Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Source: Mike Tannenbaum's job is safe

Source: Mike Tannenbaum's job is safe

Joe Caporoso of Turn on the Jets has a source telling him Mike Tannenbaum will not likely be on the chopping block in the event the season ends as unsuccessfully as it appears it will.

On Mike Tannenbaum’s job security - “The GM has the owner convinced that he isn’t at fault. He will play the Revis and Holmes injury card and plus he can play the Blame Rex game. He is brilliant at that.” (Translation – as we have been saying all along, Tannenbaum isn’t going anywhere next year).

http://turnonthejets.com/2012/11/new...viewing-guide/
    Looks like all of these "Fire Tanny" chants may be for nothing.

2013-2014 Season: Another bust. Thanks, Woody.

Not fired but reassigned within Woody's org. After all Tanny has 2 years left on his contract. Woody must realize that this team has made very poor personnel decisions.

Let him count the beans, he's good at that.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's nuts. So Tanny can play the Revis and Holmes injury card but Rex can't?

The only thing Tanny has going for him is a decent track record of Jets playoff appearances across 3 different coaches now. But that's quickly changing if the Jets miss the playoffs twice in a row.

Tanny can say he's been part of, or led, a front office that has put together rosters good enough for 3 coaches (Herm, Mangini, Rex) to make the playoffs.

Call me crazy but that report looks made up...

Bewildered Beast
    Unfortunately Tanny earned his keep.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Call me crazy but that report looks made up...
    Kinda thought that too. "...will not likely..." sounds like some serious hedging.

Not sure about these Turn on the Jets folks yet. Most things I see are somewhat "self promotional."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Kinda thought that too. "...will not likely..." sounds like some serious hedging.

Not sure about these Turn on the Jets folks yet. Most things I see are somewhat "self promotional."
    Exactly what I was going to say. It's poorly worded, and I don't trust what a made up source tells some nobody running a Jets fan blog. If this were true, the same "source" would've also told the REAL reporters -- Cimini, Mehta, Orr, etc.

This should be dumped; nothing to see here.

All League
    Hopefully its wrong

TurnontheJets.com

An ex-poster with the original idea of making a Jets fan forum?

I hope the report is accurate for the first thing reported before a GM or Head Coach gets axed is that their job is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Looks like all of these "Fire Tanny" chants may be for nothing.
    Of course. I've been saying this for weeks. This owner has never held anyone accountable who reports directly to him. Not Terry Bradway, not Jay Cross, and not Mike Tannenbaum. If and when Tanny is relieved of his GM duties, he will be "reassigned within the organization." Not fired. Not by this owner. Not ever. Same old Jets.

Tanny got Tebow cause Woody told him to for PSL's.As long as he does what Woody says he won't get fired.Woddy wants PSL's not fielding a good team!!!!

Tanny is to Woody as Isiah is to Dolan.

and the losing will continue. the jets are such a joke

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Rex and Sanchez suck but Tannenbaum is the biggest problem in the organization. The roster is poorly constructed and he simply hasn't hit on enough of his draft picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

To go a step further, if you were to make an All AFC East team, again just among the four teams in our division, how many Jets would on it? Cromartie, then maybe Mangold and Landry, that's all I can come up with. That's bull****, unacceptable at this point in Tannenbaum's tenure.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    The GM has the owner convinced that he isn’t at fault. He will play the Revis and Holmes injury card and plus he can play the Blame Rex game. He is brilliant at that.”
    So really, as long as we have an owner that can be swayed by a calculating imbecile, we are *****d.

-

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Let him count the beans, he's good at that.
    yes. afterall, this guy is the one who structured curtis martins contract. Keep him doing payroll/contracts but hire a good GM.