Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: What are the chances we can get Johnny Football in 3 years?

  1. #1

    What are the chances we can get Johnny Football in 3 years?

    To bad he's only a freshman, but that guy can fkn play!

  2. #2
    3 years? Is that how long it takes for them to declare for the NFL? I'll take him tomorrow.

  3. #3
    Since he's only a freshman he'll come out after his 3rd year... So we have to wait....

    If we keep sanchez, we should be in position for the 1st pick right about that time.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Johnsburg
    Posts
    1,337
    He's a red shirt freshman so, technically, he could come out after next season.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Sweep View Post
    To bad he's only a freshman, but that guy can fkn play!
    who are you guys talking about.whos johnny football maybe i live under a rock.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,131
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    who are you guys talking about.whos johnny football maybe i live under a rock.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=johnny+football

  7. #7
    I think Mariotti is going to look like a better prospect in 2 years.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,797
    Who the hell gave him the nickname "Johnny Football"? I cringed when I heard Verne say that. Ugh.

    That being said, as a passer, I think Mariota is better. As a runner, it's about even. Think Mariota is still the better QB. Rather have him.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,828
    Going to be a great college player.

    6'1" 200 . . . . I'll pass.

    But that is the type of QB we need. Accurate passer and athletic. Just want someone that can stand tall in the pocket and move around well if need be.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-11-2012 at 07:01 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Going to be a great college player.

    6'1" 200 . . . . I'll pass.

    But that is the type of QB we need. Accurate passer and athletic. Just want someone that can stand tall in the pocket and move around well if need be.
    Nah, I disagree. This kid is cool in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field when he scrambles. I can see this kid being a top 10 pick with 2 more years of experience. He throws a nice catchable ball also.

    To me this kid has a chance to be another RG3.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Nah, I disagree. This kid is cool in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field when he scrambles. I can see this kid being a top 10 pick with 2 more years of experience. He throws a nice catchable ball also.

    To me this kid has a chance to be another RG3.
    WOW. Manziel is nowhere close to the athlete RG3 was in college. IMO he isn't cool in the pocket, he seems to be very Vick-ish when he feels his first read isn't open and tucks it and runs. Too small to play the way he does in the nfl.

  12. #12
    Nice college player, but not a star in the NFL. He'll get killed running around like he does in the NFL and his arm, although accurate in college, probably isn't good enough to be a consistent success in the NFL. He's more Atlanta Michael Vick, with less of an arm, than Bob Griffin.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Nice college player, but not a star in the NFL. He'll get killed running around like he does in the NFL and his arm, although accurate in college, probably isn't good enough to be a consistent success in the NFL. He's more Atlanta Michael Vick, with less of an arm, than Bob Griffin.
    well done.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,766
    It's a little early to put him in the HOF, as it is with RG3. Cam Newton is the best rookie ever. Can't miss prospect. I've had enough of scrambling QBs. I want one big enough to throw with guys hanging on them.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,828
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's a little early to put him in the HOF, as it is with RG3. Cam Newton is the best rookie ever. Can't miss prospect. I've had enough of scrambling QBs. I want one big enough to throw with guys hanging on them.
    Yes.

    Big, strong, AND ACCURATE pocket passer who is athletic enough to use his legs when need be. And that doesn't just include scrambling, it also means being able to slide in the pocket.

    Big Ben, Cam Newton and Andrew Luck all fit this mold. Rodgers, Brees and RG3 do as well but they are not as big.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes.

    Big, strong, AND ACCURATE pocket passer who is athletic enough to use his legs when need be. And that doesn't just include scrambling, it also means being able to slide in the pocket.

    Big Ben, Cam Newton and Andrew Luck all fit this mold. Rodgers, Brees and RG3 do as well but they are not as big.
    Have you seen Cam play this year. I guess I should have specified a QB that is tall, and keeps his focus down field. Sanchez keeps his focus most of the time, but he's too short to see downfield in a congested pocket. I'm tired of that. Short guys need a clean pocket, or to scramble. Ben, Luck, Peyton, Rodgers, even Eli. Cam is big enough, but he wants to run. Doesn't keep his focus down field. Brees, is an aberation, and he needs to find throwing lanes, and stay in rhythm. Brady is too, but for toughness. I'm not sure how he does it. He has second sight, and knows how a play will develop before it happens. You can't draft a guy and count on that. RG3 is a rookie, and running a college offense. I'll wait a year or so before I buy into that.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 11-11-2012 at 08:32 AM.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    WOW. Manziel is nowhere close to the athlete RG3 was in college. IMO he isn't cool in the pocket, he seems to be very Vick-ish when he feels his first read isn't open and tucks it and runs. Too small to play the way he does in the nfl.
    He's too small now... but he has 3 more years to put on some weight. 6'1" isn't ideal, but it's tall enough to play as long as he has the arm and accuracy.

    By the time he gets drafted, he'll be closer to 220, I'm guessing.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Nice college player, but not a star in the NFL. He'll get killed running around like he does in the NFL and his arm, although accurate in college, probably isn't good enough to be a consistent success in the NFL. He's more Atlanta Michael Vick, with less of an arm, than Bob Griffin.
    Agree, his skills will not translate that well to the NFL game.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Agree, his skills will not translate that well to the NFL game.
    Don't you think it's a little too early to tell? It wouldn't be smart for him to rely so much on his legs as his college career progresses.

    He is a freshman and has lots of time to improve throwing. After seeing what he did last night, I wouldn't doubt the kid. Some of those throws were absolutely perfect... against an SEC defense with lots of NFL talent.

  20. #20
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Williamstown NJ
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Going to be a great college player.

    6'1" 200 . . . . I'll pass.

    But that is the type of QB we need. Accurate passer and athletic. Just want someone that can stand tall in the pocket and move around well if need be.
    +1 I don't see him projecting well to the NFL either. I don't want another QB made of glass, when need someone big and strong like big Ben.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us