and that was a nightmare, BUrress another bad move, and then Tebow destroying not only Sanchez career but Tebows too! I am done with this guy what picks has he given us that are even on the team anymore!!! DOne with gtis guy and if a new GM comes in and firs rex so be it no sleep lost!
    All of this Fire Tanny stuff. My sense is that it's unlikely.

    Favre, Burress and Tebow all seem to be owners call - NOT the GM. Woody doesn't a football guy there because he's easier to control. Any football guy in the league would not have allowed Tebow. As you'll note by the fact that nobody wanted him.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny is not the evaluator. Rex and Bradway are. When Rex said that hill was Tanny's choice he meant the FO's choice and not the coaching staffs choice. Tanny doesthe contracts and persues the guys that the personnel dept or the coaching staff have targeted.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Tannenbaum---aka. The Accountant must go. I would let the new GM decide if they want to keep Rex there---I would think they would not. But this is all predicated on Woody Trust Baby hiring a tested football man to run his franchise.
    Woody Trust Baby?

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Tanny is not the evaluator. Rex and Bradway are. When Rex said that hill was Tanny's choice he meant the FO's choice and not the coaching staffs choice. Tanny doesthe contracts and persues the guys that the personnel dept or the coaching staff have targeted.
    Tanny is the GM. He is in charge. Of course he takes input and recommendations from others in the organization, but he is the GM. The talent of the players on the field, the make-up and salary structure of the roster is HIS responsibility. If it is bad it is because he made bad decisions. If his decisions were made on bad advice then he made a poor choice in who to listen to and surround himself with in the organization.

    The man on top can not escape responsibility by asserting that his workers suck. that's what being in charge is about.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny needs to go, and he needs to take Rex with him. You don't fire GM's and keep the coach. It never works and is rarely done. A competent GM wants his guys in place who share in his philosophy. Rex is an absolute extremist in terms of philosophy. Rex is a great DC and that's where he needs to stay, pretty much exactly like Wade Phillips. If we fire Tannenbaum (must happen) and keep Rex the players and staff will never respect Rex fully because they will know his job is not safe. Fire Tanny, fire Rex, and move on with a new regime that picks their new QB and direction of this team.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever is responsible for drafting these players needs to go. Guys like Wilson, Ducasse and Hill should not have been drafted before the 4th round, yet they were coveted as high draft picks, why?

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Whoever is responsible for drafting these players needs to go. Guys like Wilson, Ducasse and Hill should not have been drafted before the 4th round, yet they were coveted as high draft picks, why?
    All projected to go before the 4th round.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Tanny is the GM. He is in charge. Of course he takes input and recommendations from others in the organization, but he is the GM. The talent of the players on the field, the make-up and salary structure of the roster is HIS responsibility. If it is bad it is because he made bad decisions. If his decisions were made on bad advice then he made a poor choice in who to listen to and surround himself with in the organization.

    The man on top can not escape responsibility by asserting that his workers suck. that's what being in charge is about.
    He is in charge and is responsible for everyone under him. My take was just that a previous poster said that Tanny made player evaluations. Tanny knows the cap and should continue to wear that hat.

    I have already posted that Marty Schotenhier, Decosta and Zimmer should be the new jets leadership next year. And if Reid takes the year off, Marty Morniwhieg who be a good fit for OC

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    All projected to go before the 4th round.
    Who cares where they were projected, we picked them, and we suck at least partially because of them (I'll give Hill the benefit of time before I include him though). Somebody needs to be held accountable.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Who cares where they were projected, we picked them, and we suck at least partially because of them (I'll give Hill the benefit of time before I include him though). Somebody needs to be held accountable.
    I hear ya, I just dont like it when people make it seem like those picks were totally out of left field.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is in charge and is responsible for everyone under him. My take was just that a previous poster said that Tanny made player evaluations. Tanny knows the cap and should continue to wear that hat.

    I have already posted that Marty Schotenhier, Decosta and Zimmer should be the new jets leadership next year. And if Reid takes the year off, Marty Morniwhieg who be a good fit for OC
    How can you have a guy in charge of determining HOW MUCH to pay people, who is NOT able to evaluate the player's talent. It goes hand in hand.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    How can you have a guy in charge of determining HOW MUCH to pay people, who is NOT able to evaluate the player's talent. It goes hand in hand.
    The technical director at work is a MBA not an Engineer. He has engineering supervisors working for him. Tanny has Bradway working for him.

    Micky Loomis in NO is just a money guy too. I am sure if we go thru the list i would think a good percentage are just money guys.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I hear ya, I just dont like it when people make it seem like those picks were totally out of left field.
    I think in retrospect Ducasse was out of left field. He was a project from day one, I just don't feel you use 2nd rounders on projects as raw as he was. They overvalued Wilson. Rex even mentioned Wilson was 7th rated overall on their board and they considered trading up for him. Hill remains to be seen. I see the talent in him, and given that the last 2 WR's from GT were Demaryus Thomas and Megatron I get where they are coming from with the pick. I place blame more in the fact that Tanny felt a project rookie WR could be plugged in immediately as our #2 WR.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The technical director at work is a MBA not an Engineer. He has engineering supervisors working for him. Tanny has Bradway working for him.

    Micky Loomis in NO is just a money guy too. I am sure if we go thru the list i would think a good percentage are just money guys.
    Now, I have no idea what you are talking about? Are you saying that Bradway was involved in the negotiations of Santonio Holmes contract and approved the money and years?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny needs to be DEMOTED back to Cap Guru. He doesn't have to go.

    He excels at Cap Guru'ing, I guess.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Tannabaum is not the root of the problem with the Jets, the root of the problem is Woody Johnson. I agree Mike Tannabaum has to be accountable but the blame lies even higher it rests at the top. The Jets need to be fixed from the top down like all great football organizations.

    All great football organizations are sound from the top down. Great football organizations make football decisions for football reasons. The Jets got Brett Farve for all the wrong reasons they got him to sell PSL's for the new stadium and would have done just as well or better with Chad Pennington. Woody Johnson sent his puppet Mike Tannabaum to fetch him Brett Farve. The Jets went up and moved up in the draft again for all the wrong reasons so they could get a young franchise QB so he sell PSL's. Woody again told Mike Tannabaum to fetch him Mark Sanchez not caring if he was not experienced in college and only played one season. Woody Johnson wanted more headlines so he to Tannabaum to get him Tebow to sell tickets again for all the wrong reasons. Even Rex Ryan who I think is a quality defense mind was hired because he could drum up lots of headlines so he could sell more tickets. All these moves were not made for football reasons.

    The Patriots only make moves for football reasons. The Steelers only make moves for football reasons. The Giants only make moves for football reasons. The top teams in this sport make football moves for football reasons and if there are other intentions in that move they are made with the wrong intent and those teams fail.

    Mike Tannenbaum is a puppet for Woody Johnson and on top of that is not a football guy. A top football guy will not be a puppet and be forced to make personal decisions for non-football reasons. Until the Jets get fixed at the top they will not be great, as a Jet fan its hard to come to the realization but unfortunately this is the reality.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us